Jalen Hurts

After wasting a whole season of not playing Keller I wouldn't blame them.
Did you watch Keller play? It was obvious he wasn’t as talented as Gaurantano, which is why he never got on the field unless JG was hurt. That’s usually how it goes in sports, you know your best players start and the less talented guys back them up.

Ain't no way Hurts would come here ... he would get broke in half running for his life behind our OL ...folks get ready we are so bad in the DL and OL that 2 recruiting classes are needed .. so right off 2019 and 2020 .. 2019 if we get the other 5 star tackle . 1st you have to hope he is not another Richmond .. and if he comes the 2 .. 5 star tackles will be true freshmen ... it be 2020 before they ready physically. Then we will be short center and guard and still be bad on OL cause CJP will still have his no coaching buddy. Will Friend still here
.. oh well may be Fulmer replacement will get lucky in a hire in 2021 ....

Hurts probably wants to make the combine in one piece. I’d say one in a million.
Righto. If the choices are TN or working out for nine months, the latter is an obvious preference. He would leave physically a shell of what he was on arrival. No, the line is not going to improve one iota next year.

Some of u guys dont know anything bout football..Jalen is a great football player..He would start right away..What the hell has JG don?..At least Jalen has a skill set..What skill set JG has?

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
I disagree. We have the tools offensively to be successful except the o line. If Pruitt is the teacher I think he is and we get Trey Smith back then we could have a bully of an offense. Hurts has been facing elite defenses (playing against bamas defense in practices as well as real SEC west defenses) for years so he can pick up blitzes and switch protections as needed.

People forget how incredibly strong he is. He does powerlifting in the off season and protects the ball very efficiently. I don’t think it happens but if we got him it would a huge get.

All we would need is the line to be better. That’s a big fix but if we get that then we could really have something.

Doesn’t matter what ya got at skill positions and/or QB, the OL makes or breaks an offense...period. We’re not there yet. Hurts is not the answer. He would help us somewhere but he’s not the missing piece that solves all problems. And, I’m pretty sure (as in 100% positive) all D1 football players powerlift or do some type of strength training all season. Why is he any different?

Why do we want a QB that can't pass?
Because that's been kind of our thing lately. I agree, we already have a guy that can do those things. But we will have to replace Chryst. It was a good 1-2 punch. No matter who was in there i felt fairly confident that the whole "Can't pass for ****" thing was covered and taken care of.

Reactions: allvol123
What are the chances of us getting Jalen Hurts next year?
None lol. He stays at Bama to graduate and of course Satan will really blow a gasket at the SEC commissioner if he tried to go to TN...I don’t see that happening so it’s only a pipe dream...

Good runner but he’s no better than JG as a passer.

Pass.
That's insane. I would take him in a heartbeat. He's an elite QB who has the misfortune of having to play behind what might be one of the greatest college QB's in a generation in Tua.

He would instantly improve the offense and be the starter the moment he arrived.

In saying all that, I can't see him coming here.

VN Store

Back