The Regular Official Lady Vol basketball Thread.

Reactions: ksl415
We got the games to move up or down. I figure were gonna stay right around where we are now.

Just looking ahead we will be stacked in the backcourt. It’ll be interesting to see how the lineups, starters pan out. Westbrook, Massengil, Zay, then you bring in Horston. I just wish we landed some top 10 bigs. Definitely pleased with what I see from Collins thus far.

They won't believe in us until we can believe on ourselves.
But,
We are on the right track.
The proof will be consistency, after the cupcakes.
Our team has to grow through the season and peak at the right time.

I rather us being low ranked and work our way and crack the top 10 maybe even top 5.

Tennessee vs Florida A&M Sunday 11/18 2 PM est. Florida A&M is 0 and 1 losing their opener to Jacksonville State 62 to 31. They shot 19.6 percent for the game. They play North Florida Friday night before playing Tennessee.

Starting Lineup

Mye Moa 5'6"
Jasmine Ballew 5'11"
Tyra James 6'0"
Morgan Mitchell 5'2"
Dy Manee Royal 6'1"

Tennessee Starting Lineup

Me Me Jackson 5'10"
Evina Westbrooks 6'0"
Rennia Davis 6'2"
KK 6'4"
Cheridine Green 6'3"

Florida A&M Roster

Massey predicts Tennessee 91 Florida A&M 41 Not a challenging game hopefully we can show an interest in playing 100 percent for an entire 40 minutes. I suspect we score over 100 if that happens. Last game before the Junkanoo Jam where Tennessee will play Clemson on November 22. Other teams in the Jam are Eastern Kentucky, Florida State, Oklahoma. UAB, Iowa, and West Virginia.

Clemson
Tennessee

Oklahoma
UAB

Eastern Kentucky
Florida State

West Virginia
Iowa

Her shot is what worries me. I think she was blocked twice last night, and that team should not be able to block a 6’3” LV. Everything else about her is gold. Love the effort, hustle, you name it; she’s going to just get better and better.

Question: anyone have an update on Kam?

Reactions: Benionsopinion
[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

The last time we played UConn Parker, Bobbit, Hornbuckle. and Uconn killer Sid Spencer. Fabulous team and played under control with great poise. UConn series starts again hopefully we will be able to compete.

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

The last time we played UConn Parker, Bobbit, Hornbuckle. and Uconn killer Sid Spencer. Fabulous team and played under control with great poise. UConn series starts again hopefully we will be able to compete.

We have a couple of things in our favor when we meet UConn next year.
We will have a team of mostly sophomores and juniors. They will have a team comprised of mostly freshmen and sophomores (I think they'll have 1 senior and 1 junior that will see substantial minutes).
We will have more big bodies that we'll be able to rotate. Unless they get some late recruits this year, they will be thin up front.
Unfortunately, the first game is on their home court. That's a big factor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyvol777
[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

I just watch the game again and Tennessee sure missed a lot of shots.

They did but pulled it out. Great game. One of the most memorable UConn Tennessee Games I’ve personally seen (on TV lol)
Was the game when Gwen Jackson went off, This was right after Catchings went out with a knee injury and was out for the year. Talk about an upset, the girls brought their game.

here’s the sit to the game. Sorry idk how to post a link. Great game. Must see.

They did but pulled it out. Great game. One of the most memorable UConn Tennessee Games I’ve personally seen (on TV lol)
Was the game when Gwen Jackson went off, This was right after Catchings went out with a knee injury and was out for the year. Talk about an upset, the girls brought their game.

here’s the sit to the game. Sorry idk how to post a link. Great game. Must see.

*sigh* That was fun. Thanks for posting it.

Comparing SEC Rosters for this season:

Mississippi State

A lot of big powerful post players plus the addition of Howard makes them a potentially super power on the boards. They can run them in and out or play two at once. We look small compared to their posts this season. Hunter was a five star player that originally signed with UConn somehow got eligible to play this season. They definitely look the part of league champion and probably another final four team.

South Carolina Roster

Their roster does not look as good as the one they had last season. They are definitely an excellent team but one I think we can challenge for second place in the league. They like us will have a difficult time stopping Miss. St board game. I don't see them or us or anyone else beating Miss, St who could go 16 and 0 in the SEC. We play Miss. St. on the road they play them a home and home. They also have to play us at our place. Their schedule is tough and is the reason I can see us getting second place if we take care of not losing to inferior teams.

Tennessee Lady Vols Roster

I think what you can say about our team is that we really lack post power this season. I am still skeptical as to how KK will play against really strong post players this season. I have confidence in Cheridine but she will be giving up a lot of size to Miss St as will everybody. We only play SC and Miss St once each if we split those two games and manage to win most or the rest with tough road games at Georgia, Missouri, and yes Bama ( cause we can't beat them for some reason) being our three toughest road games. SC just played Clemson and won by 12 we play them first game of the Junkanoo so we'll see how we stack up against a fairly good team shortly. I can see us finishing second in the league if we win the SEC home games and go 5 and 3 on the road. I can see SC losing twice to Miss St and hopefully to us at home late in the season.

The only other team I see as a challenger for the title is Georgia and we have to play them on the road. On a given night they can get up and beat almost anybody and will be really tough at home.

I think I will wait until at least mid-Jan before I crown anyone as conference champs. There are a lot of new people in critical positions for their team. We'll see who develops and puts their team into position for championship contention and who are rebuilding experience. The season has just started.

Tennessee vs. Clemson Massey has us as a 19.5 point favorite winning 70 to 51. Tennessee is ranked number 16 by Massey and Clemson is number 137. Winner plays either Oklahoma or UAB with number 41 Oklahoma a 11 point favorite to beat number 100 UAB.

Clemson Basketball Roster

Clemson Starters

Kobi Thornton 6'2"
Tylar Bennett 6'4"
Danielle Edwards 5'7"
Aliyah Collier 5'9"
Simone Westbrook 5'8"

Team shooting 40 percent from the field and 25 percent from the three point line. Shooting 70 percent from the foul line. Top scorer is Kobi Thornton averaging 18.0 ppg on 53 percent field goal shooting percentage.

Tennessee Starters

Meme Jackson 5'10"
Evina Westbrooks 6'0"
Kasiyahnna Kushkituah 6'4"
Rennia Davis 6'2"
Cheridine Green 6'3"

Team shooting 46 percent from the field and 37 percent from the three point line. Shooting 61 percent from the free throw line. Leading scorers is MeMe Jackson 14.3 ppg. on 53 percent Field Goal shooting.

Schedule and Bracket

Game Broadcast

Last edited:
Reactions: governmentmule
Does anyone have info on how we can watch the games? I’m sure we’ll have to pay for a subscription somewhere and then cancel like we did last year! Lol

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Does anyone have info on how we can watch the games? I’m sure we’ll have to pay for a subscription somewhere and then cancel like we did last year! Lol

Volfan2012 provided the Game Broadcast link to FloHoops in the post above yours.

VN Store

Back