The QB Debate (Week 13)

He takes the ball after the snap then stands there like he has lots of time and gets clobbered over and over. I thought he was supposed to be a dual threat QB. Why doesn`t he run for at least 2 yards rather than taking a 10 yard loss. I know we have a porous OL but, you would think if he is a running QB, he could gain 2-3 yards rather than taking a loss.

By the way, our OC is driving me crazy with his predictable play calling.
Who tot you to spell??

Is it not awesome how good we arm stair quarterbacks see the rush and wide open receivers from our living rooms? How come he's still holding the ball instead of throwing ints? Geez.

Is it not awesome how good we arm stair quarterbacks see the rush and wide open receivers from our living rooms? How come he's still holding the ball instead of throwing ints? Geez.
Some of it has to do with being predictable. The rest is unreasonable.

Anyone see the Titans/Patriots game? If someone had seen Brady for the first time in that game would they have called him the "best QB ever"? He was getting pressured and losing his poise all through the game. He didn't look good at all. With JG's ability to throw accurate bombs down the field, I can see him being a GREAT QB if he got some protection. I don't understand why he gets so much criticism.

Probably because he is starting. It’s called second guessing.

Aibge broke this down Friday.

He doesn't hold the ball too long. There isn't much time to throw. When he has held thw ball it is because he is trying to make a play downfield. The hits and pressure have been due to missed assignments.
to THE AGENDA.....this info means nothing

He's going to be a top 5 returning QB in the SEC next year as a Jr and there is nobody else currently on our roster capable of leading a Sr laden offense next year. That and the team would revolt on CJP much like it did Jones when he chose the weaker Dormandy to start over JG last season. It might be different if there were SEC talent sitting on the bench ready to play but at this time there isn't. JG will start the next 2 years and I expect our next starter to come from the 2020 class.
😂😂😂

Reactions: Steven5198
Go back and watch the game again. The longer Chryst played the more Mizz filled up the box knowing that all they had to cover was 40 yards. You could watch the Mizz DBs, they were like vultures knowing every softball thrown by Chryst they had a chance to get on, go back and listen to the announcers, one who just happened to play QB in the NFL as both of them reference his lack of arm strength, listen to CJP talk about the pick, go watch his tape at Stanford of defenses doing the same thing to him there. Chryst was a made up savior by several in our fanbase when the facts just never backed it up. His armstrength has always been his drawback and after watching yesterday I do not agree with those that say his decision making skills are superior to JGs. The SEC possesses the strongest and fastest defenses in college football and those guys feast on weak QBs. That's been evident when we have played QBs named Worley, Dormandy and Chryst. You're just hanging on to the argument for other reasons it seems.
Stick to intramural basketball homie

My only knock on JG is that I wish he’d find a way to throw the ball away now and again.

Most of the time he HAS to eat it through no fault of his own, but there are times he could throw it away and keep up from getting in long down and distance situations.

I wonder if his mind set is that he is willing to take the hit for that last 10th of a second out of his 1 -2 for something to develop.. It's hard making lemonade with 2 lemons. lol

If Chryst is so much better at “reading defenses” than Guarantano explain one thing for me, why was the 19 on Chryst’s Back green instead of white by the 3rd quarter Saturday? Guarantano is a good qb, if he had a decent offensive line he would be an all sec qb.
I did not mentioned KC in the post. Focus and opinions were on JG.

He takes the ball after the snap then stands there like he has lots of time and gets clobbered over and over. I thought he was supposed to be a dual threat QB. Why doesn`t he run for at least 2 yards rather than taking a 10 yard loss. I know we have a porous OL but, you would think if he is a running QB, he could gain 2-3 yards rather than taking a loss.

By the way, our OC is driving me crazy with his predictable play calling.

Was JG the problem in this game or KC?

Now I know why JG is our starting QB.

Correct, and the guys on TOS that have the most access to the program have been saying that since the first day KC practiced at UT.

JG isn't perfect, but he has taken steps forward this season and he's the better option of the two of them. Is he the answer going forward? That remains to be seen but he will need to keep improving.

Reactions: V_O_L_S
He is too fixated on his #1 receiver and cannot see or feel the pressure.
Kc is no better at reading a defense than jg is. From what I saw on Saturday is that kc will get rid of the ball faster than jg will. On the drive where we scored a field goal there were two times where if kc would’ve went through his progressions instead of keying in on one receiver we would’ve scored a td. The first one was on the wheel route to chandler, if he would’ve just looked underneath he would’ve seen dwa wide open. A couple of plays later he missed dwa in the back of the end zone when he tried to run the ball for the td on third down. Both times he was wide open

Last edited:
Chryst sees the field better without a doubt and played well for a couple of series, but what happened after that. We stopped moving the ball, again. He did get the ball out faster and that is undoubtedly why we had the points that we did, but playing Chryst the whole game wouldn't change the result of the game. There were too many deficiencies elsewhere on the field. I think that we would be bowl eligible already if Chryst was the starter form game 1, but that would not have helped JG get any better. IMHO, better to have a couple of L's and let JG learn since he will be running the show next year. Otherwise, the rest of our team would have developed this year as they have and JG would be our weakness in 2019 when we are all looking for a breakout year. Nobody expected this year to he "the year" so I like playing JG and getting better as a team for next season.

VN Store

Back