UAB.....HUH? Same old Holley

Just what is it you Nega's want us to do? Do you want us to rant and whine that the team is not winning games by 100 points? It seems that the only posts acceptable to you are those that slam the coaches. So lets say we do start behaving shamelessly and without class. Will you be happy then? Is it about us just shutting the hell up so the only voice on this forum is those of the Nega's or do you have some other master plan that will result in you getting what you want? Basically I am sick and tired of hearing about people not getting the Nega message or not understanding the REALITY of the situation. We do completely understand and hear you loud and clear. It's just that we don't give a rats behind about you or your views about not liking Holly or the coaches or the players. Is that a message you can clearly understand? Do you understand the reality of that message?

The reality of the situation is we are not playing upto our player's potential, not taking into consideration the present team. That is not negative that is a fact. There is either a player issue or a coaching issue. Later, on during last year's season, our offense became pedestrian once defenses packed in on Russell and we could not come up with an answer. To add to this problem, we had problems defending the paint as teams starting beating us on the dribble drive. You can fool yourself and say things are going well, however, you are only fooling yourself. I do not expect Holly to become the next Pat Summitt, however, when we are recruiting as well as any of the top ten teams, it reaches a point that you should be playing like it. There comes a point when you have to realistically ask yourself, is it expecting too much to see top ten recruits play like top ten recruits? It may be the players, however, it is doubtful that we have recruited a bunch of D1 rejects. If you look at our play for the last three years, we are going down not up.

I wonder why people seem to expect something different each year, to start the season. Let's put this one to bed. As long as Holly is the coach, Lady Vol basketball will suffer. You could give her the top players at each position each year and she couldn't make them better. I know there are a lot of people still in Holly's ship, and that's cool. Just know the ship is sinking!!!

Oops...too late!

Reactions: Momto2 and sisaq
The truth about Holly hurt some ppl, they find any way to insult u when ever Holly is being mentioned in a wrong way.

I wonder why people seem to expect something different each year, to start the season. Let's put this one to bed. As long as Holly is the coach, Lady Vol basketball will suffer. You could give her the top players at each position each year and she couldn't make them better. I know there are a lot of people still in Holly's ship, and that's cool. Just know the ship is sinking!!!

Oops...too late!

Funny how some ppl tired to compared how long it took pat or Geno to get to final 4 and justify it with Holly. What they fail to understand is that Pat & Geno started from the top of a 400 meters race while Holly was asked to start at 200 meters. So, imagine that Holly were asked to run a 400 meters race but asked to start it at 200, wouldn't that be fair for her to catch up the race?

Funny how some ppl tired to compared how long it took pat or Geno to get to final 4 and justify it with Holly. What they fail to understand is that Pat & Geno started from the top of a 400 meters race while Holly was asked to start at 200 meters. So, imagine that Holly were asked to run a 400 meters race but asked to start it at 200, wouldn't that be fair for her to catch up the race?

It's all clear to me now

Reactions: Ladyvol777

It’s funny you say that because she came to UT on a track scholarship 😂 and switched over to basketball. I am fairly certain she ran the 400 meters (which could have been the 440y back then).

Well I know what they say about opinions... but must confess do not know what they say about options.....

This is what I mean..... Kids make decisions about where to attend school for different reasons..... When I was applying to school.... I was a social creature and wanted a school with good football program so could bask in Saturday culture and everything associated with it.... academics? not as important to me.... for another person it was very different i am sure.....

As a recruited athlete to Tennessee, to the WCBB program, I can see someone being attracted to the history, the vaunted Pat Summit era, the banners in TBA, the chance to play in front of a great fan base.... national TV, etc....

But I do not see a high caliber recruit salivating to play for Holly.... I am sorry for my opinion and to the many loyal followers of Holly.

The 11-12 season she filled in for Pat, and 12-13, 13-14, 14-15, 15-16, 16-17, 17-18, 18-19 starting out with an overtime game vs. University of Alabama - BIRMINGHAM.... not to mention the 4 straight losses to THE Univ of Alabama.... they are good in football.... but not women's basketball.... come on.... where is the program going?

I think I am seeing it all clearly, but many are 180 degrees against my view... and it is oK for all of us I hope the season goes well
Dude, I can't consider you knowledgeable, when you have no idea who Pat Summitt is. There is no reason to ever act like you know anything about our basketball history, our gym floor, a statue on campus, and think there was ever anyone named " Summit" i suggest you go to a game, look really hard at the court, realise how foolish you are about everything involving Lady Vols! The name of the court is The Summitt, the name of the greatest coach ever is also Summitt, there is also a statue...with Summitt on it.

Oops...too late!

200w.gif

Please lay off the sauce.

I enjoy reading and posting on this board, but the thing that I really dislike about it is how easily posters throw the word "hate" around. That word has become overused, and is almost always MISused here.

Yes, I often read posts about Holly, her staff or her players that express someone's disagreement, disappointment, disillusionment, sadness and resignation regarding the program today, but in all these years I have never, ever thought any of those posts were coming from a place of "hate."

IMO, it weakens the case of those who believe that Holly is doing a great job when their main tactic in every disussion with so-called "nega-vols" is to accuse them of hating Holly just because they don't think she is as skilled a head coach as those being accused of hating her think the program deserves.

Noone hates Holly. She's simply not the type of person anyone could ever hate.

Dude, I can't consider you knowledgeable, when you have no idea who Pat Summitt is. There is no reason to ever act like you know anything about our basketball history, our gym floor, a statue on campus, and think there was ever anyone named " Summit" i suggest you go to a game, look really hard at the court, realise how foolish you are about everything involving Lady Vols! The name of the court is The Summitt, the name of the greatest coach ever is also Summitt, there is also a statue...with Summitt on it.

I have a deep knowledge base of WCBB, going back to the Immaculata and Old Dominion days.... know more about Pat Summit than 99.99 percent of all fans.... and yes, have strong opinions.... many of which I do not share.... but if i get schooled by you with support of others.... I shall withdraw and consider your belief the standard. I fully support YOUR support of everything in which you fervently believe. You obviously have great passion and I admire that.

Holly will have no less than three seasons, this being her second. Really, she will prolly has as long as she wants if the former Lady Vols don't make a fuss or complain in the media.

And the next coach will be a Lady Vol and every coach after that, and they will all be women. Pat Summitt Legacy! Women in Leadership.

Our program will be unique unlike any other, keeping Pat's Lady Vols brand and legacy alive with a woman and Lady Vol at it it's helm. Who's not better to lead, if not a Lady Vol.

I am a Lady Vols Lover.
I am a PHS lover.

I back Pat and roll with Holly.

So y'all wish. Y'all can pray but those loyal to Summitt and the Lady Vols will donate and support and she will be a coach as long as the Lady Vols wants her to be the coach.

And to me anybody not supporting Holly are not Holly haters, but PHS haters. Ijs Lady Vol haters.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back