Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

feels strange not talking about us not having a "latest injury" thread...strange in a good way...:D

PS. hate it for anyone to go through injuries...just no fun at all

GO LADY VOLS!

Not lady vol related, but I was looking at Oregons roster and they have only 1 2019 commit and just 1 more listed in Jones, the number 1 recruit. As it stands now, they will only have 9 players next year, pending any not listed on ESPN list. Oregon has the final visit for Jones, so plenty of early playing time available if she stays on the west coast and goes to Oregon.

Wow. Middleton broker her silence: “I didn’t feel like I was being pushed to the best of my abilities in several different ways,” she said. “I think I wanted (Warlick) to expect more from me and I think she put those expectations on other players.”

Women's basketball: A lot is being asked of Alexa Middleton this year, and that's exactly what she wants

I mean besides her 3pt shooting and some nice flashy passes every now and then , what else did she think she could do or contribute ?

I mean besides her 3pt shooting and some nice flashy passes every now and then , what else did she think she could do or contribute ?

I recall after the McD AA skills challenge, all of us here were singing her praise. Pissing on her now that she's gone is very Boneyard-esque...

I think Alexa is a very good player and will do well at Iowa State. Fennelly is a good coach and I believe he will know how to maximize her productivity. The reality is that the Tennessee offense where they look to go inside first, second and third was a bad fit for her. Even when they have shooters like Zolman or Bjorklund, they rarely design plays to free them up for deep shots unless it's during a desperation play.

I liked her while she was suited up for Tennessee and look forward to seeing how she performs for the Cyclones.

I recall after the McD AA skills challenge, all of us here were singing her praise. Pissing on her now that she's gone is very Boneyard-esque...

I think Alexa is a very good player and will do well at Iowa State. Fennelly is a good coach and I believe he will know how to maximize her productivity. The reality is that the Tennessee offense where they look to go inside first, second and third was a bad fit for her. Even when they have shooters like Zolman or Bjorklund, they rarely design plays to free them up for deep shots unless it's during a desperation play.

I liked her while she was suited up for Tennessee and look forward to seeing how she performs for the Cyclones.

No no no not i lol , not saying she wasnt good for our team bc i would GLADLY take her back , but wanting more responsibility seems like a shot at our coaching staff versus her looking at her own skill level compared to the team she was surrounded with .

Durr , louisville took 15 3-pt shots in 21 minutes in their opening win over Western Ky. made 7 buy for a point guard to be open that many times, even with screens.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Too bad that Middleton had to endure the disfunction of the DD/Te'a era at UT, but she had more than enough chances to show her skills on the court at Tn. imho

Reactions: mcannon1
Too bad that Middleton had to endure the disfunction of the DD/Te'a era at UT, but she had more than enough chances to show her skills on the court at Tn. imho

The bummer is that Middleton would have flourished in this setting.
The drama is what chased her away (IMO)
I hope she finds BB happiness

Reactions: sccshortstop
The bummer is that Middleton would have flourished in this setting.
The drama is what chased her away (IMO)
I hope she finds BB happiness

Didn't she say that the issue was how she was viewed by the coaching staff? She said she wanted to transfer after her sophomore year, and that was before Te'a.

It sounds like the player comparison issues weren't with Diamond and Te'a. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jordan and Andraya...two underperforming players that Holly was very high on for reasons that still baffle me.

Didn't she say that the issue was how she was viewed by the coaching staff? She said she wanted to transfer after her sophomore year, and that was before Te'a.

It sounds like the player comparison issues weren't with Diamond and Te'a. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jordan and Andraya...two underperforming players that Holly was very high on for reasons that still baffle me.

Alexa was class of 14 and Cooper class of 15 so Te’a would have arrived her sophomore year. She spent her junior year at UT which was Te’a’s sophomore injured season (whoa never saw a name with two apostrophes). The same year as the seeming discord and fight. So Diamond and Te’a were both there and well integrated by then. Not that I am saying they’re the cause and not the coaches but they were there.

Alexa was class of 14 and Cooper class of 15 so Te’a would have arrived her sophomore year. She spent her junior year at UT which was Te’a’s sophomore injured season (whoa never saw a name with two apostrophes). The same year as the seeming discord and fight. So Diamond and Te’a were both there and well integrated by then. Not that I am saying they’re the cause and not the coaches but they were there.

Ah, you're right. For some reason I thought there was a two year gap between Alexa and Te'a.

I did like Alexa a lot. I just don't think she was used right. If she was in the game as the primary ball handler, they should have run more of a half court offense instead of run run run. She wasn't fast nor athletic enough to play that way under control. It will be interesting to see how they use her at ISU. I haven't watched the Cyclones in awhile, but I recall them usually being a high volume 3-pt shooting team with a backcourt that can kindly be described as "not the most athletic". She should fit in well there.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Yeah, let's see how quickly she gets up to speed, that was a nice pickup, cos watching MSU exhibition game, they looked vulnerable.

They need her, they guards look like our guards last year.

The teams who guards play the best wins league??

VN Store

Back