Game Thread Lady Vols vs Florida A&M

Last edited:
Tennessee vs Florida A&M Sunday 11/18 2 PM est. Florida A&M is 0 and 1 losing their opener to Jacksonville State 62 to 31. They shot 19.6 percent for the game. They play North Florida Friday night before playing Tennessee.

Starting Lineup

Mye Moa 5'6"
Jasmine Ballew 5'11"
Tyra James 6'0"
Morgan Mitchell 5'2"
Dy Manee Royal 6'1"

Tennessee Starting Lineup

Me Me Jackson 5'10"
Evina Westbrooks 6'0"
Rennia Davis 6'2"
KK 6'4"
Cheridine Green 6'3"

Florida A&M Roster

Massey predicts Tennessee 91 Florida A&M 41 Not a challenging game hopefully we can show an interest in playing 100 percent for an entire 40 minutes. I suspect we score over 100 if that happens. Last game before the Junkanoo Jam where Tennessee will play Clemson on November 22. Other teams in the Jam are Eastern Kentucky, Florida State, Oklahoma. UAB, Iowa, and West Virginia.

I stole this from Volfan2012 in another thread :)

thanks GM...good stuff...the game appears to be an early stuffing treat for Smokey...:D

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had hoped this year one of the coaches would remember to teach Jackson what a "charge" was but nope, still doing it.

And do it again, Meme.
A charge simply means you are attempting to take it to the hoop.
One a game, go for it!

The charge on the fast break was stupid. Rae gave it up to shift the defender which happened. All Meme had to do was pass it back to Rae which she was expecting to happen, but no the selfish side showed up so no bucket with the charge on top. That is not smart basketball from the supposed leader of the team.

The charge on the fast break was stupid. Rae gave it up to shift the defender which happened. All Meme had to do was pass it back to Rae which she was expecting to happen, but no the selfish side showed up so no bucket with the charge on top. That is not smart basketball from the supposed leader of the team.

The other one could have been a pass to Davis on the base line following MeMe penetrating! It would have been an easy high pass to Davis going to the goal instead of dribbling into the defensive player? JMO

The other one could have been a pass to Davis on the base line following MeMe penetrating! It would have been an easy high pass to Davis going to the goal instead of dribbling into the defensive player? JMO

We should take this game and practice our half court defense and offense. Clearly we could dominate this team in transition and press.

Reactions: lvocd
I understand the need to ease in to the season and I’m glad we are winning, but why are we playing a team ranked 611 out of all d1 schools? How do we decide who to play on our out of conference schedule?

Reactions: cutiepie5
2nd set looks out of sync right now

This is where I wish we would piece in players not a whole sale sub. Like let Rae, Zaay, and Jaz play with the starters in half court sets. Sub one or two in at a time so when they have to get into a flow.

As I say that the commentator says they are playing them like that to cut down on starter minutes so they aren’t worn down as the season goes on. I can understand that!

VN Store

Back