'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

5320725101faa2a452f15df6_alright-alright-alright1.gif

As far as ranking goes, Guarantano was as highly regarded as this guy, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Harrison Bailey continue to climb in the rankings. Other than Gurantano you’d have to go back to Crompton to find a guy as highly rated I believe. Not sure how highly rated Casey Clausen was coming out of high school, but maybe him as well? Biggest thing for us is getting a guy of his caliber who is bought into the program and will peer recruit skill position players for 2020.

Composite rankings (scout, espn, rivals since 247 wasn't around for most of these guys):

Clausen (2000 and the last #1 class UT had) was a 5* and a top-25 player in the nation

James Banks (2002) was a 5*

Erik Ainge (2004) was a low 4*

Crompton (2005) was a high 4*

Bray (2010) was a high 4*

Dobbs (2013) was a low-mid 4*

JG (2016) was a high 4*

Bailey will, with some good showings at summer camps, likely end up a 5* and possibly our highest ranked QB signing since Bray and possibly Clausen.

SIAP

“Bailey is one of those prospects that emerged very early, so I have had my eye on him since middle school. He has really progressed well over the last couple of years. He has always had a great frame and a good arm, but he has taken the steps each year to put himself in position to be one of top pro-style quarterbacks in the 2020 class.

Throwing the deep ball is one of his biggest strengths. He throws with great touch and he throws a very catchable ball. The area he has improved the most over the past year is his mobility. He is not a quarterback that will scare defenses with his feet, but he showed this season that he can get outside the pocket and buy some time for his receivers to get open. That is really important with defenses getting faster each year.

Overall, Bailey is a quarterback with size and a good arm. He processes things well, he has improved his consistency in the accuracy department, he is a natural leader and he keeps a cool head in the spotlight.”

-Chad Simmons

He apologized in advance. 🤣 Gotta start marking these!

OK, "F".

As far as ranking goes, Guarantano was as highly regarded as this guy, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Harrison Bailey continue to climb in the rankings. Other than Gurantano you’d have to go back to Crompton to find a guy as highly rated I believe. Not sure how highly rated Casey Clausen was coming out of high school, but maybe him as well? Biggest thing for us is getting a guy of his caliber who is bought into the program and will peer recruit skill position players for 2020.

247 shows Clausen at .9896

Casey Clausen, Kansas City, Pro-Style Quarterback

VN Store

Back