'19 GA TE Jackson Lowe (Tennessee signee)

If everyone is healthy your line next year would be closer to this:

LT Morris/Tatum
LG Smith/Carvin
C Kennedy/R Johnson
RG Hall/Lampley
RT J Johnson/Wright

If Smith canā€™t go, and I donā€™t think he will be able to, Carvin slots in as the starter, and Locklear, Lane and R Johnson back up. I think Richmond leaves.
Where's Richmond going?

Doesn't seem like anyone is expecting much from Lane or Antonutti next year.
I expect Lane will make progress as a C for this team. Just not fair to make every true FR the savior of the universe. Heā€™ll grow into the position when heā€™s ready. No need to rush with Kennedy and R Johnson still around.

And no more of this ā€œgrow up some TEs into OTsā€ crap. Lowe and Brown are the big TEs that Helton needs to push people around. Bama always has some 6ā€™ 6ā€ 270 pounder out there who never even gets targets. Helton does that, but then uses the TE to catch the play-action pass that I hear Vol Nation loves so much.

I expect Lane will make progress as a C for this team. Just not fair to make every true FR the savior of the universe. Heā€™ll grow into the position when heā€™s ready. No need to rush with Kennedy and R Johnson still around.

And no more of this ā€œgrow up some TEs into OTsā€ crap. Lowe and Brown are the big TEs that Helton needs to push people around. Bama always has some 6ā€™ 6ā€ 270 pounder out there who never even gets targets. Helton does that, but then uses the TE to catch the play-action pass that I hear Vol Nation loves so much.
you mean drop the easy completion as it bounces off of DWA's hands.

Currently Tennessee has two TE commitments, and one of them ā€“ Jackson Lowe ā€“ could be the key to allowing Bumpus to make that move to DL pending two important variables. For one, while Lowe has been to a bunch of Tennessee home games this season, heā€™s been getting quite a bit of pressure from Florida to visit the Gators officially and has also been receiving some interest from Alabama after a really nice senior season. Itā€™s easy to forget because he committed to the Vols back in March, but the 6ā€™5 235lb+ 4-star Lowe had legit offers from Clemson, UGA and Auburn when he committed. Heā€™s a really nice prospect at the position and arguably comes in as the most or second-most talented TE on the roster. Almost as important when it comes to the immediate issue of moving Bumphus to DL is the chance that Lowe might be able to enroll early and go through spring practice with the Vols. Thatā€™s unclear at the moment but is something heā€™s been working on. Should Lowe be able to enroll in January that would give the Vols six TEs on the roster ā€“ not counting Bumphus ā€“ and then 7 when fellow 2018 commitment Sean Brown enrolls in the summer.

Jackson Lowe a potential 2-for-1 signee (and other Monday recruiting notes)

VN Store

Back