#1 Alabama (8-0) at #3 LSU (7-1) Game Thread (CBS, 8PM EDT)

Probably.

It just is getting really boring watching the race to the play offs. I mean it seems like it’s the same teams every year, not that it matters since everyone is just playing for second place to Bama.

It just makes it less exciting. I know the only years I’ve even been interested in the CFPbis when a team other than Bama has a shot. Which hasn’t happened in a while.

sign fits

Dp9cTuLVAAEjTaJ.jpg

We can at least say our kicker can catch a snap and get extra points. That’s one thing we have on Bama

You won’t see this type of dominance again in college football.

Bama is clearly head & shoulders above everyone else in the league.

Absolutely sickening considering it’s pretty much not even competitive anymore.

It’s going to take Pruitt at least 3/4 outstanding recruiting classes to even be in the same consideration as Bama.

Goodness Bama made LSU look like chum last night. Damn!!!!! LSU probably just lost their shot at the playoff...just give Bama the damn trophy already and call the season over!!!

You won’t see this type of dominance again in college football.

Bama is clearly head & shoulders above everyone else in the league.

Absolutely sickening considering it’s pretty much not even competitive anymore.

It’s going to take Pruitt at least 3/4 outstanding recruiting classes to even be in the same consideration as Bama.

Even then it wont be close. Saban had 7 straight #1 classes. And he is contracted through 2024 I think. And lets face it, when he doesnt finish #1, he will probably not finish lower than #3. So even if Pruitt got top 5 classes, that still wont get us close. During the game they put up a graphic that showed Saban has had a first round draft pick at every single position on both sides of the ball.

Until Saban retires, we are just going to have to play catch up and second fiddle.

Goodness Bama made LSU look like chum last night. Damn!!!!! LSU probably just lost their shot at the playoff...just give Bama the damn trophy already and call the season over!!!

I think the lack of talent caught up last night. My window for LSU remains 2019-2020 if they can get a good 2019 class, they're not quite there. Personnel wise Alabama is 1 or 2 steps up for sure. The only place I could see LSU was better was the secondary and maybe the kicking game.

LSU:

DL: Average
OLB: Way below average (with Chassion out)
ILB: Good to Elite
CB: Elite
S: Good to Elite

OL: Way Below average
TE: Average
RB: Below average
WR: Good
Q: Average

= loss against Alabama

Talent gap is way too much, recruiting is going to have to get better to take the next step against Bama. The good news, as far as the season, LSU could finish with 10-11 wins with the current #1 SOS through this week. LSU needs to close on some of these guys in the 2019 class to get to the next step. Coach O has done a decent job with what he had but recruiting has to be better or it will continue to be the same result. The other somewhat good news ignoring the romp is all these guys will be coming back for the most part, but LSU needs more pieces in the trenches.

Last edited:
If Bama does end up winning it all again. I wonder if a NFL team does come calling. He just goes on. But what would it take in cash value for him to leave

I think the lack of talent caught up last night. My window for LSU remains 2019-2020 if they can get a good 2019 class, they're not quite there. Personnel wise Alabama is 1 or 2 steps up for sure. The only place I could see LSU was better was the secondary and maybe the kicking game.

LSU:

DL: Average
OLB: Way below average (with Chassion out)
ILB: Good to Elite
CB: Elite
S: Good to Elite

OL: Way Below average
TE: Average
RB: Below average
WR: Good
Q: Average

= loss against Alabama

Talent gap is way too much, recruiting is going to have to get better to take the next step against Bama. The good news, as far as the season, LSU could finish with 10-11 wins with the current #1 SOS through this week. LSU needs to close on some of these guys in the 2019 class to get to the next step. Coach O has done a decent job with what he had but recruiting has to be better or it will continue to be the same result. The other somewhat good news ignoring the romp is all these guys will be coming back for the most part, but LSU needs more pieces in the trenches.
I like your enthusiasm but 2 or 3 recruiting cycles isn't going to bring LSU or any other team(including Tennessee) to Bamas level.

If Bama does end up winning it all again. I wonder if a NFL team does come calling. He just goes on. But what would it take in cash value for him to leave

He's beyond coaching for any amount of money now. He's coaching for his legacy; he wants to be known by consensus as the greatest coach in college football history. And at this rate, he might get it.

Part of that QB problem is lack of high profile OC. Remember, Kiffin goes to LSU had he not gotten the FAU gig. No way Kiffin doesn’t get some prodigy QB recruit at LSU.
From what you said before they already have their high profile guy woh Burrow. Changed your mind or do you think it’s all in the OC?

From what you said before they already have their high profile guy woh Burrow. Changed your mind or do you think it’s all in the OC?

They haven’t had a top QB with a top OC since the Jimbo days.... pretty clear that lack of quality OC’s have been their problem for the greater part of a decade

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
They haven’t had a top QB with a top OC since the Jimbo days.... pretty clear that lack of quality OC’s have been their problem for the greater part of a decade
No question over the past decade plus they had issues there but not the entire time. They almost always had QB issues though. I’m definitely surprised they went with Ensminger but I don’t think he was the reason they lost badly last night. Bama is simply better.

He's beyond coaching for any amount of money now. He's coaching for his legacy; he wants to be known by consensus as the greatest coach in college football history. And at this rate, he might get it.

He already is the unquestioned GOAT. If anyone still thinks the Bear is even in Sabans league then they are clueless.

VN Store

Back