'19 GA OLB Roman Harrison (Tennessee signee)

Roman Harrison and he is a great young man. Very impressive on the hoof. The strongest handshake I’ve had since Robert Nkemdiche. It’s 43 degrees down here and my hand actually hurt for a few seconds.

I am on the road all day today and tomorrow, but look for a full story on Harrison next week.

He was in Knoxville last weekend and loved it. Will be back for his OV December 14.

Visited GT earlier this fall, but says he does not plan to give them an OV.”

Simmons

strangely I like reading about his strong hands. With how many missed/broken tackles we have had this season I would like to see us get some players that can bring the ball carrier down.

strangely I like reading about his strong hands. With how many missed/broken tackles we have had this season I would like to see us get some players that can bring the ball carrier down.
Most definitely. And he hasn’t even filled out yet! Freak athlete. Who knows what Fitz can do with him.

Believe you’re thinking of Clemons. I don’t believe Harrison was bumped on rivals
Thinking that was Jahlil Clemons
Thanks, guys, that's what it was. Have to allow a little more time after waking up from a nap, it seems.

Looks like Clemons still shows 3 stars to go with his 5.9, on Rivals.

Reactions: xtremevolfan
Not rated
Three offers (GT, GA Southern, and FAU)
247 has him at 252. Rivals at 232.
No recruiting picture that I can find.

Just a reminder how this kid is proof positive that this staff knows how to identify talent. Went from no ratings to being a 91 four star on 247.

Peckerhead Rivals won't rank him higher because he didn't camp or play their politics.

Just a reminder how this kid is proof positive that this staff knows how to identify talent. Went from no ratings to being a 91 four star on 247.

Peckerhead Rivals won't rank him higher because he didn't camp or play their politics.
Seems like it would be more accurate to not rate him if they don't know, rather than giving an arbitrarily low rating. Undermines their reliability, which is what they are supposedly selling.

Seems like it would be more accurate to not rate him if they don't know, rather than giving an arbitrarily low rating. Undermines their reliability, which is what they are supposedly selling.

Initially, yes. But I think if their rankings are to be taken seriously, they have an obligation to review game film of a kid who has multiple D1 offers and is committed to a SEC school.

I agree. But it makes the kids who camp and who are rated seem better by comparison if they just make everyone who doesn't camp and commit to a D1 school a low three star.

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
"I think linebacker is my future at Tennessee," said Harrison. "They want me to stand up, rush the quarterback and play the outside linebacker position in their defense. I am a quick learner, so I do not think it will be much of a problem for me to make the change. "I will work hard and be able to handle it. I am looking forward to it."

Harrison is well put together and he has a great frame if the Vols want him to add weight. He could really project at numerous positions. He knows his future will play out and he is very comfortable with the staff he is set to play for in Knoxville. "I feel very comfortable with coach Pruitt, and a lot of the coaches really. With coach Pruitt, I feel I can really talk to him about anything and he will always hear me out. I worked with him at camp and he is an intense guy when he has to be, but he is calm most of the time. I like who he is and how the coaching staff works."

"The tradition and the people is what really got me with Tennessee," said Harrison. "They have a lot of history and their are some great people there. Everyone was nice to me, they treated me right and I felt good there. When I am there now, it is a great place and I really like the people."

"Coach Pruitt and the new coaching staff has improved the program a lot and the team is playing a lot better than it did last year. Coach Pruitt coaches every player, not just a certain group or position, and a lot of times, I think they helps with togetherness and development. "I see coach Pruitt getting his guys, building the program back up and I am excited about the future at Tennessee under coach Pruitt."

- Chad Simmons, Rivals

Next year starter.
And future defensive leader.

Him and Wanya Morris are the anchors for the turnaround imo

Might be asking a lot of a true freshman making a position switch. I could see him getting plenty of snaps though.

Edit: as soon as I hit submit post I thought to myself "well AT and BT were able to do it...." So who knows.

VN Store

Back