S.E.C. East Championship Game, Cats vs Dogs

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
2BF6A1FC-E680-4104-8C28-BFEA81BE6347.jpeg

Biggest football game in Kentucky history?
Does Kentucky have a chance against Georgia?

UK hasn’t faced an offense like Georgia’s all year.

Clearly the Dogs are the more talented/quicker team that can put up points in a hurry.

Wilson will have to play near a perfect game because Georgia’s defense will stack the box and force him to throw.

Georgia will win the division. UK will settle for a early Jan bowl if they finish 8-4 or better. Bama likely will be 12-0 going into championship weekend and will be the only unbeaten CFP team...
I don’t think Clemson will lose. ND has a decent shot at running the table but I think they’ll trip somewhere.

Kentucky is one-dimensional offensively while Georgia can hurt you in the air and on the ground.

I expect this game to be a blowout.

Clearly the Dogs are the more talented/quicker team that can put up points in a hurry.

Wilson will have to play near a perfect game because Georgia’s defense will stack the box and force him to throw.
I think it’ll be similar to the Florida game. Should be close for a while but UGA pulls away in the end.

Hard to believe this is true..
Kentucky football is ensured a winning record in the SEC for the first time in 41 years

Georgia hasn't faced a defense like Kentucky.

Kentucky faced and shut down a pretty good offense in Mizzou.

Georgia is a 9 pt favorite but I think it is closer than many expect.

Shock the world, Cats!

Kentucky is one-dimensional offensively while Georgia can hurt you in the air and on the ground.

I expect this game to be a blowout.
And yet Wilson passed for more yards than Lock on Saturday.

Georgia should win but I don't see a blowout.

UGA will beat UK by 3 scores at least. UK will hang tough in the first half though. The moment is just too big for UK, and they have virtually no pass game. It will cost them

A little historical perspective for you all. Kentucky has not played on this big of a national stage since 1950 when the 10-0 Cats rolled into Knoxville for a season-ending game with the Vols. A freakish 6-inch snowfall complicated matters, and Tennessee won 7-0. The Cats would go on to defeat Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl that year. It's literally been 68 years- since a regular season game of that import for the Cats.

So, the stage may be TOO big, as some have posited.

Either way, it's going to be enjoyable as a fan with all the hype and lead-up. The national attention is fun, even if for a bit.

Go Cats!

And yet he threw for more yards than Drew Lock on Saturday.

That last drive was crazy, gave up two sacks in the final min and 30 maybe? And was still able to pull out a win with 000 on the clock.
You guys must be on a " mission from god"

This.

UK has the best (tied with Clemson) scoring defense in college football

A testament to Mark Stoops but also to having a good group of seniors develop under a consistent coaching staff year after year.
They are going to be calling for Gran's head though with just how poorly the offense has been. You just can't be one dimensional this far into the season and expect to beat a Georgia. They'll need to find a bit more passing game.

All that said, KY probably doesn't mind being the underdog at this point. According to ESPN they had a 12.9% chance to beat Florida, a 25.3% chance to beat Miss St, as well as being underdogs to SC and Missouri. ESPN gives them a 19% chance to beat Georgia.

VN Store

Back