Report: Top two candidates for OC are Lindsay and Eli Drinkwitz (Football Scoop)

There are some seriously delusional people on this site Exactly what part of this thread lead to believe that everyone no longer cares about the outcome of this team? I cannot understand what the “we have to be instant national champions or we are a bust” crowd expect to happen. I am a relatively old fan myself, and I have seen this team at the top and as a very mediocre team as well. I guess I just have a different perspective than some.

Where oh where did I mention instant NCs. What I did mention is that this is a Top 15 program historically and yet we are hiring like a freaking also ran. And all this love for guys who MIGHT become good is seriously pathetic when proven guys can be had with the proper incentive.

So go ahead and woohoo whomever they trot out there like I'm certain you did when Dooley, Butch and Pruitt were hired and keep being happy that you can afford tickets to the game.

And tickets are going to be plentiful on the strip and outisde the stadium for the foreseeable future if these longshot hires continue.

We’re at a critical point. Last year was a cluster and we rushed. This year we have a chance to begin staff upgrades and the time to bring this thing back to life. Either we walk out of the cave like Lazarus or it’s Weekend at Bernie’s 3.

Yeah we’re going to die. And you’ll still be here until you bite it. 😴

Where oh where did I mention instant NCs. What I did mention is that this is a Top 15 program historically and yet we are hiring like a freaking also ran. And all this love for guys who MIGHT become good is seriously pathetic when proven guys can be had with the proper incentive.

So go ahead and woohoo whomever they trot out there like I'm certain you did when Dooley, Butch and Pruitt were hired and keep being happy that you can afford tickets to the game.

And tickets are going to be plentiful on the strip and outisde the stadium for the foreseeable future if these longshot hires continue.

Cool 😎

IF he’s hired and IF he’s mediocre we’ll have that conversation about huggin. IF he kicks azz then we’re going to need you to open that mouth yourself. 😉

What in his resume screams (or even whispers) that we will be in Atlanta in the next 5 years with him at the helmet of the offense?

But go ahead celebrate mediocrity and dance a little jig. You're gonna have plenty of legroom in the stadium to do so if the hiring reaches continue.

What in his resume screams (or even whispers) that we will be in Atlanta in the next 5 years with him at the helmet of the offense?

But go ahead celebrate mediocrity and dance a little jig. You're gonna have plenty of legroom in the stadium to do so if the hiring reaches continue.

Guess the same one that Tom Herman printed out before his team beat the one that won in Atlanta. Iowa State was no NC State when Urban plucked him away...or Rice...or Texas State. Try out another boring crutch phrase...”embracing mediocrity” makes you sound like a street preacher. 🤪

Reactions: Behr
Yeah we’re going to die. And you’ll still be here until you bite it. 😴

Tennessee football is dead already. We’re just propping up the corpse right now.

giphy.gif

There’s always more to the story before you flip to the final page. Hey, I understand you not being jazzed or impressed but the net result will determine the gain. Pruitt hires a guy who does the job well and I give a shizz what the name on his paycheck reads.
I agree. Stats have limitations. But since I’m not watching Boise state and Arkansas State games I have to rely on something. Nc state is my second favorite team. I’ve watched a lot of their games. They have an excellent offense. What stands out to me is their offensive playmakers especially Finley. He’s special

I agree. Stats have limitations. But since I’m not watching Boise state and Arkansas State games I have to rely on something. Nc state is my second favorite team. I’ve watched a lot of their games. They have an excellent offense. What stands out to me is their offensive playmakers especially Finley. He’s special

Fair enough. Resume discussion if the hire goes wrong for you.

Fortunately, they don’t. However, one of the most Tennessee things that could happen would be for us to hire Lindsey only to have AU hire Freeze.
Come on, next you'll suggest Auburn will hire our basketball coach.

Question, what number of top 15 finishes in how many years makes it historical. I saw Top 10 Ranked thrown around a week or so ago and I call BS on that. I don't even think historically we are a Top 15 ranked team. Top 20 or 25 maybe. As far as a PROGRAM ranking, I think we are still Top 10 as a program/place to be.

VN Store

Back