Suggestions for freak

Yeah, I've gotten it a few times. It's a real PITA but I'm searching. Thanks for letting me know.

As always, try clearing your cache/cookies (I sound like I'm on auto-post on that lately, I know) as sometimes those things are cookie driven.

Yeah, I've gotten it a few times. It's a real PITA but I'm searching. Thanks for letting me know.

As always, try clearing your cache/cookies (I sound like I'm on auto-post on that lately, I know) as sometimes those things are cookie driven.

Come on man.
We’re the smart posters
Of course we cleared......
I’m pretty sure.......

Ok I’ll do it again just to be sure

I hate to be that guy - but just curious if the likes will ever be recovered. I'm still missing a significant portion of them.
@Freak Any progress?

Yes. To be honest, I've been trying to wait until the season is over here in a couple of weeks. I have to make an alternation to the database, which should be simple. However, if something goes wrong and I have to restore from backup, I don't want the board to be down during a game week.

Yes. To be honest, I've been trying to wait until the season is over here in a couple of weeks. I have to make an alternation to the database, which should be simple. However, if something goes wrong and I have to restore from backup, I don't want the board to be down during a game week.
Okay, sounds good. Good luck and I totally get it. I've restored many a database from a backup and it's not fun! And let's hope the season isn't over in a couple of weeks!!

Suggestion, unless it already exists and I'm not seeing it. . Refresh option after the last post in a thread, rather than refreshing the whole page and scrolling.

Suggestion, unless it already exists and I'm not seeing it. . Refresh option after the last post in a thread, rather than refreshing the whole page and scrolling.
you can hit ctrl-R on you keyboard (may be browser dependent, i'm not sure) or hit F5.

you can hit ctrl-R on you keyboard (may be browser dependent, i'm not sure) or hit F5.
giphy.gif

its not a big deal but one thing that bothers me is if you are typing a message and someone replies to the thread before you, your new post and theirs show up on the same page, even if where the post ends up is the next page. causes some duplication of reading, and resulting confusion trying to figure out what the other new posts are about. not sure if it can be fixed, is working as intended or whatever, but in high traffic threads its confusing.

Freak, I am aware of CTRL+R, F5, and a straight up refresh. Specifically, I am referring to mobile... of course I can refresh the page, but I have seen on other forums a refresh icon (round arrow) at the bottom of the thread that updates the page but retains your location within the thread. Would this be possible to implement? Would be very helpful / useful on high volume threads.

Freak, I am aware of CTRL+R, F5, and a straight up refresh. Specifically, I am referring to mobile... of course I can refresh the page, but I have seen on other forums a refresh icon (round arrow) at the bottom of the thread that updates the page but retains your location within the thread. Would this be possible to implement? Would be very helpful / useful on high volume threads.
Send me a message with example forums and I’ll take a look.

Sometimes when I open a thread it goes to first page instead of first new post.

Usually fixed by hitting jump to new, but any way to bypass that.

Sometimes when I open a thread it goes to first page instead of first new post.

Usually fixed by hitting jump to new, but any way to bypass that.
Shouldn’t ever happen unless you click the date/OP below the post. What device are you on?

iPhone 8. Latest update. I thought it was just old threads that I maybe hadn’t checked recently before you switched us over, but now it seems to be happening in some threads I frequent as well.

@Freak

What is the point of old threads if they get unbumped any time you comment in one? Seriously, I ran across a post from 2015 in a thread commenting on Pruitt eventually becoming a HC. I thought it oddly prophetic and said so. Then the post gets deleted? How is that offensive? Not trying to make unnecessary waves, but what am I missing?

VN Store

Back