'19 NC ATH Khafre Brown

Was he injured or anything between JR and SR yr? His JR highlights he looks much more explosive but then again they used him differently to show off that speed more in screen game. SR yr seemed like they just told him to go deep.

Was he injured or anything between JR and SR yr? His JR highlights he looks much more explosive but then again they used him differently to show off that speed more in screen game. SR yr seemed like they just told him to go deep.
I agree, those junior year highlights were so explosive is why I fell in love with this kid's talent and speed. Looked like he played a lot of wildcat QB in his senior year, that's where I noticed he was bigger and more physical than his Junior year. Looks like he didn't lose any speed, but teams were definitely keying on him more. Time for him to commit, unless by some miracle, we have a chance at Pickens

Contenders: North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Michigan

Breakdown: North Carolina and Tennessee were the last two teams to host Brown and there is a good chance he ends up at one of those two schools. Brown's brother, Dyami, plays for the Tar Heels and there are plenty of other connections. On the other hand, Brown has made a lot of connections at Tennessee as well and the track program is a major draw as well.

Georgia was scheduled to host Brown for the Auburn game earlier this month but he didn't make the trip. He doesn't plan on signing until February so look for more visits to get scheduled in December and January.

-Friedman

wonder if anything is imminent here with Fedora being fired at UNC.

VQ guys have said he has wanted to commit for a while now. UT has been slow playing it in hopes of getting a Haselwood or Pickens. Alas that doesn’t look like it is happening so I would guess it is soon.

VQ guys have said he has wanted to commit for a while now. UT has been slow playing it in hopes of getting a Haselwood or Pickens. Alas that doesn’t look like it is happening so I would guess it is soon.

They've talked out of both sides of their mouth a couple times recently.

They've been saying for a while that if the staff was ready to take Khafre, he'd be a Vol. Khafre has been waiting for the green light.

But they've also recently started saying that it was first come first serve between Payton and Khafre - and during the podcast when the discussion was if the staff was slowplaying these two and thats why Payton chose MSU, they said no that it was first come first serve.

Personally, I think it's a numbers crunch. You don't want to say "yes" to either when you only have maybe 1 receiver spot left, then in the off chance a bigger fish wants in, you have to cut them. Looks bad and embarrasses the kid. So I'm thinking the staff wants to take another WR, but doesn't consider it a need. So if theres a crunch were several big time lineman or LB's want in, that we'd be happy taking only 1 receiver.

They've talked out of both sides of their mouth a couple times recently.

They've been saying for a while that if the staff was ready to take Khafre, he'd be a Vol. Khafre has been waiting for the green light.

But they've also recently started saying that it was first come first serve between Payton and Khafre - and during the podcast when the discussion was if the staff was slowplaying these two and thats why Payton chose MSU, they said no that it was first come first serve.

Personally, I think it's a numbers crunch. You don't want to say "yes" to either when you only have maybe 1 receiver spot left, then in the off chance a bigger fish wants in, you have to cut them. Looks bad and embarrasses the kid. So I'm thinking the staff wants to take another WR, but doesn't consider it a need. So if theres a crunch were several big time lineman or LB's want in, that we'd be happy taking only 1 receiver.

Actually I agree 100% with your assessment. If you get a chance to pick up a Haselwood or Pickens you can't say no. But in the end with all the glaring holes on this team WR is not a position of need in comparison to OL, DL, or LB. We don't have any GREAT receivers but we have serviceable guys. That same can't be said for the front 7 on defense or the disaster of an OL.

Butch would have just taken the 4* WR to get his *. That way a lot of uninformed people can say "Look at his recruiting rankings"

If he is as fast as they say he is, Tennessee would take his commitment right now if they could get it. Tennessee needs speed in the worse kind of way.
I just love the quote from Pruitt at the first of the year saying "speed was over rated" something to that effect. That showed me you better take things Pruitt says with a big grain of salt.

I just love the quote from Pruitt at the first of the year saying "speed was over rated" something to that effect. That showed me you better take things Pruitt says with a big grain of salt.

CJP didn’t realize how slow his boys were at that point. He got into spring practice and realized they didn’t just need to be bigger and strong, but fast too. He saw all these little guys and assumed they were fast BECAUSE WHO WOULDN’T. Then they weren’t. He knew he was screwed.

I still think if he'd sign in December they'd of already taken the commitment

I still think if he'd sign in December they'd of already taken the commitment

I definitely think a preference will be placed on kids willing to sign on early signing day. Especially if they are early enrollees. That way the staff can focus more on the 2020 class in January. This is a multi year rebuild.

VN Store

Back