Pruitt to Bama?

He has won a total of 5 games as a head coach. You need to get a grip.

Before it’s all said and done, he might be the best coach in UT history. Or the worst. We have no way of knowing 10 games into his career.

And if he wants to leave, there’s nothing any of us can do about it.

Butch and Dooley are neck and neck for that top spot.

This thread is all-some!

Still waiting on Dools to UGA and Butch to Michigan. LULZ!

I live in Alabama, and I know tons of people that wished they lived elsewhere, myself included so I don't buy into Alabamians are loyal. Loyal to the Tide yes, but let them go back to the late 90's and early 00's then you'll see how loyal they are. Most are too uneducated to realize life is better else where. The reason why most people continue to live here is low property taxes and state tax, but after that it's not the scenic view unless it's north Alabama but in my area it's because we are close to Panama City Beach.

I've wanted to move back to Tennessee ever since I left Clarksville while at Ft Campbell, but wife's family is here and she wears the pants.

Reactions: jhcrane14
Lot's of great debate here. IMO, if Bama calls on Pruitt to be their head coach, there is ZERO doubt that he will go.

Following a Legend? Sure he would, he's making lemonade out of lemons at UT. His best trait right now, is how humble he is. If he went back, his press conf. would recognize Saban and tell them he will be his own man.

UT is rolling, why go back? I really hope that this is the case, but Bama has a huge (at the present) bulit in recruiting pipeline than UT. I used to think, 'why would the kids at Alabama be better". The fact is, they have better HS football in bama than Tennessee does. It just is easier (at the present) to get better recruits there.

Bama prefers Dabo! Maybe this happens. IMO this is the hardest to predict. I suspect when UT get back to rolling on the recruiting trail, Clemson will fall back a bit. Why? Pruitt is the reason. So this is a 50/50 toss-up for me.

If Pruitt is smart he won't go. (then). Following a legend is nearly impossible. (We know first hand). Remember following Bear, Rupp, the General, Pat, Woody, Joe Pa and on and on. When you follow them, you are trying to make people forget a legend that grows and grows. There is usually nowhere to go but down, even if their recent past has been less than great.

If you grew up in Alabama as a Tide fan, then played football at Alabama, then coached at Alabama you’d probably be able to see a guy like Pruitt’s point of view. This idea that he wouldn’t leave to coach his alma mater is fan fiction. East Tennessee is great but it’s not goin to erase those memories for him. This “Shadow of Saban” stuff wouldn’t outweigh those memories either. IMHO.

I can’t believe I’m even engaging in this nonsense. 2 SEC wins guys! Delete thread.

I talked to Finebaum about Pruitt possibly heading back to Bama after Saban retires.

What are your thoughts?

I think Saban's successor is Dabo Swinney... if he wants the job. He's only 49...and has proven that he can put a team on the field to slay the giant....

He has won a total of 5 games as a head coach. You need to get a grip.

Before it’s all said and done, he might be the best coach in UT history. Or the worst

Well...NAW.... the WORST coach(es) in the history of the program have to be the 3 stooges of Kitten, Doolittle, and Blow___.

It's taken CJP just 10 games to beat 2 ranked teams...1 on the road in the West (something none of the stooges could do)...and 1 at home.

CJP is gonna win or lose in RECRUITING..... IF he wins the battle for the guys he WANTS....he will WIN on the field....

Its impossible for anyone to be worse than those two, because history has ended.

Good information for you to know @The Ron Mexico for the future. Unless that has ended too.

Yeah....Blow____ is Moe.....Doolittle is Shemp....and Kitten is Larry......

But a good case could be made that Blow____ is curly...... whoo..whoo...whooo....etc...etc...

I think you’re getting way ahead of yourself, but like others have stated..if he were to be considered by Alabama then that means he would be competing for NCs on the regular here. I agree with Finebaum for once that Saban is so successful it almost makes the Bama job unappealing. Could you imagine the expectations going in there? It’s nearly as bad as having to rebuild a program like Pruitt is doing now.

Remember back a few years when USC struck out on two or three of their first choices and as a last resort came in and took our Lane away from us?

When Bama starts looking, you can bet that Dabo and Kirby will be at the top of their list.

If and only if they strike out there, then maybe they come after our guy!

But that would be only after a few great years from JP!

It's not something we need worry ourselves with now!

I think Saban's successor is Dabo Swinney... if he wants the job. He's only 49...and has proven that he can put a team on the field to slay the giant....

If Dabo was smart he'd stay put. He's already made legend at Clemson. Winning the NC would only get easier at Clemson once Saban leaves Bama. He may not be expected to win the NC every other year after Saban set that bar but the pressure to get in that ballpark is substantially higher than at Clemson and after Saban leaves the road to a NC at Clemson gets easier. Getting through the SEC isn't going to change much unless it gets more difficult once he's gone..

Reactions: RollerVol
he's not that stupid to try to walk in those shoes yet...maybe after a coach or two fails, who knows...if it works out here, then probably not...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT TIGERS!

I don't believe CJP is a masochist on an egomaniac and whoever takes that job after Saban will have to be one or both. Sure, the money would be great, but, who whould want to subject their reputation and family to the abuse that fan base will impose after a two loss season.

Whoever gets the job will not last longer than 4 years, imo.

Reactions: CardiacKid
If Dabo was smart he'd stay put. He's already made legend at Clemson. Winning the NC would only get easier at Clemson once Saban leaves Bama. He may not be expected to win the NC every other year after Saban set that bar but the pressure to get in that ballpark is substantially higher than at Clemson and after Saban leaves the road to a NC at Clemson gets easier. Getting through the SEC isn't going to change much unless it gets more difficult once he's gone..

Everything you say is true... and that's why I think Dabo would take the job....

Lol.

Last week some were ready to fire him.

This week, we got a thread saying "Don't get too hyped" after we beat Kentucky and now..
"Oh noes, our coach going to Bama".

Love this place.

Ha I was thinking the exact same thing. Some of yalls blood pressure does spirals lol

1. this is way premature - we don't need to worry about this now.
2. If Bama wanted JP and offered him he would most likely leave for Bama. Just imagine the way you feel for TN - that is how he feels for Bama. It's his school. If he has a chance to be the head man at "his School" he will take it.

VN Store

Back