Pruitt to Bama?

Yes these are all opinions. But putting yourself in his shoes it's pretty easy what the decision would be. We see it each season when a coaches Alma Mater coaching job comes open and they bolt.

My comment was pretty much just for your last sentence... "He will not pass that opportunity up no matter what anyone thinks".

I hope that in 4 or 5 years Bama is backing a dump truck full of cash up to CJPs house trying to hire him.

My comment was pretty much just for your last sentence... "He will not pass that opportunity up no matter what anyone thinks".
Correct. This is these guys dream jobs they have worked for all their life. Scott Frost just did it. Jeff Brohm will be heading to Louisville after the season. It is what it is.

Not going to happen. Too many powerful Tide boosters are apparently against Pruitt returning because he left to coach a hated rival. There was an article last spring reporting as such. Some feller named Dabo is their guy.

Dabo or Pruitt (if he gets UT rolling) ain’t leaving. Simple as that

Reactions: jhcrane14
Pruitt is not really on their radar yet. It is Dabo, let’s face it though, if Alabama calls, they are both Alabama guys, and they would come back. If you think differently you don’t know Alabama, and Alabama people. Here’s the thing about Alabamians, they are extremely loyal. However, if in 5 years he’s in the conversation that means he’s done a great job and we’ve had five really good years!

You guys can’t see the forest for the trees. Saban has his replacement on staff already. His name is......Butch Jones and he will do a fantastic job carrying on the Tide tradition of whatever that is

/blue

Correct. This is these guys dream jobs they have worked for all their life. Scott Frost just did it. Jeff Brohm will be heading to Louisville after the season. It is what it is.

By the way, that doest make it seem like an opinion. Jmo.

I think Pruitt will be here a long time. The man loves football and he would've built the program back to where it should be and if gets to the point Bama wants him when Saban hangs up the whistle then UT is back to where we belong.

My thought, when Pruitt gets us rolling , why would he go back and stand in the shadow of Saban? He has the opportunity to build his own legacy without standing in anyones shadow. He could well build the next Neyland type Dynasty in Knoxville , he reminds me alot of what i have heard and read about Neyland. His Dynasty would not stand in the shadow of Neyland, Majors, Dickey, Fulmer,( like Saban being distanced from Bryant ) he would have enough distance from them to shine on it's own. it would stand out on it's own merit and would not have to even be bothered with Saban's shadow. He strikes me as the type of coach who could be the Next "old man" whom everyone is chasing. I really think we will have gotten the best apple from the Saban tree.

Wish I could give you more than 1 like, great post!

VN Store

Back