The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Personally, I don’t think Zion plays anything like LeBron.

Physicality wise? Sure. But he reminds me of a Barkley/Shaq type of player.

Was it Webber that said he wouldn't have started with the Fab 5. Lunacy.
Yeah I’m not buying that either. Crazy seeing 285 lbs get up like he does.

I am curious to see how he handles adversity and off nights. He seems like he could have a short fuse if somebody could bag with him and he ortheir team weren’t clicking that night.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
Yikes. I love Pons but his ball security is dreadful. He’ll never be an NBA perimeter player. My best NBA player comp for Pons is a shorter Kenneth Faried.
That’s why I said less polished. His offense needs work, but defensively he’s nba ready.

Admiral doesn’t strike me as the type to be scared off by any man. Don’t take that to mean that I think AS is better than ZW, but one thing Admiral doesn’t lack is confidence.

Schofield isn’t a small guy either so I doubt he’d let ZW push him around.

Reactions: VEKZY
It’s not debatable. Zion is so far and away more athletic than Pons lol
No it’s not debatable lol. Zion is the best athlete to come out of high school since LeBron and tonight proved it. Did you not see that blow by dunk he had?

And btw Pons is an NBA athlete. But Zion is a different species.
Wow, one college game and u guys have annointed Zion the next LeBron and Barkley. Bwaahaha. Calm down, maybe u guys can give him a couple of more games and he will be better than Jordan, Oscar, Magic and Wilt.
I said Pons and Zion had some similarities, around 6'6-6'7ish, physical specimans that can job out of the gym. Although I think Pons has more muscle than Zion or at least is more cut. There is no doubt Zion is a better basketball player than Pons, but in pure athletic ability it is debatable. Btw, RJ Barrett would be the guy, I think UT would have the biggest problem guarding on that team

Wow, one college game and u guys have annointed Zion the next LeBron and Barkley. Bwaahaha. Calm down, maybe u guys can give him a couple of more games and he will be better than Jordan, Oscar, Magic and Wilt.
I said Pons and Zion had some similarities, around 6'6-6'7ish, physical specimans that can job out of the gym. Although I think Pons has more muscle than Zion or at least is more cut. There is no doubt Zion is a better basketball player than Pons, but in pure athletic ability it is debatable. Btw, RJ Barrett would be the guy, I think UT would have the biggest problem guarding on that team

I think the point is that while they maybe have some similar athletic measurables (I.e vertical), that Yves is doing is at 6’6” 209lbs, Williamson is doing the same things but at 6’7” 285lbs which is pretty much unheard of.

A 6’1” 185lb football player running a 4.39 forty isn’t unheard...but as 6’5” 265lb guy running a 4.39 is.

Reactions: The Dog and Vols410
I think the point is that while they maybe have some similar athletic measurables (I.e vertical), that Yves is doing is at 6’6” 209lbs, Williamson is doing the same things but at 6’7” 285lbs which is pretty much unheard of.

A 6’1” 185lb football player running a 4.39 forty isn’t unheard...but as 6’5” 265lb guy running a 4.39 is.

Yes exactly.

Reactions: The Dog
Admiral dont.
Admiral is a competitor. I don't think he'd mind facing him one bit. I know for damn sure that Zion wouldn't be able to push him around. Yeah Zion has him beat on his vertical game and speed, but definitely not strength. I really hope we face Duke in the tourney (Hopefully it'd be in the Final 4 or Championship) because I really want to see that matchup.

I'd want to see
Bone vs Jones
Bowden vs Reddish
Pons vs Barrett
Schofield vs Williamson
Grant vs Bolden

Duke is really good, but UK's terrible defense made them look way better than what I think they are.

Imagine. Vols down 1 with 25 seconds to go, bone is at the top of the key, pick and roll with grant, bone feeds grant he dunks on reddish, duke calls a timeout. Inbounds the ball, Zion gets the ball drives into the lane, goes up for the dunk to win the game, and championship. Blocked by Alexander, no whistle, schofield recovers the lose ball, and drives it into the opposite corner to run out the clock, and win the title. Duke fans are stunned, the vols win. I keep playing this imaginary scene over and over in my head lol

Reactions: The Dog and Stoked
Bto you follow this closer than I

How did Braxton Key get a waiver to play immediately at Virginia?

I thought such waivers were next to impossible now

Bto you follow this closer than I

How did Braxton Key get a waiver to play immediately at Virginia?

I thought such waivers were next to impossible now

NCAA seemed to enforce that for 1 season and has now backed off, tons of guys got waivers this year, many schools were surprised.

Agreed. I really thought Pons was closer to 230. That shocks me that he is 210. Zion is a freak, very talented basketball who seems to do everything on the court and I was really impressed with his basketball IQ. Hell, Zion seems to be a student of the game and very intelligent, period. Pons only 210, tho ? How much does Admiral weigh, 230 ?

Imagine. Vols down 1 with 25 seconds to go, bone is at the top of the key, pick and roll with grant, bone feeds grant he dunks on reddish, duke calls a timeout. Inbounds the ball, Zion gets the ball drives into the lane, goes up for the dunk to win the game, and championship. Blocked by Alexander, no whistle, schofield recovers the lose ball, and drives it into the opposite corner to run out the clock, and win the title. Duke fans are stunned, the vols win. I keep playing this imaginary scene over and over in my head lol

UT won't make it to the Elite 8.

VN Store

Back