Vacation / Travel

That has a creepy feel to it just looking at the picture. But the architecture is fantastic!

Most of these old homes are built from brownstone. But yeah, the first floor felt dark and creepy. Lots of dark wood inside and to be honest, it was hard to see with the lack of sunlight. But very nice architecture to this day.

St John New Brunswick.

Attachments

• 080C2839-D8B0-4022-9FFF-CE4710B0F356.jpeg
    080C2839-D8B0-4022-9FFF-CE4710B0F356.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 1923FC57-BDD7-4D1B-96C5-90FD1FE08470.jpeg
    1923FC57-BDD7-4D1B-96C5-90FD1FE08470.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Quoddy Head State Park and Lighthouse

Attachments

• DACB4EC0-A672-4A96-B715-94E4208C9D55.jpeg
    DACB4EC0-A672-4A96-B715-94E4208C9D55.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 270C4BAF-CCBC-4559-9CED-C596520F9AFB.jpeg
    270C4BAF-CCBC-4559-9CED-C596520F9AFB.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
  • F635CF6F-415B-4BB0-9C60-2062882D7865.jpeg
    F635CF6F-415B-4BB0-9C60-2062882D7865.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Portland Head Light

Attachments

• 238AC0FF-C86C-420C-9196-095C8E3AD864.jpeg
    238AC0FF-C86C-420C-9196-095C8E3AD864.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • B09AEC11-1BC1-4AD5-B40F-57522CCC4245.jpeg
    B09AEC11-1BC1-4AD5-B40F-57522CCC4245.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • D0AD7770-A432-4BCF-B3A8-BD27BA22C55E.jpeg
    D0AD7770-A432-4BCF-B3A8-BD27BA22C55E.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Those pics are great of Arlington and the White House. There’s so much to do there.

Any chance went to The Old Ebbitt Grill? That’s one of our favorites. That and the Capitol Lounge for lunch time stuff. Their wing sauce is really good for having just one or two.

No, we went to La Perla on Pennsylvania Ave. Pricey but excellent.
It’s my second time there, so much to see and not enough time. Gonna hit the Aeronautical Museum next time though.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Those pics are great of Arlington and the White House. There’s so much to do there.

Any chance went to The Old Ebbitt Grill? That’s one of our favorites. That and the Capitol Lounge for lunch time stuff. Their wing sauce is really good for having just one or two.

Old Ebbitt is classic. The rooftop lounge at the W hotel (formerly Hotel Washington) is a good spot with cool views.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I
No, we went to La Perla on Pennsylvania Ave. Pricey but excellent.
It’s my second time there, so much to see and not enough time. Gonna hit the Aeronautical Museum next time though.

If I were you I would head to the one at Dulles. The one in town doesn’t really do it justice. Then again traffic always sucks.

Ford’s theater tour was really good, exceptionally good in my opinion. The next on my list is the Spy Museum.

Reactions: AirVol
Old Ebbitt is classic. The rooftop lounge at the W hotel (formerly Hotel Washington) is a good spot with cool views.

Old Ebbitt is classic. Great seafood.

I wasn’t allowed on the W rooftop because I had on sandles. Very nice sandles, along with a very, very nice shirt and linen pants. Same thing happened to me in Charleston as well. Pissed me off.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
I've been looking into options for my upcoming honeymoon in April. I have been looking heavily into Couples Tower Isle in Ocho Rios Jamaica. Any info someone has would be great! We are also not set on Jamaica and are open to suggestions. Would prefer a Caribbean spot, though.

Missed out on the extended family vaca this summer due to summer workouts and being a teacher.

Decided to head to LA for some time away over Christmas break. Going to hit up a Rams game, Lakers, and Disney while out there. Will be a nice break from Missouri weather!

I've been looking into options for my upcoming honeymoon in April. I have been looking heavily into Couples Tower Isle in Ocho Rios Jamaica. Any info someone has would be great! We are also not set on Jamaica and are open to suggestions. Would prefer a Caribbean spot, though.

Don’t know if you have booked anything yet, but we went to Grand Sunset Princess in Playa Del Carmen for our honeymoon.They have great deals on bookit.com . If it’s in the budget I would recommend the Laguna Villa suites. Personal Outdoor shower (👌🏻 You’ll figure it out) , private pool for only those in the same section, private cabanas by the pool with top of the line server, all inclusive top shelf booze, best thing I’ve ever done .

Regardless of where you go make sure you bring a copy of your marriage license, most places will hook you up with a nice dinner free of charge or other things.

I don’t think you can go wrong at any resort in Jamaica mon. I went to Sandals in Negril and it was top notch, visited the Couples resort to see friends and it was as nice. Hedonism II was next door to us, we walked over and saw naked whales laying everywhere and I felt like I needed a shower. Good luck on your search though.

Don’t know if you have booked anything yet, but we went to Grand Sunset Princess in Playa Del Carmen for our honeymoon.They have great deals on bookit.com . If it’s in the budget I would recommend the Laguna Villa suites. Personal Outdoor shower (👌🏻 You’ll figure it out) , private pool for only those in the same section, private cabanas by the pool with top of the line server, all inclusive top shelf booze, best thing I’ve ever done .

Regardless of where you go make sure you bring a copy of your marriage license, most places will hook you up with a nice dinner free of charge or other things.
Thank you! I will look into it. We haven't booked anything yet.

I don’t think you can go wrong at any resort in Jamaica mon. I went to Sandals in Negril and it was top notch, visited the Couples resort to see friends and it was as nice. Hedonism II was next door to us, we walked over and saw naked whales laying everywhere and I felt like I needed a shower. Good luck on your search though.
We have never been. I have heard great things, though.

Aruba, Antigua even the Dominican Republic are much better than Jamaica IMO. Last time we were in Jamaica it wasn't safe to leave the resort without being in a group.

Aruba, Antigua even the Dominican Republic are much better than Jamaica IMO. Last time we were in Jamaica it wasn't safe to leave the resort without being in a group.

We want a beautiful beach with awesome amenities and something geared more towards "Romantic" i guess since it's a honeymoon. And I want to drink a lot of alcohol and stuff my face. I was really interested in that couples resort, but they are $700 higher than cheap caribbean??? wth.

VN Store

Back