The Regular Official Lady Vol basketball Thread.

I went back to last night game and looked at the box score. What hurt Oklahoma State and bad is they had two starters play 53 mins and got only 3 pts between the two of them. You can`t have that and expect to beat a top team. I would say the same thing for our lady vols. Case and point when Westbrook and Jackson did not score many pts last year vs the top teams we lost. As for Jackson i think when Holly subs out Jackson Rae should be the first off the bench. Zay and Rae can play together and it will give you more scoring. Also it will not hurt you on the glass because Rae can rebound.

I agree with this, hoping Rae will settle in a little, she is still pretty jittery and she's a bit of a turnover machine with her happy feet. You can't fault her hustle though, she had 5 boards in 9 minutes off the bench, pretty good for a smaller, young player. If she can put some muscle on next year over the summer she is going to be a match-up nightmare at the 3 for other teams.

Jackson's shot wasn't there (I felt they did a good job defending her though, making her take contested shots), but she contributed in other ways, played very good defense last night. Zaay Green is a baller, and should be in the line-up, I really liked the way this group started the game. With the quicker line-up we were able to get some easy buckets off our defense right away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat4life
Everyone should be offensive minded and brave enough shoot when good shots are available. Hope Harris improves in this area. She is much improved on defense.

Reactions: Pat4life and lvocd
Everyone should be offensive minded and brave enough shoot when good shots are available. Hope Harris improves in this area. She is much improved on defense.

Agreed. I have gone from feeling like Harris may simply have been too far behind everyone else to ever get much of a chance to ever leave the bench, but I agree that she is much improved and am happy she kept working hard and improving enough to have gotten some playing time. There's still time for the light bulb to go on for Kamara.

Reactions: sisaq and Pat4life
I agree with this, hoping Rae with settle in a little, she is still pretty jittery and she's a bit of a turnover machine with her happy feet. You can't fault her hustle though, she had 5 boards in 9 minutes off the bench, pretty good for a smaller, young player. If she can put some muscle on next year over the summer she is going to be a match-up nightmare at the 3 for other teams.

Jackson's shot wasn't there (I felt they did a good job defending her though, making her take contested shots), but she contributed in other ways, played very good defense last night. Zaay Green is a baller, and should be in the line-up, I really liked the way this group started the game. With the quicker line-up we were able to get some easy buckets off our defense right away.

I agree with you on Rae her turnovers are not from bad passes nerves and playing to fast sometimes. it`s was kind of funny the fs1 commentators said she should have been a 5 star and pretty much was overlooked. As for Zay is the real deal.

Reactions: Pat4life
Bracketology with Charlie Creme

Currently have us as a 3 seed in their first Bracketology, which I agree with. Biggest surprise for me was seeing Miss State as a 2 seed. I do not think Louisville is a better team than they are. Also surprised Louisville is ranked higher than State currently. I honestly believe if they played tomorrow Miss State would win by 15 just based on watching both teams play a few times, State would smash Louisville on the glass and they have very quick guards to defend the perimeter of Louisville.

Also surprised they have Oregon State as a two seed, I think they are a very good team and have great guard play, but they would need to finish at least second in the PAC 12 (regular season and tournament) to be a 2 seed and I don't see that happening. Ditto for Oregon being a 1 seed, I think they have to win the PAC 12 regular season and tournament championship and I don't see Stanford letting that happen. Both Oregon State and Oregon play at Stanford, the odds of Stanford dropping two back-to-back PAC-12 games at home is pretty slim, Tara is still the coach to beat in the West. Stanford split the series with Oregon last year, Oregon returned essentially the same team and Stanford is much improved even with the loss to Gonzaga. They're defensive problems will be corrected by PAC-12 play if history holds true.

If I were picking my #1 seeds at this time would be: Notre Dame, UCONN, Maryland (I think they run the BIG 10 again this season), and Mississippi State.

Wont make too much of a comment but Cal as a #3 seed makes me laugh. Their coach must be a great polliticker because they're highly touted early every year, but the wheels fall off in conference play, they're a 6 seed at best.

Last edited:
Tennessee 7 and 0 vs. Texas 7 and 1 Massey projects Texas to win 74 to 66. To me it depends on which defensive teams shows up and whether KK can play or not. She is a wide body that really clears room inside for Davis and Green. If she can play I expect our offense to be a lot better. They have a point guard that can hound Westbrooks and we may see her guard her full court trying to makes some picks. I don't see them as being better than Tennessee but Tennessee has to play not go through the motions and getting way behind. We don't want a slow start and can't get down double digits.

Texas Starting Lineup

Sug Sutton 5"8"
Jatarie White 6'4"
Danni Williams 5'10"
Audrey Warren 5'9"
Jada Underwood 6'0"

Tennessee Starting Lineup

MeMe Jackson 5'10"
Zaay Green 6'0"
Cheridine Green 6'3"
Rennia Davis 6'2"
Evina Westbrooks 5'10"

2018-19 Women's Basketball Roster - University of Texas Athletics

Bracketology with Charlie Creme

Currently have us as a 3 seed in their first Bracketology, which I agree with. Biggest surprise for me was seeing Miss State as a 2 seed. I do not think Louisville is a better team than they are. Also surprised Louisville is ranked higher than State currently. I honestly believe if they played tomorrow Miss State would win by 15 just based on watching both teams play a few times, State would smash Louisville on the glass and they have very quick guards to defend the perimeter of Louisville.

Also surprised they have Oregon State as a two seed, I think they are a very good team and have great guard play, but they would need to finish at least second in the PAC 12 (regular season and tournament) to be a 2 seed and I don't see that happening. Ditto for Oregon being a 1 seed, I think they have to win the PAC 12 regular season and tournament championship and I don't see Stanford letting that happen. Both Oregon State and Oregon play at Stanford, the odds of Stanford dropping two back-to-back PAC-12 games at home is pretty slim, Tara is still the coach to beat in the West. Stanford split the series with Oregon last year, Oregon returned essentially the same team and Stanford is much improved even with the loss to Gonzaga. They're defensive problems will be corrected by PAC-12 play if history holds true.

If I were picking my #1 seeds at this time would be: Notre Dame, UCONN, Maryland (I think they run the BIG 10 again this season), and Mississippi State.

Wont make too much of a comment but Cal as a #3 seed makes me laugh. Their coach must be a great polliticker because they're highly touted early every year, but the wheels fall off in conference play, they're a 6 seed at best.
We came awfully close to moving to about a ten seed last night. A loss would have been brutal to our ranking and our seed. Texas at least is a game where if we win were moving up and if we lose were not moving anywhere.

Checking out the Lady Vols this season they have been very slow starters both on offense and defense.
Teams is scoring 38.7 a game is the first half and allowing 30.6
Second half were scoring 41 a game and allowing 23.6
The second half is when we've been playing with intensity need to find that for the entire game.

Efficiency Ratings for Tennessee Lady Vol players through first 8 games. EFF is determined by pts+rebounds+assists+steals+blocks-missed FG-missed Ft-turnovers divided by per 40 minutes played.

Rennia Davis 26.5
Evina Westbrook 22.6
KK 19.7
Me Me Jackson 18.5
C. Green 17.4
R. Burrell 12.7
Z. Green 12.1
M Collins 10.9
J. Massengill 7.0
K. Harris 5.3

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Tennessee vs Stanford Tuesday December 18, 2018 Massey is making Stanford a 3.5 favorite lists score as Stanford 74 Tennessee 71. Massey has listed us as the underdog in two games we have won Oklahoma State and Texas before this one.

Stanford Starting lineup 2018-19 Women's Basketball Roster - Stanford University Athletics

Alanna Smith 6'4"
Kiana Williams 5'8"
Dijonai Carrington 5'11"
Lacie Hull 6'1"
Nadia Fingall 6'3"

Top Subs

Maya Dodson 6'3"
Shannon Coffee 6'5"

MeMe Jackson 5'10"
Evina Westbrooks 6'0"
Cheridine Green 6'3"
Rennia Davis 6'2"
Zaay Green 6'0"

Top Subs

KK 6'4"
Jasmine Massengill 6'0"
Mimi Collins 6'3"
Rae Burrell 6'1"

Stanford 48 percent from the field as a team and 40 percent from the three point line. Smith hitting 50 percent from the three, K. Williams 43 percent, Hull 40 percent. Tennessee's key to victory it to stop the three point game. They have four players that shoot it very well. They only hit 2 of 15 from the three last year we need another performance like that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Undercovervol
Finally watched every team in the SEC a couple times and with the league getting ready to start here is my projection on the win lost numbers by each team in SEC play.

Miss. St 16 and 0
Tennessee 14 and 2
Kentucky 11 and 5
Auburn 11 and 5
South Carolina 9 and 7
Arkansas 8 and 8
LSU 8 and 8
Texas A&M 8 and 8
Georgia 8 and 8
Missouri 7 and 9
Alabama 7 and 9
Vandy 2 and 14
Miss 2 and 14
Florida 1 and 15

I might give us a shot at Miss St if we played them at home the game we play them is on the road so don't expect to win that one. SC has the unfortunate schedule that they play Miss St twice. Miss St on the road Auburn, Miss, Florida, South Carolina, LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M, and Arkansas. Only teams with shots at the upset are Auburn, SC, and Texas A&M. They want lose any of the home games unless we come up with a great game and beat them. Picking Auburn to finish ahead of SC because they have the easier SEC schedule.

I am expecting us to sweep at home vs Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, LSU, Florida, Auburn, SC, and Vandy. On the road we have Miss St., Auburn, Georgia, Missouri, Texas A&M, Miss, Vandy, Alabama. I'm thinking we go 6 and 2 could be better or worse. We just need to take the home games and win 6 of the road games for a certain top 2 finish.

Right now the Massey Ranking of SEC teams are:

Miss St. 3
Tennessee 11
Kentucky 14
South Carolina 33
Texas A&M 34
Missouri 39
Auburn 47
LSU 65
Arkansas 70
Georgia 77
Alabama 120
Vanderbilt 130
Mississippi 170
Florida 174

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Finally watched every team in the SEC a couple times and with the league getting ready to start here is my projection on the win lost numbers by each team in SEC play.

Miss. St 16 and 0
Tennessee 14 and 2
Kentucky 11 and 5
Auburn 11 and 5
South Carolina 9 and 7
Arkansas 8 and 8
LSU 8 and 8
Texas A&M 8 and 8
Georgia 8 and 8
Missouri 7 and 9
Alabama 7 and 9
Vandy 2 and 14
Miss 2 and 14
Florida 1 and 15

I might give us a shot at Miss St if we played them at home the game we play them is on the road so don't expect to win that one. SC has the unfortunate schedule that they play Miss St twice. Miss St on the road Auburn, Miss, Florida, South Carolina, LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M, and Arkansas. Only teams with shots at the upset are Auburn, SC, and Texas A&M. They want lose any of the home games unless we come up with a great game and beat them. Picking Auburn to finish ahead of SC because they have the easier SEC schedule.

I am expecting us to sweep at home vs Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, LSU, Florida, Auburn, SC, and Vandy. On the road we have Miss St., Auburn, Georgia, Missouri, Texas A&M, Miss, Vandy, Alabama. I'm thinking we go 6 and 2 could be better or worse. We just need to take the home games and win 6 of the road games for a certain top 2 finish.

Right now the Massey Ranking of SEC teams are:

Miss St. 3
Tennessee 11
Kentucky 14
South Carolina 33
Texas A&M 34
Missouri 39
Auburn 47
LSU 65
Arkansas 70
Georgia 77
Alabama 120
Vanderbilt 130
Mississippi 170
Florida 174
I believe tonight's games will go a long way in determining who is the best SEC team. Both UT and Miss St face tough opponents in Stanford and Oregon.

Reactions: VolBall09
I believe tonight's games will go a long way in determining who is the best SEC team. Both UT and Miss St face tough opponents in Stanford and Oregon.
We will not get by MS and I am not sure that KY jelly will not beat us. Georgia will be tough as well as SC. We are capable of losing any night as well as capable of winning many nights! JMHO as always!

I wouldn't write SC off yet. They lost to 3 top 10 teams and Drake hovering in and out of the rankings. And they do have some talent. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished in the top 3.

I do think it's MSST and then everyone else for SEC championship.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Tennessee Lady Vols 8 and 1 versus ETSU 2 and 12. Massy makes us a 29 point favorite which I think is a little low but we'll see how we play this game. They project the score to be Tennessee 89 ETSU 61 but I honestly think that we could get a 100 in this game as the offense has been terrific in scoring points.

ETSU Starting Lineup Women's Basketball | Roster | Official Site of East Tennessee State Athletics

Micah SCheetz 5'8"
Raven Deen 6'1"
Kaia Upton 5'6"
Erica Haynes Overton 5'5"
Anajae Stephney 6'2"

MeMe Jackson 5'10"
Evina Westbrook 6'0"
Cheridine Green 6'3"
Rennia Davis 6'2"
Zaay Green 6'0"

This should be an easy win what you hope to see is a lot of intensity and defensive effort by Tennessee instead of uninspired play. Probably not a game where you will improve much defensively because of weak competition but certainly one that you can win big and play with a lot of effort.

Our per game efficiency is 92.66 ETSU is at 62.85 so by this we would be a 30 point favorite in this game.

Last edited:
Tennessee Lady Vols 8 and 1 versus ETSU 2 and 12. Massy makes us a 29 point favorite which I think is a little low but we'll see how we play this game. They project the score to be Tennessee 89 ETSU 61 but I honestly think that we could get a 100 in this game as the offense has been terrific in scoring points.

ETSU Starting Lineup Women's Basketball | Roster | Official Site of East Tennessee State Athletics

Micah SCheetz 5'8"
Raven Deen 6'1"
Kaia Upton 5'6"
Erica Haynes Overton 5'5"
Anajae Stephney 6'2"

MeMe Jackson 5'10"
Evina Westbrook 6'0"
Cheridine Green 6'3"
Rennia Davis 6'2"
Zaay Green 6'0"

This should be an easy win what you hope to see is a lot of intensity and defensive effort by Tennessee instead of uninspired play. Probably not a game where you will improve much defensively because of weak competition but certainly one that you can win big and play with a lot of effort.

We started the season with 7 cupcakes played 2 ranked teams in between now 2 more cupcakes back to back.

We started the season with 7 cupcakes played 2 ranked teams in between now 2 more cupcakes back to back.
Actually three ETSU, Murray State, and Belmont then SEC. We should be 11 and 1 going in. 16 conference games hopefully no worse than 12 and 4 hoping for 14 and 2. Notre Dame we'll lose they are improving with every game they play. So right now no worse than 23 and 6 should be our record going into SEC tourney play. I am still hoping for 25 and 4 but some freshmen players and KK must step up and play better than they have for that to happen.

Actually three ETSU, Murray State, and Belmont then SEC. We should be 11 and 1 going in. 16 conference games hopefully no worse than 12 and 4 hoping for 14 and 2. Notre Dame we'll lose they are improving with every game they play. So right now no worse than 23 and 6 should be our record going into SEC tourney play. I am still hoping for 25 and 4 but some freshmen players and KK must step up and play better than they have for that to happen.

I forgot about Murray State also to me Holly needs to do a better job with substitutions you can`t ride the staring five other then Westbrook . When the other players are not playing well taking bad shots not rebounding they need to sit.

VN Store

Back