Game Thread Lady Vols vs Presbyterian

Post needs to improve but given Davis wasn't in and some unlucky occurrences (Presby girl went 5-5 from 3, Kush went 0-6 from line), a 48 point win isn't a bad start.

Reactions: travis929
Positives
1. Press is smothering
2. Zaay is for real
3. 50 point win with best player on the bench

Negatives
1. Finishing at the rim
2. Free throw shooting
3. Senior leadership

Under positives, I'd add tougher play in the post. Neither Green, KK, or Harris shy away from contact and they're more aggressive rebounders than we're used to seeing. Yes, two of them need a lot of work on other things, but I think their overall style of play is better suited to this team.

Northwestern 84 Duke 58 today. That is a surprising score number 21 Duke gets pounded.
UConn 85 Ohio State 53
Georgia 85 Winthrop 39
South Carolina over Alabama State 27 to 10 after 1st quarter.

The freshman where playing against college competition year round in high school and in aau. She's sprinting back on defense because she's TRAILING. Do you know why she's trailing? because sometimes she's the POINT of the press. Or she's in the back of the press with slow rotating help side and she's going 2 on 1.

I was talking about missed shots when the other team was already pushing the ball down the court. Watch her and watch Collins there is a clear difference. Not once did Harris put herself in the position to trap at the top like Collins.

And if you’re talking about the freshman playing against college competition well she did that in pracice for 3 years AND against male practice players and with strengthening and conditioning.

Again all I am saying is there is a clear difference which you yourself alluded to yourself.

I think she can contribute some this year and grab some rebounds and even block a shot or two. But I def like Collins energy, Green being in the post, and want to see Davis at the 4 a bit. After that I am all in for Harris.

I was talking about missed shots when the other team was already pushing the ball down the court. Watch her and watch Collins there is a clear difference. Not once did Harris put herself in the position to trap at the top like Collins.

And if you’re talking about the freshman playing against college competition well she did that in pracice for 3 years AND against male practice players and with strengthening and conditioning.

Again all I am saying is there is a clear difference which you yourself alluded to yourself.

I think she can contribute some this year and grab some rebounds and even block a shot or two. But I def like Collins energy, Green being in the post, and want to see Davis at the 4 a bit. After that I am all in for Harris.

These first few games are for seeing who can do what! We have seen some positives like Zaay and her shooting and defense... Burrell’s aggressiveness and Collins will contribute also! Not to forget Jaz is actually a point guard that can play and has a calming effect!

So the Freshmen can play !!! That’s good
Looks like Green is our only Big who can make lay-ups consistently ? A lot of things to be excited about... Plus more help coming on 2019 ! I for one am anxious to see how we improve this year and our future is looking good also ! GO VOLS 👍

These first few games are for seeing who can do what! We have seen some positives like Zaay and her shooting and defense... Burrell’s aggressiveness and Collins will contribute also! Not to forget Jaz is actually a point guard that can play and has a calming effect!

So the Freshmen can play !!! That’s good
Looks like Green is our only Big who can make lay-ups consistently ? A lot of things to be excited about... Plus more help coming on 2019 ! I for one am anxious to see how we improve this year and our future is looking good also ! GO VOLS 👍

Yep, I agree! People on this board for the longest got mad at CHW for not pulling a player (ie Russell, Nared, Westbrook, even DD) when they made mistakes and said she needed to sit them. So now we have Collins who could of subbed in for Harris or put KK back in but she let her play through mistakes. I am ok with that too! I guess I am just trying to be like do we want them to give them a chance or sit them in place of another player? I guess it’s a personal choice other coaches in the country will play their big players to set a standard and the others get in when they get in...

I thought Zaay could have played more but I was glad to see Rae and Jaz get more run. But if the train of thought was to ride who was hot or sit a player who made some mistakes then Zaay should have had more minutes.

VN Store

Back