*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Yep! It’s like a kid at Christmas hoping for that shiny new bike and waking up to a package of tube socks, you know the ones with the stripes on top. Be prepared for the tube socks folks.
Since it is the holiday season, it is that Red Ryder BB gun.

Reactions: Bret178
So, there was huge contingent that wanted Tee as HC. What are thoughts now that he’s not had a stellar year at USC?

funny-cake-fails-expectations-reality-fb8.png

1. If Ala. doesn't have enough pull to hire Freeze, UT certainly can't.
2. I don't think another Ala. asst. coach would be accepted by the fan base.
3. Please don't promote from within (ala Larry Scot),

Can we lure Randy Sanders back?

That's it Vol fans! I am tired of all this negativity and low expectations around here! When the going is tough the tough get going! Did Haslam quit when he ran a Hall of Fame football coach off! NO! He went out and got Kiffin! When Kiffin bolted after one year did Haslam quit, NO, he got Dooley! When Dooley stumbled, did Haslam quit, NO, he got us Lyle, one of the best darn trumpet players in high school history, and when Lyle developed Champions of Life and moved on, he tried to give us Schiano! Are we blind?

Wait a minute, never mind ...

I read this in my coach Pruitt voice. Lol.
1. If Ala. doesn't have enough pull to hire Freeze, UT certainly can't.
2. I don't think another Ala. asst. coach would be accepted by the fan base.
3. Please don't promote from within (ala Larry Scot),

Can we lure Randy Sanders back?

You made theee good points and then blew it.
He was horrible here previously as an OC. It amazes me the willingness of people to make the same mistakes over and over

Reactions: Fore
Would Lane Kiffin be interested in coming back to Tennessee and SEC to best down Saban? 😬

I don’t think it’ll be Will Friend because we need a QB coach, and what qualified QB coach could we hire without giving them OC duties?

If it isn’t Freeze or a current OC, it’ll be Enos. JMO.

These are former OC's Pruitt has coached with by year and by school. Of this list McElwain & Nussmeier are the only plausible candidates. Nussmeier is not widely regarded as an offensive juggernaut and UF's offenses with McElwain as HC were anemic at best.

2007 - Bama - Major Applewhite - HC Cougars

2008 & 2011 - Bama - Jim Mcelwain - WR Michigan

2012 - Bama - Doug Nussmeier - TE coach Dallas

2013 - FSU - Jimbo Fisher (lol not available)

2014 - UGA - Bobo - HC CSU

2015 - UGA - Brian Schottenheimer - OC Seattle Seahawks

2016 - Bama - Kiffin - HC FAU

2017 - Bama - Brian Daboll - OC Buffalo Bills

Chip Lindsey coached the Auburn offense up to the 96th best offense in the country.
The sarcasm is strong with this one BUT
Auburn’s problems do predate Lindsey... He’s probably better than our perception of him.

These are former OC's Pruitt has coached with by year and by school. Of this list McElwain & Nussmeier are the only plausible candidates. Nussmeier is not widely regarded as an offensive juggernaut and UF's offenses with McElwain as HC were anemic at best.

2007 - Bama - Major Applewhite - HC Cougars

2008 & 2011 - Bama - Jim Mcelwain - WR Michigan

2012 - Bama - Doug Nussmeier - TE coach Dallas

2013 - FSU - Jimbo Fisher (lol not available)

2014 - UGA - Bobo - HC CSU

2015 - UGA - Brian Schottenheimer - OC Seattle Seahawks

2016 - Bama - Kiffin - HC FAU

2017 - Bama - Brian Daboll - OC Buffalo Bills

We could do a lot worse than Nussmeier...

I think the OCs at both Pittsburgh and Syracuse are worth a look....

I don't see CJP hiring a guy who likes to sling it all over the field--he saw that crap from Lame Kitten.....

Reactions: DD4ME
That's it Vol fans! I am tired of all this negativity and low expectations around here! When the going is tough the tough get going! Did Haslam quit when he ran a Hall of Fame football coach off! NO! He went out and got Kiffin! When Kiffin bolted after one year did Haslam quit, NO, he got Dooley! When Dooley stumbled, did Haslam quit, NO, he got us Lyle, one of the best darn trumpet players in high school history, and when Lyle developed Champions of Life and moved on, he tried to give us Schiano! Are we blind?

Wait a minute, never mind ...

That's the spirit! Win one for the Haslem's!

VN Store

Back