Philip Fulmer needs to be careful here and Pruitt

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
They are probably working together on looking for the best fit on the oc’s job, but at some point here Fulmer or someone is going to have to make a statement. I know Fulmer loves the program, but I wonder with the fan base in a melt down right now, I feel the pressure for them is getting a little out of control, and they may be feeling overwhelmed. Is it just us overlooking things, or has the media got us in a frenzy again? Look, we have some great recruits coming in, and that worries me a little over this oc’s search right now, especially with all of the talk about our boosters. I don’t want to believe any media guys tweeting like they have in the last 24 hours, but if I was in the athletic dept., I think I would make that statement as soon as tomorrow morning about our current situation to clear up all of these bad rumors, before it really gets out of hand.

They are probably working together on looking for the best fit on the oc’s job, but at some point here Fulmer or someone is going to have to make a statement. I know Fulmer loves the program, but I wonder with the fan base in a melt down right now, I feel the pressure for them is getting a little out of control, and they may be feeling overwhelmed. Is it just us overlooking things, or has the media got us in a frenzy again? Look, we have some great recruits coming in, and that worries me a little over this oc’s search right now, especially with all of the talk about our boosters. I don’t want to believe any media guys tweeting like they have in the last 24 hours, but if I was in the athletic dept., I think I would make that statement as soon as tomorrow morning about our current situation to clear up all of these bad rumors, before it really gets out of hand.
My opinion only:
1) The media doesnt have us in a frenzy. We stay in a constant state of frenzy and coaching searches only seem to amplify that frenzy.
2) I differ on whether or not they owe us or should give us a statement or update. They are doing their job the way they see fit and will make this hire that way. I believe they have their message to the recruits and the people who matter under control. Their statement was when PF and JP got hired. They said they were going to fix the football program. While I may have my opinion on this hire, my view equals jack squat.

I know its hard to do, but relax and let it play out. If Tennessee pulls a Tennessee, well then you can decide to vote with your donation or not.

Most Tennessee fans probably didn’t think twice about the OC opening today.

My opinion only:
1) The media doesnt have us in a frenzy. We stay in a constant state of frenzy and coaching searches only seem to amplify that frenzy.
2) I differ on whether or not they owe us or should give us a statement or update. They are doing their job the way they see fit and will make this hire that way. I believe they have their message to the recruits and the people who matter under control. Their statement was when PF and JP got hired. They said they were going to fix the football program. While I may have my opinion on this hire, my view equals jack squat.

I know its hard to do, but relax and let it play out. If Tennessee pulls a Tennessee, well then you can decide to vote with your donation or not.
I hope your right, but it just seems out of control right now.

Yeah Fulmer is probably so flustered while in New York for an event.... and I doubt Pruitt ever looks at the internet lol so I doubt he gives a flying f.

Any chance we'll ever get to a point where Vol Nation doesn't go in to melt down? I see so many 'rumors' here accepted as truth. Yes, we offered Freeze and he really really wants us. But that darn admin won't allow us to hire him.

In actuality, we don't know whats going on. Just rumors. I for one am not going to 'guess' at the inner workings and then damn them based on my guess. Instead, let it play out. Pruitt is our coach and he's got quite the experienced guy for help in Fulmer.

I hope your right, but it just seems out of control right now.

Like Chief said; the inner workings of our program are on the shoulders of the AD and the head football coach. It's really not up to us to micromanage what hires they make and personnel decisions. If our fan base always got their way, they still wouldn't be happy . Half the people twisting over Freeze probably wouldn't be able to pick his mugshot in a lineup.

I don’t think it seems out of control. Fulmer and Pruitt set the timetable for the OC hire. I bet lots of good candidates are interested. They need to do their due diligence and just get it right on this hire. A hasty hire to appease the media’s timing will leave us with a bad offense again. Just get it right, Pruitt.

Like Chief said; the inner workings of our program are on the shoulders of the AD and the head football coach. It's really not up to us to micromanage what hires they make and personnel decisions. If our fan base always got their way, they still wouldn't be happy . Half the people twisting over Freeze probably wouldn't be able to pick his mugshot in a lineup.
Was she a great big fat person?

Weird things happen at night.

Is "great" the most over used word in the English language?

I think it’s “literally.” Which also happens to be the most misused word. You didn’t literally die. There was not literally a million people there. I am (probably) not literally the worst person ever.

You really think Fulmer and Pruitt are the main ones behind this OC hire? I mean lol. If you havent figured it out by now then you need a reality check. The OC will be Friend or some other lackluster bum. Its TN OD. The powers that be do not care about winning. They havent since 2008. It is what it is.

I think it’s “literally.” Which also happens to be the most misused word. You didn’t literally die. There was not literally a million people there. I am (probably) not literally the worst person ever.
So are we bringing in literally great recruits? Lol

VN Store

Back