game is in Knoxville

TV: SECN+ (ONLINE)

you can stream the game here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

vs. Stetson

the Lady Vols are ranked 9th in the AP Top 25 poll

Stetson is unranked

should steam roll em .yea I know,don't say stuff like that :) hopefully the back up players get a lot of playing time

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:

😀😎15 - 0 last year. Hmmmm

Can more guards/wings get to the rim and or hit the 5- 10 ft pull up jumper?

Defense, Rebounding and good Guard play win Championships.

1 of 3 underfeated teams.

Why schedule a game like this? Sure win? Play some bench players? Warm up scrimmage? I suppose there is a reason.

Lets use a game like this to try another lineup
KK at point
London as the SG
Harris as the SF
Jazz at PF
and
Meme at C

Stetson is a really really really bad basketball team.

Would like to know how much money Stetson is getting paid to play at Tennessee and at Texas back to back.

Last edited:

Would like to know how much Stetson is getting paid to play at Tennessee and at Texas back to back.

Thank You that`s what i said in another post Stetson is a awful team.

Would like to know how much Stetson is getting paid to play at Tennessee and at Texas back to back.

7 of our 10 available players are underclassman, almost every team schedules a lighter OOC schedule when your roster looks like that. Can't schedule a bunch of ranked teams where you're going to have to ride your starters for 38 minutes. You risk injury to one of your better players and you don't get to see what the freshman are made of in live game situations because most of them wont play more than 8-10 minutes in short spurts against better competition early in the year.

Not saying it is the right decision necessarily, but I would say our younger players' confidence is comparatively better than that of the freshman and sophomores from SC who got their butts handed to them by both Maryland and Baylor, at home no less. The next 2 weeks will separate the wheat from the chaff for a lot of teams in the country, including us against Texas and Stanford.

Baylor scheduled very light the last two years for the same reason as well, they had a bunch of young guards.

7 of our 10 available players are underclassman, almost every team schedules a lighter OOC schedule when your roster looks like that. Can't schedule a bunch of ranked teams where you're going to have to ride your starters for 38 minutes. You risk injury to one of your better players and you don't get to see what the freshman are made of in live game situations because most of them wont play more than 8-10 minutes in short spurts against better competition early in the year.

Not saying it is the right decision necessarily, but I would say our younger players confidence is comparatively better than that of the freshman and sophomores from SC who got their butts handed to them by both Maryland and Baylor, at home no less. The next 2 weeks will separate the wheat from the chaff for a lot of teams in the country, including us against Texas and Stanford.

Baylor scheduled very light the last two years for the same reason as well, they had a bunch of young guards.

I didn't mean to seem critical of UT scheduling the game. All teams schedule those light weights.

I would really like to know, though, just how much money Stetson is getting paid by both UTs to play them.

Reactions: VolBall09
Stetson has some bigs 6'4" and 6'3" girls need to get some practice in taking it to the rim against tall players. I figure we'll force them into over 20 turnovers. Bama who has been playing terrible lately beat them by 12.

Stetson has some bigs 6'4" and 6'3" girls need to get some practice in taking it to the rim against tall players. I figure we'll force them into over 20 turnovers. Bama who has been playing terrible lately beat them by 12.

Watched them the other day, the 6'3" Austrian girl Sagerer can play a little bit. The game I saw was her first back from a year off after an injury, her shot was kind of all over the place. But very mobile at 6'3", plays inside and out and can shoot the three or take it to the rim, just had a hard time finishing shots the other night. Should be a good challenge defensively for whoever draws her, I would suspect Davis will guard her, really hope to see us defend without fouling.

Slow start defensively. Don’t look like they’re awake yet. Meme with the two fouls, both of them poor decisions. Either step over all the way and take the charge, or let her shoot the layup. Then trying to block the shot when all she needs to do it get to the spot and stay straight up. They. Will. Not. Score. OVER. Us. Impossible for their guards to do so.

VN Store

Back