E. Westbrook - Best PG in TN Lady Vol History?

utkCREW

We shall see when her college resume has been completed and she moves on to the WNBA, but I’ve watched the Lady Vols way back to Michelle Marcineak(sp).

She is such a poised player.

Think about point guards tho...ones that are combo scorers AND floor leaders...

It’s been a real lacking position imo in Lady Vols history.

Evina was AMAZING today. So, yeah, if she plays like she did today from here on out, it'd be a no-brainer to put her in the mix for the best ever PG at Tennessee.

Watching her today did my heart good, I'll tell ya that!

Think about point guards tho...ones that are combo scorers AND floor leaders...

It’s been a real lacking position imo in Lady Vols history.

Wasn’t Kara Lawson a point guard? She was one of the best scorers and leaders. Also, I think Semeka Randall was a point guard for at least one year. She was also excellent, but played mostly as shooting guard.

We shall see when her college resume has been completed and she moves on to the WNBA, but I’ve watched the Lady Vols way back to Michelle Marcineak(sp).

She is such a poised player.
No. Not yet. The potential is there though.

Can’t forget about Shannon Bobbit. Nobody played with more heart and she kept a defense honest from three. Plus she was just flat fun to watch. Only juco transfer I can ever remember making such a huge impact.

I love Bobbit.. Guard I never seen with ball handler.

I love Evina but its way too early. I see why you’d put this up. I wouldn’t be surprised though if she ends up being at the top or near the top of the list.

•Kellie Jolly!
•Dena Head
•Kara Lawson
•Ace Clement
We're missing somebody--can't think of her name right now. She played right before Lawson. Shana ................

Reactions: feathersax
We're missing somebody--can't think of her name right now. She played right before Lawson. Shana ................

Wow I remember her just being a kind of one dimensional player and she really really improved her handle and being able to shoot off the dribble. She was good. I’d probably take Massengale, Bobbit over her. You Guys just make me want to go back to memory lane of the old lady vol ballers.

That's the one. She was POY her senior year in high school. I'm thinking she set some then three point records at UT. She could bomb from outside.

Yep. Could hit 3s anywhere like w/no problem. She was really good on FT.... set the record like 99-100 FT.
Won a lot of UT games just at the FT line.

Wow I remember her just being a kind of one dimensional player and she really really improved her handle and being able to shoot off the dribble. She was good. I’d probably take Massengale, Bobbit over her. You Guys just make me want to go back to memory lane of the old lady vol ballers.

We've had many of our share of great PGs that it's hard just to pick one. All were good at their time.

Zolman is from Indiana. She graduated from UT in 2006. She actually got drafted to the WNBA and played 4 seasons before retiring due to injuries. Her career avg . in the WNBA. is 8 ppg and 40% from 3pt.

Last edited:
I remember her rocking a green Arm band during her junior or senior years.
The other 3 points slinger at that time was Brittany Jackson. She would light it up!

VN Store

Back