Did we have a scrimmage this weekend?

We did, but the well of info is dry as a popeyes biscuit. (btw, popeyes biscuits are amazing)

The report from TOS is that both teams agreed not to take stats. Only thing we will get is eyewitness accounts and the final score.

The report from TOS is that both teams agreed not to take stats. Only thing we will get is eyewitness accounts and the final score.
So dumb. I get why they do these games (better competition), but treating it like an Area 51-level, top-secret mission is just dumb. By choosing this type of environment and game that is closed to the public, they have robbed the fans of an additional opportunity to see them in action in a typical exhibition setting. The trade off would be acceptable if they weren't so secretive with the details.

So dumb. I get why they do these games (better competition), but treating it like an Area 51-level, top-secret mission is just dumb. By choosing this type of environment and game that is closed to the public, they have robbed the fans of an additional opportunity to see them in action in a typical exhibition setting. The trade off would be acceptable if they weren't so secretive with the details.
Open door policy we were talking about last week.

I’m pretty positive that the reason they’re allowed to do that in first place is because they have to be so secretive.

All this black ops level secrecy is especially annoying when our current team is on the cusp of possibly the best season ever in Vol Basketball history.
Vol fans everywhere are champing at the bit for any tidbit we can get in the pre-season, so it seems a bit unfair to the supporters of this team to withhold information.

Last edited:
All this black ops level secrecy is especially annoying when our current team is on the cusp of possibly the best season ever in Vol Basketball history.

There is a reason behind the secrecy.

I heard from a close source that the scrimmage wasn’t against Davidson, it was against the Monstars.

We actually joined forces with Davidson, who brought back Alum Steph Curry.

Apparently it was a close game, but we saved the universe in double OT.

I’m pretty positive that the reason they’re allowed to do that in first place is because they have to be so secretive.
They can't televise it or sell tickets. Only stipulations I'm aware of. Never heard a rule that says that they can't keep stats and allow media to attend and report on the event.

Right now, I'm more worried about Wednesday's game not showing up on my ESPN sec net+ app yet.

Ut says it will be on.... for the record, they didn’t advertise the Louisville game vs bellarmine yesterday and it wound up being on there.

They can't televise it or sell tickets. Only stipulations I'm aware of. Never heard a rule that says that they can't keep stats and allow media to attend and report on the event.

Media isn't allowed for sure. I know they can't publicize the score even if they keep it

Supposedly Vols won by 20. TOS had some posts talking about it.

Huge if true.

Would love to know who our first few guys off the bench were. With Lamonte likely seeing a lot more time at Point Guard there will be some minutes available on the perimeter for someone like Yves. Wonder how DJ Burns’ minutes compared to Walker and Fulkerson’s. I’d also assume that Barnes will stick to the same starting 5 that we had for most of last season...

Anybody have some answers yet?

I don’t think the score part is true, multiple scores have been “released” along with box scores

He is what I believe to be true. The reason is I know it is true for baseball which is allowing fall games this year for the first time in a long time.

Games played with regulation times i.e. 40min score can be kept and reported. If you play any variation of that you can't keep score or report it.

VN Store

Back