If Pruitt hires Friend

You can't make someone come to work for you. I want a great OC but at the very lest I would like to know the truth about who was offered. Did we try for a homerun? Something we never got in the coaching search.

Freind and Propst? Wow Propst is dominate in HS? Man that definitely means he can call plays in college. Yeah that cleary is an ok hire right? Meanwhile, our rivals like UF, UGA and Bama, well they all have freaking high school play callers right? Jesus, I think some just want UT to continue to suck nuts. If we dont get a proven OC, its a failure. If its Friend and Propst then I hope Fulmer fires Pruitt.
Be careful. Hes well connected to coaches.....all of them.....and his recruiting prowless and keen eye for talent led to what he thought was an sec reciever that didnt get a D1 offer. But be quiet, I dont wanna get sued.

Interesting. What was "strike 1" to you?

First series of Vandy game to open the second half. At that point, the offense, especially JG, was enemic. We needed a spark in the passing game and with the bowl game on the line, we literally made zero adjustments or spark moves. While KC didn’t show he could get it done a full game vs Mizzou , he had some a few chunk plays. At that point in the game vs Vandy, JG seemed checked out. We were lucky Chandler pulled off the big run.

With a bowl game on the line, Pruitt didn’t try to pull all stops to get a spark going. Even if it was for a series or two, we needed to try to get something going.

We literally saw that with Butch for the past 5 years.... not interested in seeing it again.

Good for you. I'm gonna evaluate how I spend my leisure time and only spend it on things that bring me joy and happiness. Watching UT suck on the field for 3 1/2 hours inside a 106K seat stadium with a 100MM annual budget just ain't it.

But that's just me.
That’s fair

Reactions: amorange
Context isn’t your friend. Feel free to post the rest of my comment. Don’t be ignorant.
Your comment was trash. The person handing the ball of there was irrelevant. You knew nothing but claim to because of hindsight

Like I said, if its Propst then Pruitt can hit the road.

images

Aight then

I read a lot of posts...……….about wanting a FLASHY OC. What is the wide wide world of sports is that. And why does it have to be FLASHY??

8f59369882756dda0d3eca70708ac6bd--marshall-university-.jpg

Your comment was trash. The person handing the ball of there was irrelevant. You knew nothing but claim to because of hindsight

Once again, outside of that one play, our offense was showing nothing. And right before halftime with that ball just thrown up, JG was checked out or still rattled from the concussion. A switch needed to be made, EVEN IF FOR 1-2 SERIES, to generate a spark in the passing game.

Literally all the great coaches will do this. It is okay for a qb to have an off game.....

With a bowl game on the line and an anemic offense, Pruitt made zero adjustments at halftime..... That is unacceptable.

Freind and Propst? Wow Propst is dominate in HS? Man that definitely means he can call plays in college. Yeah that cleary is an ok hire right? Meanwhile, our rivals like UF, UGA and Bama, well they all have freaking high school play callers right? Jesus, I think some just want UT to continue to suck nuts. If we dont get a proven OC, its a failure. If its Friend and Propst then I hope Fulmer fires Pruitt.
Pruitt wants Probst on the staff, he is an excellent coach and I have no idea how he would turn out. He's outgrown the HS game by dominating in 2 areas where it's hard to dominate, looks ready. Like I said the NegaVols are gonna roast anyone other than Freeze.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Mike Leach would have been a good hire. We’d be bowling if we’d hired him.
Yeah but that would make UT football exciting again and god knows the coaches here do not want that!...They want that boring run the ball up the middle with no o-line on 3rd and 11 style of football...Working like heck and stuff.

Anyone who says Rush Probst isn't a good coach is crazy or doesn't watch or read about any other football. He would certainly be an interesting choice and I for one would be good with it. I'm not on the Freeze or bust train there's plenty of good coaches out there that don't have the recruiting violations and other baggage, but I will say watching Freeze do what he does with offenses here would be great, I just hope they haven't already messed it up

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back