Would you people relax??

VolFan..But

Pruitt took over a horrific program. One that will see Charlotte with as many or more draft picks. One that was in the dumpster since Lane ran off 45 kids. One that was 0-8 last year. He should finish 6-6 and 3-5 with this horrific talent. This Defensive line plays about every snap because there is no one else. The great Tennessee dlines rotated about 8 guys. He didn't break this thing but he will fix it. It will not be fixed in one or two years by anyone. It takes time to get the right kids in here and develop them. Saban inherited a better deal and was 6-6 his first year. Smart inherited a better deal then both of them and was 7-5. And neither played a top ten out of conference opponent. Things are seriously looking up but it takes time. Show some patience and less ignorance.

Uhhhh Im sorry but even though Pruitt took over the worst roster in Tennessee history & Helton is working with an offensive line that is smaller than most JV high school teams we should be undefeated. I played pee-wee football so I know everything about football ever and Pruitt should hire me.

giphy.gif

Pruitt took over a horrific program. One that will see Charlotte with as many or more draft picks. One that was in the dumpster since Lane ran off 45 kids. One that was 0-8 last year. He should finish 6-6 and 3-5 with this horrific talent. This Defensive line plays about every snap because there is no one else. The great Tennessee dlines rotated about 8 guys. He didn't break this thing but he will fix it. It will not be fixed in one or two years by anyone. It takes time to get the right kids in here and develop them. Saban inherited a better deal and was 6-6 his first year. Smart inherited a better deal then both of them and was 7-5. And neither played a top ten out of conference opponent. Things are seriously looking up but it takes time. Show some patience and less ignorance.

I think the issue with the people who aren't enthused with Pruitt is NOT because of what he has or has not done. I think it is because when Kiffin came, I immediately looked at him as a used car salesman. I thought he would win BUT I also thought that he was unethical. Others were excited about him because he stood up to Urban Crier and also to Spurrier. He also sold his coaching staff to all of us as the best around the S.E.C. Then when he left and he had chased off players and recruits, people were disappointed.

Then in comes Dooley. I think most of us quickly realized what we had in him as our coach. He did recruit fairly well, in the beginning, Hunter, Da Rick etc. etc. but he turned out to be what we thought he would be. We were told on this website
to accept him and give him a chance. We did! Then we lost, then won, then lost the LSU game due to 14 players on the field.
That was a classic Dooley game.

Now Butch comes along. He won at Central Michigan. He won at Cincinnati. He was also excited to be here. We gave him a chance and in the end we were disappointed.

So, most of us are taking the Wait & See approach. We got excited with the past three coaches and it all ended in disappointment. Few are taking that approach again.

It is a lot easier to just not care, but that’s probably impossible for most of us.

Pruitt will get time unless the program starts to lose money, the record doesn’t improve quickly enough, or some huge scandal comes out.

I think the issue with the people who aren't enthused with Pruitt is NOT because of what he has or has not done. I think it is because when Kiffin came, I immediately looked at him as a used car salesman. I thought he would win BUT I also thought that he was unethical. Others were excited about him because he stood up to Urban Crier and also to Spurrier. He also sold his coaching staff to all of us as the best around the S.E.C. Then when he left and he had chased off players and recruits, people were disappointed.

Then in comes Dooley. I think most of us quickly realized what we had in him as our coach. He did recruit fairly well, in the beginning, Hunter, Da Rick etc. etc. but he turned out to be what we thought he would be. We were told on this website
to accept him and give him a chance. We did! Then we lost, then won, then lost the LSU game due to 14 players on the field.
That was a classic Dooley game.

Now Butch comes along. He won at Central Michigan. He won at Cincinnati. He was also excited to be here. We gave him a chance and in the end we were disappointed.

So, most of us are taking the Wait & See approach. We got excited with the past three coaches and it all ended in disappointment. Few are taking that approach again.

This.

No offense to Pruitt but along with inheriting a bad situation, he inherited a fanbase that's been burned 3 times in the past decade. The last 3 got most of the fans to buy in Day 1 that they "were THE guy", and this time I believe most of the fanbase isn't going to make that declaration until we see some solid proof. That said proof is a bit subjective but the last guy had us at 9-4 after Year 3, so it probably will be tougher for him to win over the fanbase fully.

To hear it told on here by some, this current roster is to football what famine is to Africa.

They aren't good but why is it so hard to understand its OK to be disappointed in 25 point + losses to WVU, FL, Bama, UGA, and now Missouri?

To hear it told on here by some, this current roster is to football what famine is to Africa.

They aren't good but why is it so hard to understand its OK to be disappointed in 25 point + losses to WVU, FL, Bama, UGA, and now Missouri?

Ole how sweet it will be in years 3 and 4, be patience or go find another team.

Good luck w that common sense chit w this bunch of whiny bitches ...

AMEN, 100% right

The problem isn’t the record, it’s how we looked. Saban went 6-6 his first year but never lost by more than 1 possession. Smart only lost one game by more than 14 points. Pruitt has lost 5 by more than 25.

Pruitt’s scheme only works if we have Bama level starters and backups. Right now UA, UGA, & UT have around 20 commitments for 2019. UA has one 3*, UGA has three 3*s, UT has twelve 3*s. For comparison in his 2nd recruiting class Smart only signed five 3*s. Pruitt’s second recruiting class looks a lot like Butch’s second recruiting class. Guess he was a great recruiter at Alabama because the program sold itself.

VN Store

Back