Vols Ranking-College Football News!!

Some of you guys are just negative for no reason. Here are some facts from our season:

• we didn't lose to a team that isn't going to a bowl all year and our closest margin against the non-bowl teams was 11 points
  • we went 2-3 against ranked teams, with 2 of those losses to Alabama and Georgia... arguably the two best teams this year
  • we were blown out by some mediocre teams in Florida, Missouri, and Vanderbilt
With that resume, I would say we should probably be around #40-50.

Some of you guys are just negative for no reason. Here are some facts from our season:

• we didn't lose to a team that isn't going to a bowl all year and our closest margin against the non-bowl teams was 11 points
  • we went 2-3 against ranked teams, with 2 of those losses to Alabama and Georgia... arguably the two best teams this year

Without the three cupcake games on our schedule, we win three maybe four this past year. That sir is not top 50 football.

You're right. Strength of schedule doesn't matter. Honestly, let's just crown UCF and skip the playoffs.

We would not have won anymore than we won this year with UCF schedule. It's okay, you can admit that we are a terrible football team right now. It's not that hard to do.

75 sucks; justify it, ridicule it, it sucks hard in a bad way. Why does the new Texas Tech coach brazenly promise that he expects to win now while with TN it's always a gradual process no matter who gets hired?
Matt Wells is a good football coach. Utah State has never been really great but he has slowly turned that program around. However, the Big 12 has a track meet every Saturday at every stadium. There's only a couple teams in the conference that play defense. He is in for a wake up call in the new job. He pushes defense. Hope he can get enough kids to buy in.....

I love my Vols with every fiber of my being, but this ranking is just ridiculous.

It obviously places a premium on strength of schedule. So if Tennessee were in the Big10 West, ACC Coastal, PAC12 South, or a Group of Five Conference, we probably would have 3-4 more victories. Wow, I didn't realize how bad the PAC12 South was this year.

The only team I would question in that rating is Georgia Tech being so high.

5-7

6 losses by 25+ points

Plenty of reason to be negative.

VN Store

Back