Has it occurred to anyone...

that Pruitt already has his guy? I mean after-all, he's in Memphis today recruiting. Bailey committed and Maurer said he isn't supposed to say anything and he knows and was reassured when Pruitt visited him last week.
When did Maurer say he knew? Link?

Personally, I think this is for PR damage control and it's in the bag.

When did Maurer say he knew? Link?

Personally, I think this is for PR damage control and it's in the bag.
I am probably wrong, but the simpliest answer is most likely. AV said a choice was made and we would be pleased... announcement today. Which jives with Lindsey going to KS. Now if today comes and goes, expect deal with Freeze hit a wall, somewhere along the way. If it's Freeze pumping breaks, waiting on Bama, then it's really whether we wait for Freeze or move on to choice B.

I am probably wrong, but the simpliest answer is most likely. AV said a choice was made and we would be pleased... announcement today. Which jives with Lindsey going to KS. Now if today comes and goes, expect deal with Freeze hit a wall, somewhere along the way. If it's Freeze pumping breaks, waiting on Bama, then it's really whether we wait for Freeze or move on to choice B.
AV doesn’t know either. All just speculation. You cant say it’s done then all the sudden things change the next day. That’s a popular run around for “insiders”

Reactions: FLVOL_79
If it was done, seems like they'd announce it or someone would leak it.
Or perhaps the new OC is still coaching (NFL)? I mean know one knows anything. This whole Freeze chaos is because the fans made it into one. Not once has Pruitt come out and said Freeze is our number one candidate. Everything is hearsay.

Eaxactly. There's zero reason not to announce it. And if its an active coach like Enos, you do not let a QB freaking coach finish out the season. It was dumb Pruitt did it himself as a DC. Get your butt to your actual job.
Yes there are plenty of reasons not to announce. After today, I may think differently.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Eaxactly. There's zero reason not to announce it. And if its an active coach like Enos, you do not let a QB freaking coach finish out the season. It was dumb Pruitt did it himself as a DC. Get your butt to your actual job.
Yeah, that's kinda how I'm looking at it. It's not like we're hiring a head coach here.

I’m more inclined to believe that Pruitt is dead set on promoting friend and all the backlash from the board is not wanting another position coach promotion after what happened 2 years ago and especially not wanting to pay $1mil + to a position coach who led the worst group on the team this past season.

that Pruitt already has his guy? I mean after-all, he's in Memphis today recruiting. Bailey committed and Maurer said he isn't supposed to say anything and he knows and was reassured when Pruitt visited him last week.

You can see Lausanne (Eric Gray) from the top of the Crescent Club (Jimmy Sexton's office building)....

Reactions: RollerVol

Now how on earth is that supposed to help promote a proper panic and frenzy? Jeez.

Reactions: Vol Main

VN Store

Back