The Official Duke/UNC 2018/19 Basketball Thread!!!

Chuckie

"They won't nobody up here pay for it, buddy"
I'm sorely disappointed in you jokers that have failed to already have this thread created...hell, a damn Hoosier already started one for their season!

Anyway, I watched the UNC game sparingly last night so I don't have a lot of comments.

And, I didn't watch a second of the DU/UK game, but based on the score and on the reactions from several in the RFFT thread gave me the impression that they look like a force to be reckoned with. Great :confused:

Reactions: Stretch
I'm sorely disappointed in you jokers that have failed to already have this thread created...hell, a damn Hoosier already started one for their season!

Anyway, I watched the UNC game sparingly last night so I don't have a lot of comments.

And, I didn't watch a second of the DU/UK game, but based on the score and on the reactions from several in the RFFT thread gave me the impression that they look like a force to be reckoned with. Great :confused:

Isn't it?! :D

I don’t know how Duke didn’t start the season #1. All anyone’s talked about the last few months are ZW and those freshmen, and last night, unless KY was just having an off-night, Duke looked unstoppable.

RDU says he's been working on the start. Anyways, Duke looked like they've already gelled and are primed to run loose all season. It's one game though.

I don’t know how Duke didn’t start the season #1. All anyone’s talked about the last few months are ZW and those freshmen, and last night, unless KY was just having an off-night, Duke looked unstoppable.
Duke should of been #1, UK overated as usual.

I hate Duke but damn they are looking good. They have a young Harden, LeBron, and KD.

Identity theft is not a joke Chuckie. Millions of families are effected each year.

[youtube]

Bears, beets, Beat UNC's ass.....stealing my thread

Freak!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
I hate Duke but damn they are looking good. They have a young Harden, LeBron, and KD.

Nah. Zion ain't LeBron. But you right about the Barrett/Harden comp.

Zion Williamson = 6'7" Shaquille O'Neal
RJ Barrett = more athletic James Harden minus the elite shooting

Both are #1 picks in any other draft. With that said, Zion is the clear cut top prospect this year. As good as RJ Barrett is, Zion is simply better. He has the potential to be the best player in the NBA.

Reactions: 508mikey

Both are #1 picks in any other draft. With that said, Zion is the clear cut top prospect this year. As good as RJ Barrett is, Zion is simply better. He has the potential to be the best player in the NBA.

When has S. O'Neal ever had handles and shot like Zion? But no doubt ZW is legit.

I never saw Shaq have handles and passes like Zion while also hitting jump shots.

When has S. O'Neal ever had handles and shot like Zion? But no doubt ZW is legit.

Shaq had underrated skills. He used to lead the fast break sometimes for the Lakers. He also had freakish agility for a man his size.

Obviously being 7'1" meant he played primarily on the inside. But I'm assuming if he was shorter and had to play on the perimeter, he would look alot like Zion.

I take back what I said yesterday. Your troll jobs just get worse and worse. I’m disappointed D4H

I never saw Shaq have handles and passes like Zion while also hitting jump shots.

Shaq had handles breh.

Now obviously he didn't utilize this very much in games cause he played primarily in the post as a 7-footer. I would like to imagine that if he was 6'7" instead of 7'1" he would play alot like Zion.

Nontheless, I'm comparing Zion to Shaq mainly in terms of their physical tools. Both were abnormaly athletic for their size. Shaq in terms of his quickness and athleticism for a 7'1" 320 lbs man. And Zion similarly has ridiculous quickness, agility, and athleticism at 6'7" 275 lbs.

I love Shaq, but he didn't have too many post moves. He overpowered people mostly. He had a great spin move where he'd got the ball over the top. Olujawon on the other hand was an absolute artist with his feet and his shot fake ability. He abused Shaq, David Robison and Ewing on the biggest stage. It killed me too, to watch them beat the Magic like that. I loved Penny and that squad.

I love Shaq, but he didn't have too many post moves. He overpowered people mostly. He had a great spin move where he'd got the ball over the top. Olujawon on the other hand was an absolute artist with his feet and his shot fake ability. He abused Shaq, David Robison and Ewing on the biggest stage. It killed me too, to watch them beat the Magic like that. I loved Penny and that squad.

I agree. But that doesn't mean Shaq couldn't do more. His father just instilled him with the mindset of trying to physically dominate his opposition. Shaq even says that when he was younger he would try to be skillfull but his father would say no. Get in the paint and physically dominate the opponent.

When Shaq got in the open floor he showed the type of ball-handling and passing ability he had.

I agree. But that doesn't mean Shaq couldn't do more. His father just instilled him with the mindset of trying to physically dominate his opposition. Shaq even says that when he was younger he would try to be skillfull but his father would say no. Get in the paint and physically dominate the opponent.

When Shaq got in the open floor he showed the type of ball-handling and passing ability he had.

I definitely won't dismiss Shaq's athleticism, especially for a man his size. Shaq is a generational talent, i think and hope Zion is also. The most impressive thing to me about Zion is how he doesn't force the issue, he let's the game come to him. Barrett on the hand wants to get his and will jack 30 shots a game.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
I don't understand why they had the Duke vs Kentucky game on election night. Why not just one night later? I missed it but just by looking at the box score, Barrett looks like the real deal and Duke is going to be a fun team this year.

I don’t follow b ball super close although Duke has been my team since I was young. (Born in TN, raised in N.C.). As many incredible player as I’ve seen play for Duke none have looked anything like those guys the other night did. And I remember the Laettner, Hurley and G. Hill days.

I don’t follow b ball super close although Duke has been my team since I was young. (Born in TN, raised in N.C.). As many incredible player as I’ve seen play for Duke none have looked anything like those guys the other night did. And I remember the Laettner, Hurley and G. Hill days.

That was a squad. Grant Hill is my favorite basketball player.

VN Store

Back