Report: Top two candidates for OC are Lindsay and Eli Drinkwitz (Football Scoop)

Question, what number of top 15 finishes in how many years makes it historical. I saw Top 10 Ranked thrown around a week or so ago and I call BS on that. I don't even think historically we are a Top 15 ranked team. Top 20 or 25 maybe. As far as a PROGRAM ranking, I think we are still Top 10 as a program/place to be.
Uhh we are a top ten team/program historically. Idc what you say about how long weve been irrelevant. History is still history and it’s been 10 years removed from the end of the glory days

CJP is a brand new HC. Should we be concerned about the personal dynamics if he were to hire a seasoned former HC as a subordinate?

Reactions: Jax_Vol
They're useful to evaluate the those stats in a better context. On a per possession basis and discounted for garbage time and weighted based on the quality of the opponent. Putting up big numbers against terrible defenses in the MWC is great especially when you can lay them on in garbage time. But that's not very relavent to the SEC. Now the ACC is a different story. And I've noted that they've had a very good offense. How much of that is because they have an NFL QB or is because they have a great OC?
Good question, can you answer it?

Where oh where did I mention instant NCs. What I did mention is that this is a Top 15 program historically and yet we are hiring like a freaking also ran. And all this love for guys who MIGHT become good is seriously pathetic when proven guys can be had with the proper incentive.

So go ahead and woohoo whomever they trot out there like I'm certain you did when Dooley, Butch and Pruitt were hired and keep being happy that you can afford tickets to the game.

And tickets are going to be plentiful on the strip and outisde the stadium for the foreseeable future if these longshot hires continue.
It is your over reaction that I am referencing. At no point has anyone gushed and dropped to their knees swearing eternal fealty. There are just statements/observations that the resume as presented looks pretty decent. Most are trying to discuss the topic positive or negative in a logical manner. Then there are those who just want to rant, whine or gripe over something not decided that they have absolutely no say in or control over.

Reactions: butchna
Good question, can you answer it?
Both maybe. I don’t know. Maybe he’s an above average OC but good at developing QBs? 1 year at BSU and only having coached Finley at NC State doesn’t give a lot of indication. Finley got better after his first year and has remained about the same this as he was last. So I think I lean towards the former

It is your over reaction that I am referencing. At no point has anyone gushed and dropped to their knees swearing eternal fealty. There are just statements/observations that the resume as presented looks pretty decent. Most are trying to discuss the topic positive or negative in a logical manner. Then there are those who just want to rant, whine or gripe over something not decided that they have absolutely no say in or control over.

His resume, if hired, is a testament to where this program is currently. And that is not a good place for a once proud program

N.C. State Total Offense rank and stats according to ESPN.

Rank 50
Yards: 5001, YDS/G: 455, Pass: 3511, P-YDS/G: 319.2, Rush: 1480, R-YDS/G: 135.5, PTS: 369, PTS/G: 33.5

Auburn was 92 and Tenn was 122 in all of FBS.
keep in mind the ACC sucks this year

I don't follow everything as closely as many others on this board, but I've never heard of either of those guys. I also had no idea who Derek Dooley or Butch Jones was either, so there's that.

Seriously what do we have to lose by hiring Freeze? How much worse could it get? Vandy just beat us three years in a row. We need a proven recruiter and proven play caller. Do it. Hire the man!

Question, what number of top 15 finishes in how many years makes it historical. I saw Top 10 Ranked thrown around a week or so ago and I call BS on that. I don't even think historically we are a Top 15 ranked team. Top 20 or 25 maybe. As far as a PROGRAM ranking, I think we are still Top 10 as a program/place to be.

There's a cool new thing called google you should look into. Because using it will prevent you making obviously incorrect statements like the one you just made.

By almost any measure you want to use UT is a Top 15 program.

So save yourself some embarrassment in the future and check out google.

In his system, it appears that the linemen don't have to hold their blocks for very long.

We got some guys who fit that system.
Any scenario where we fail to address and emphasize better play from this abysmal o-line is just criminal.

Always read the fine print

Other candidates could emerge as the search develops, and Pruitt could turn to an internal candidate should he not find the right match externally, sources said.

Reactions: Weezer
Tennessee can and will screw this up. If anybody has any confidence in Tennessee getting this right , has not been paying attention the last 10 years

I agree that the last decade has been a nightmare, but the people that were in charge during that time frame are gone. All of them are gone. I know you or someone will say that the boosters are still there and running the program but their puppets are gone too. I believe CPF is wanting to leave his final stamp on the AD and doesn’t need to bow down to any booster. Why would he need or want to do that? He isn’t looking for a job because he has the job he wants. He has job security for a while because a good portion of the fan base supports him and the university surely doesn’t want to risk another PR nightmare by bringing in another Hamilton, Hart or Curry. He doesn’t need the $$ either, so he has nothing to lose by trying to do things the right way. I’m not saying that he will be successful, I’m saying he has no reason not to be due to outside pressures. Sorry for the tl/dr. Just my 0.02 worth.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Hoping this is fake news. He needs to make a big hire. Too much at stake and too much money to pay some nobody after the inept playcalling last year.

Let me go out on a limb here. Butch had good offensive credentials during his pre-Head Coaching history. Maybe he would prosper as a O.C. since a H.C. apparently is too much for him.

I come on here for a little info and a whole lot of entertainment. I partake in conversation on occasion, interject a little sarcasm or humor here and there, while never taking this place too seriously.... What I would like to respond to your post with would get me permabanned. Lol....... BTW, Abingdon is an awesome little town, minus the politics. My apologies if you are the mayor or something.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back