'19 FL CB Travis Jay

Been following him around thread by thread and wondering the same; asked the same. He isn't responding. Hope he didn't take me asking for being slanderous and ignore me, cause he isn't responding. I just want to know his credibility.

Sorry I hadnt seen any of that yet.

I posted here years ago as MrBamSeydu. Left the board about 5 years ago. Never going to give out specific sources (not necessary) but I know roughly 2 dozen HS coaches in TN/GA and a few of those are ex Vols. Not all are head coaches. I know some regional and local Rivals guys and an ex VQ guy very well. I’ve been in the same recruiting group text for about 7 years. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten info from that group text over the years... probably 40-50 verified in hindsight including coaching changes, hirings, commitments, AJ Johnson stuff... everything. Some stuff I hear the same way a few other posters on here do. I’d say we probably share at least partially the same circles.

Last edited:
Reactions: DD4ME and AaronUT
So Rivals mods and/or TN high school coaches told you that Brown is likely to get a git shirt because of a '20 recruit that could just as likely commit to uga or alabama as us?

Reactions: KokoBVol
Yeah its kind of odd that a guy comes out of nowhere and is not only posting about so many recruits intentions, but also which players the team will give git shirts too and the order of doing so. He's suggesting he knows about things that are impossible to know IMO.

And suggesting Brown would be one of the firsts is odd because the guy is the prototypical TE that Pruitt seeks, and our TE room needs an overhaul. Suggesting we'd can him because of a '20 kid that all indications is more interested in UA and UGA than us at the moment is comical.

We don’t need 2 TEs in this class. We want 2 TEs in this class. We need other things much much more immediately, so it’ll be a numbers deal depending on how some things shake out. Brown would not contribute in year 1. Probably wouldn’t do much in year 2 either. If you have the needs that we do, you have to take best available. Lowe is above Brown on our board. He’s not going anywhere. If we think Arik Gilbert is very attainable (and we arguably lead with Bailey on board now) there’s no reason to take Brown when he’d be at best our 3rd TE in 3 years and at worst he gets put on defense as a 3rd stringer. We need 2 deep players at just about every spot who can contribute immediately. Brown doesn’t fall in that category.

Last edited:
So Rivals mods and/or TN high school coaches told you that Brown is likely to get a git shirt because of a '20 recruit that could just as likely commit to uga or alabama as us?

I’m not getting into who told me what. Just watch...

I’m saying that Brown is in bottom 3-4 right now on our commitment list. That’s where the cutting block is if we are able to close with the type of haul we could be closing on. Just makes sense THIS year. If Brown signs with us it just means we missed on a few big names. You take guys like Marshall, Norton, Bogle, Wright, Watson, Nolan Smith etc if they want in. You don’t hold Brown a spot and look those dudes in the face and 🤷🏻‍♂️ sorry. Not gonna happen. That said... I hope Brown isn’t in the class because it only means we snagged several big timers.

I appreciate your detective work but at the end of the day... just watch and see then judge what I’ve said.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dudley Smith
We don’t need 2 TEs in this class. We want 2 TEs in this class. We need other things much much more immediately, so it’ll be a numbers deal depending on how some things shake out. Brown would not contribute in year 1. Probably wouldn’t do much in year 2 either. If you have the needs that we do, you have to take best available. Lowe is above Brown on our board. He’s not going anywhere. If we think Arik Gilbert is very attainable there’s no reason to take Brown when he’d be at best our 3rd TE in 3 years when we need 2 deep players at just about every spot.
That is your opinion. My opinion is that we only have 1 legit TE on the roster and we NEED 2 TE's in this class.

We don’t need 2 TEs in this class. We want 2 TEs in this class. We need other things much much more immediately, so it’ll be a numbers deal depending on how some things shake out. Brown would not contribute in year 1. Probably wouldn’t do much in year 2 either. If you have the needs that we do, you have to take best available. Lowe is above Brown on our board. He’s not going anywhere. If we think Arik Gilbert is very attainable there’s no reason to take Brown when he’d be at best our 3rd TE in 3 years when we need 2 deep players at just about every spot.

Reactions: KokoBVol
That is your opinion. My opinion is that we only have 1 legit TE on the roster and we NEED 2 TE's in this class.

I don’t think it’s an opinion. We have more pressing needs than having 6 TEs on the roster. You say we only have 1 legit TE, which is mostly true. But bringing in Brown does zero to alter that. If you think it does... I can’t help ya. He’d be redshirted. Lowe is our top TE commit. I also think Wolf will gain more weight and be serviceable.

DL, OL and DB are far more necessary right now.

Last edited:
Watson won't come here shouldn't show play
That almost triggered me but then I remembered that you literally have no info to base that opinion on. So ignorant to make declaratives on subjects that you see are in the dark about. I mean Watson doesn't "appear" to be coming to UT. But what we know to draw that conclusion from is certainly not top secret Intel.

No it’s a fact. We have more pressing needs. Many of them. DT, OL and DB are far more necessary right now.

We certainly do have pressing needs. But it's not realistic to think that every one of the higher profile players we're in on will pan out as "Day 1 starters." The Jimmy's and Joe's are crucial to success next season but we also need program guys. For instance as you've suggested, Brown wouldn't be in play till potentially year 3 but what's to guarantee even if we were to sign all the high profile guys that they would still be here in three years i.e. transfer, injury, etc. Talent certainly wins out especially in this conference but if we somehow under achieve record wise, what's to guarantee that high profile guys will continue to listen to the same pitch from the staff?

And we don't need 2 TE's this class, but let's discuss

CJP knows we need to TE's this class. He wanted two last year. Signed DWA in December and still put a full court press on Greg Beal until NSD. Accepted commits from Jackson and Brown early, and has recruited them the entire time.

CJP knows we need to TE's this class. He wanted two last year. Signed DWA in December and still put a full court press on Greg Beal until NSD. Accepted commits from Jackson and Brown early, and has recruited them the entire time.

That is a very good point... But let me ask you this.. Brown vs. OL/DL? tbh I really like his game and all points in prior post fully support him being in this class.. but this numbers crunch late couped with some of the names that continue to emerge just makes you wonder

That is a very good point... But let me ask you this.. Brown vs. OL/DL? tbh I really like his game and all points in prior post fully support him being in this class.. but this numbers crunch late couped with some of the names that continue to emerge just makes you wonder

It isn't Brown vs OL/DL. Both are needs. We currently have 5 OL (DW included) and 5 DL committed. If Norton/Eboigbe come, you trade out Clemons. Cox is also unlikely to be in the class. If Marshall/Pappoe/HT want in, you shed Lakia Henry.

We're not getting everyone who is flirting with us now. There will be a numbers crunch, but we're taking Brown and Jackson.

It isn't Brown vs OL/DL. Both are needs. We currently have 5 OL (DW included) and 5 DL committed. If Norton/Eboigbe come, you trade out Clemons. Cox is also unlikely to be in the class. If Marshall/Pappoe/HT want in, you shed Lakia Henry.

We're not getting everyone who is flirting with us now. There will be a numbers crunch, but we're taking Brown and Jackson.

Agreed. There is some wiggle room at that position in the event we get lucky enough to land someone of Smith's potential. Cox is intriguing with him waiting until Feb. but if we somehow strike out with some he may end up in this class. Magic #.. 27? two blue shirts

Reactions: EdEcEko77
These TE's are the type CJP wants and as such they are an extra OL in the running game a lot of the time.

Reactions: EdEcEko77

GA TE Sean Brown ★★★
65 245lbs
247 Composite: 3 Star (.8635)
Committed: 5/11/2018

HoleInTheRoof... Defender of middling 3-star tight ends...

giphy.gif

I think what Bam is saying is if we can get a difference-maker vs a decent TE prospect, especially when you have a pretty solid pipeline built at the best-TE-to-come-out-of-high-school-since-OJ-Howard's high school... it makes more sense to get the difference-maker and have a cap casualty

Quit attacking the messenger, please. From what I've seen, all of his info so far has made sense other than Watson being in... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 10nacvols
Glen Beal was a similarly rated "middling" three star. Yet Pruitt made him a priority last year and tried like hell to get him. In case you've not paid attention, Pruitt doesn't give a **** about ratings. My point stands: we need two TE's, and smart money says we're signing both Jackson and Brown. I guarantee Pruitt isn't assuming Arik is coming here, just because we have Bailey and Keyton from his school. That would be beyond idiotic.

Also, seeing through this guys act and questioning him on it is not attacking him.

Glen Beal was a similarly rated "middling" three star. Yet Pruitt made him a priority last year and tried like hell to get him. In case you've not paid attention, Pruitt doesn't give a **** about ratings. My point stands: we need two TE's, and smart money says we're signing both Jackson and Brown. I guarantee Pruitt isn't assuming Arik is coming here, just because we have Bailey and Keyton from his school. That would be beyond idiotic.

Also, seeing through this guys act and questioning him on it is not attacking him.

Glenn Beal
World-ender that we missed out on redshirting that freshman :rolleyes:

We've got DWA right now and we barely use him...

There's nothing "beyond idiotic" about recruiting friends and peers of a prospect and increasing your chance of landing said prospect...

... and you can point to the countless 2-3* guys that are NFL HoFers all you want... the fact is that HoF is made of 4-5* guys with a few that slipped through cracks due to underexposure, never getting the shot in HS, college, etc... you're much more likely to get a better player the higher you go up those rankings... there are WAY more 4-5* home-run guys than 2-3* ones...

I'm not gonna argue about our positional needs (which I don't view TE as one of the big ones for us atm, but that's beside the point and just how *I* feel)... Right now we need all the positions... it's BPA... you go get the best athletes you can get and 2-3 years down the line we can start targetting "positions of need"

Calm down mister... here's a tiny giraffe

giphy.gif

Reactions: MoB_MoVols

VN Store

Back