Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the first Chryst int....

Facing a third-and-8 at Missouri's 28, backup quarterback Keller Chryst, in the game for injured starter Jarrett Guarantano, threw from the near hash to the far sideline for Marquez Callaway, but his pass was underthrown and intercepted by Missouri's DeMarkus Acy, who raced 76 yards down the sideline to set up a short touchdown pass from Drew Lock to Johnathon Johnson with 15 seconds left in the first half that gave the Tigers a 26-10 halftime lead.

“They faked an all-out blitz and instead of playing blitz coverage, I’m pretty sure they played middle-of-the-field man (coverage)," Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt said after his team's 50-17 loss. "I think earlier in the game he had hit Jauan (Jennings), maybe when they were playing press-man, just dropped it over in there to start one of the drives. It was just a poor throw. He just made a poor throw.
"He made a good decision where he was throwing the ball, just didn’t execute it.”

I
I understand that our offensive line will be back next year with another year of experience, but they are also not that great.....BUT we get those 2 five star OL recruits if they are almost as good as trey smith then we will be in good shape next year along the line. I would rather get good OL and DL players than skill players because we need to get 2-3 sacks a game and run the ball 190 yards a game.

Anyone know the status of the kid committed to Michigan?

I don't think Wright will be as much help as Wanya next year. He needs more refining IMO.

Reactions: Catbone
The entire season in next Saturday in that hell whole of a stadium. I will be there doing my Part to make this season a success. The line in the sand has always been making a bowl. Not making one is unacceptable.

Just win!!!!

Next year might be a win or 2 better (schedule mostly) but we will still struggle on both lines. The same turds on the OL return. Freshmen should be good but they’re still freshman. And we lose a lot on the DL.

2020 will be the year we make the biggest jump.

Reactions: IH8TheHaslams
I think we will see a decent amount of improvement on the lines. Probably more substantial on the OL. The OL is still running around and not hitting their assignments. By next fall everyone should know they’re jobs no matter what JG calls out st the LOS. They will be playing much faster.

I also think that all O and D linemen will be playing with much better technique and strength which should help mitigate much dropoff on the DL, maybe even lead to some improvement. However, I still think another big O/DL haul is crucial next year. Not enough SEC linemen on this roster.

Next year might be a win or 2 better (schedule mostly) but we will still struggle on both lines. The same turds on the OL return. Freshmen should be good but they’re still freshman. And we lose a lot on the DL.

I worry more about the DL than the OL next year. You'd think that with the amount of experience we return on the OL, a year of experience in the system, continued S&C development, and a good influx of talent from recruiting that we should be able to scrape together an average unit there.

On the DL, though, we return a couple role players and a bunch of guys who've been buried on the depth chart their entire careers. And I'm not sure we're bringing in any DL in the 2019 class who can be the equivalent of what Wright or Wanya can be for the OL.

Wow....calling the young men on that OLine "turds"....real big man right there.

We’ll find out how good a coach Will Friend is with next year’s team. Maybe he’s just had really good players. A good coach can scheme up running lanes and get you an extra blocker. Maybe the scheme side is on Helton though? I wouldn’t know

Yeah...we are still going to be getting our arses handed to us in the trenches against most good teams next year.

Next year Bama and UGA will have hands down better lines. Every other game will come down to individual game execution/injuries/schedule.

Hell you could do it this year, the scoring margins between Tennessee, Florida, Kentucky, and USC and all the games between don't show that any one team is that much better than the other

Anyone in this forum think Pruitt makes any changes to his staff whether we finish 5-7 or 6-6? I would think no way..... but if someone becomes available for whatever reason( ie some OC gets fired from a FBS team Pruitt is familiar with) then I would say maybe.

Vols better be ready to play next week! That game scares me if Vandy pulls thisnone out!
Me too. Those guys play very hard for Mason. What in the world is Ole Miss doing? They have these huge WRs that are NFL prospects and never throw to them.

Anyone in this forum think Pruitt makes any changes to his staff whether we finish 5-7 or 6-6? I would think no way..... but if someone becomes available for whatever reason( ie some OC gets fired from a FBS team Pruitt is familiar with) then I would say maybe.
My guess is after working with everyone for a season, he'll have a better handle on his coaching staff. I doubt there are any changes to the staff. But, I also think if he feels like someone hasn't been pulling their weight, they won't be here.

Me too. Those guys play very hard for Mason. What in the world is Ole Miss doing? They have these huge WRs that are NFL prospects and never throw to them.

They did on that last scoring drive. That one-handed TD grab was impressive.

In other news, Vandy gets credit for terrible-looking helmets.

He negotiated for a larger salary pool for his assistants, as well as 3yr contracts for most everyone. I think he wants to keep the staff in tact and see how they work once they have more of their guys in. I’m not expecting much change through next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back