'19 AL QB Taulia Tagovailoa

I said our pitch to taulia was compete day 1 for job before season began. No longer case. That was only chance you get him away from Bama. Safe to say JG is the starter at least the next year to start season. Sure we can take 2 QBs but this roster needs so much and Maurer is a top 10 QB in this class. Shrout is very talented. Not sure what you don't get for that.

We aren't going to pass on a stud player at another position to take a 2nd QB for anyone not named taulia and he isnt coming here. It's. It's not a strong class to take 2 in

So if they are set on taking another QB, I wonder who the realistic target is? I would be shocked if Pruitt doesnt realize the Taulia ship sailed a long time ago.

Appears we need an entire new team.:oops::eek:
giphy.gif

Reactions: davethevol
When your brother is dominating like Tua is, you would think that he would want to go to a different place and make a name for himself. If Tue leads the tide to 3 straight national championships and then little brother takes control if he doesn't win Bama fans will crucify him. He will always be compared to his brother, just a fact. Look at Peyton and Eli.

They went to two different colleges and two different NFL teams. No matter what the Tua’s will be compared.

I think so, too, Train; we still bring him in though. No visit definitely means, no shot.

Yeah I guess. I just have a weird feeling about this guy. I cannot shake the feeling he is coming to try and flip Morris. Not that he would flip, but just a feeling. I mean if he comes in and likes it who knows? Maybe he comes to the good guys. Fine by me if that happens.

Yeah I guess. I just have a weird feeling about this guy. I cannot shake the feeling he is coming to try and flip Morris. Not that he would flip, but just a feeling. I mean if he comes in and likes it who knows? Maybe he comes to the good guys. Fine by me if that happens.
You need to stop worrying about that; I truly believe that's not what's happening. This kid, and his entire family, are class acts, who think the world of Jeremy Pruitt. They will honor and respect his program, I'm totally convinced of this.

For every Preston Williams, there are hundreds more that truly respect, and enjoy, the recruiting process. Stop worrying that stubborn ole head, my friend.

If we could get a few of the higher profile kids to actually commit, it may work in our favor here with him... he will see it isn't just "talk" about getting new kids in and changing the program... He may then want to be a part of it. At least we know his parents like and respect Pruitt, so having that is definitely in our favor.

Honestly he wouldn't have to take a recruiting visit just to do that. Ala gets so many elite recruits and don't need committs to take visits to recruit other guys. He made several unofficial visits already because he and his family love JP. They are a class family and If he's visiting there's legit interest. I think he's pretty much a Bammer, but he's atleast keeping an open mind. TN and LSU are probably the only two that have any shot of flipping him. He may want to pave his own path and there's a chance he's only there 1 year with his brother. Plus, I think Saban wants to win 2 more at Ala and he passes The Bear for the most ever at Ala and after that there's nothing left for him to accomplish. I'm not sure Saban is even there in 3-4 years if they win it again this year and next. Ala is pretty much.a lock to win the NC this year, there's nobody even close to their level this year. Bad as I hate to admit it, they are the best college football team I've ever seen. Then throw in Bear Bryant's great grandson also in the same class and is an elite QB prospect. He may not want to deal with not only following his brother and the instant legend he's already become and knowing he will be competing against a Bammer legends Great Grandson. Plus the influence and pull the Paul Bryant SR has. I think Paul Tyson is every bit as good as Taulia. He just doesn't have to throw it 50 times a game because Trussville has a great rushing offense to go along with his passing ability. Taulia's Thompson Team doesn't run the ball well and have to throw it as much as they do. I think Paul Tyson could put up the passing yards Taulia does if he played for Thompson. But I also think Brian Maurer is just as either of them. Brian just plays for a bad team and doesn't have the talent around him that Taulia or Tyson have. If Taulia wants in then great, but I'm more than happy with Maurer as our QB this class. Again I think he ends up at Ala but he's definitely exploring other options and isn't as much of a guaranteed to Ala like Paul Tyson is. I'm more than happy with Shrout, Maurer and hopefully Bailey or someone comparable in the '20 class. Won't shock me if they try to get another grad transfer QB for next season simply for Depth. Chryst will be gone, McBride getting demoted to 4th string should be the writing on the wall for him and would bet he transfers out after this season. Guess it could depend on how much Shrout has developed and if they are comfortable with JG, Shrout and Maurer as our QB depth. Really hope we don't have to waste a scholly on a grad transfer QB and just go after Jalen Mccleskey. He would be the perfect playmaker for our offense.

Family wants him at Bama.

Shocker.

I wouldn't say that. They want what is best for each of their sons and will support anywhere he wants to go. Tua was as close to transferring from Ala as you can get without doing it. If he hadn't played in the NC game or had to back up Hurts again this year he wouldn't be there right now. It's definitely his decision without any influence from his parents.

Ok so I live in alabaster where tau plays at Thompson! The word going around down here is that he will decommit from Alabama at some point and is going to either choose Tennessee or Florida state those are the other two teams he is looking at! I'm not an insider I don't know the family personally but the info came from a guy who works with his dad!! It's hear say until it happens but the bama fan that told me this was mad... when he found out and told me

Ok so I live in alabaster where tau plays at Thompson! The word going around down here is that he will decommit from Alabama at some point and is going to either choose Tennessee or Florida state those are the other two teams he is looking at! I'm not an insider I don't know the family personally but the info came from a guy who works with his dad!! It's hear say until it happens but the bama fan that told me this was mad... when he found out and told me

I hope you heard right..and he comes here

Reactions: Remy
He would start day 1. We just need a dynamic QB that can make plays with his feet. If we didn’t have Dobbs under Butch we probably never went to a bowl game. I know the OL isn’t that good but GT makes them look a lot worse.

Need.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I don’t see it happening, but landing Tag along with some of these other guys were in on could change the program. He’s a baller

He would start day 1. We just need a dynamic QB that can make plays with his feet. If we didn’t have Dobbs under Butch we probably never went to a bowl game. I know the OL isn’t that good but GT makes them look a lot worse.

We “just” need a dynamic qb with his feet? Lol.

By my count, we need at least 5 SEC caliber OLs, a TE who can block and catch 25-30 balls a year, a bellcow running back who can handle 20 carries a game, at least 1 burner WR who can stretch the field, 3-4 stud DTs, 2-3 stud rush DEs/OLBs, a couple of legit SEC MLBs, a couple more young stud CBs to add depth behind Thompson and Taylor and 3-4 badass safeties.

But....if you think we “just” need a “dynamic qb with his feet, well more power to you.

VN Store

Back