I need and want to say this...

Mack wants huge money. They saved the $ and got 2 1st rounders from Bears, right? Sucks for this yr but, long term, they won that battle. They got big money to sign free agent and 2studs coming. Gruden has 5 yr deal at least. Year 1isnt going to kill him.

Yeah sure. So the Raiders gave him 10 million a year to play the waiting game. Lol. He was paid that to win NOW. Here you are giving Gruden time but in another post you are already criticizing Pruitt. Then he trades away one of the best defensive players in the NFL. Mack is an absolute game changer that has earned his money. Thats the type of guy you build a team around. Banking on getting someone like him in the draft is big time risky.

Reactions: DC_Vol
Yeah sure. So the Raiders gave him 10 million a year to play the waiting game. Lol. He was paid that to win NOW. Here you are giving Gruden time but in another post you are already criticizing Pruitt. Then he trades away one of the best defensive players in the NFL. Mack is an absolute game changer that has earned his money. Thats the type of guy you build a team around. Banking on getting someone like him in the draft is big time risky.

They just traded Cooper for another #1 pick. They have 3 this coming yr and 2 the following. They are building to have a top team when they move into Vegas in 2 yrs. Think what you want but it looks, smells and walks like a rebuild job.

My criticism of Pruitt has been 100% of his game day/in game decisions. I realize the talent and leadership void he inherited. Im just not impressed with his “feel for the game” thus far. I’m not a gruden supporter for Tennessee but it’s clear to me they are building for the future and that is Vegas for them.

Reactions: MaTaLa and VOL_Lyfe
Sorry but Raider haters don't get the context here. He signed a TEN YEAR CONTRACT. TEN!!! Dude is playing the looong game, setting things up (roster, salary cap, drafting) for the long run. These are things, as cfb fans, we don't have to account for. But he knows he has 10 years and is setting things up for 3-4 years down the road.
Yeah.....letting Mack go was a mistake, not a set up.

Nick Saban sucked in the NFL but is miles better than anyone in college football.

I wanted Gruden but knew it was very unlikely he’d walk into the dumpster fire that the Administration put us in.

Gruden’s style is a better fit in college.

That was always my thought and why I believed he was coming. I felt like he looked at Saban and believed he could do the exact same thing here. Difference being Saban wasn’t 8-10 years removed from coaching when he went to Bama. Guess we will never know.

Oakland is cutting cap space and tanking to load up on high draft picks and create excitement for the move. Gruden will be coaching in the super bowl again before we appear in the SECCG.

I wanted him. I believed he would be the best option and would light a fire in recruiting, put us on the map INSTANTLY and every 5* recruit would want to come play for him. Surely he hadn’t forgotten how to coach and his passion to teach, love for the game and ability to bring NFL coaches with him would make him an instant hit.

I believed. The dots connected perfectly and in the age of social media, it’s easy for information to flow easier than before. I still believe it was going to happen and Currie even lied to him. (I don’t want to argue about that so please don’t read into this post in that regard.)

However, all of that being said, I’m glad Gruden isn’t our coach. He looks lost on the sideline and has made 2 of the worst decisions ever by a head coach.

He may pan out in the long run for the Raiders but he looks awful to the point I wonder if he regrets going back to the sideline.

Anyway, as an original Grudenite, I’ll always wonder what he would’ve done at TN a few years ago but that ship has sailed and I’m happy he’s in Oakland and not in Knoxville.
What are the two terrible decisions you speak of?

I wanted him. I believed he would be the best option and would light a fire in recruiting, put us on the map INSTANTLY and every 5* recruit would want to come play for him. Surely he hadn’t forgotten how to coach and his passion to teach, love for the game and ability to bring NFL coaches with him would make him an instant hit.

I believed. The dots connected perfectly and in the age of social media, it’s easy for information to flow easier than before. I still believe it was going to happen and Currie even lied to him. (I don’t want to argue about that so please don’t read into this post in that regard.)

However, all of that being said, I’m glad Gruden isn’t our coach. He looks lost on the sideline and has made 2 of the worst decisions ever by a head coach.

He may pan out in the long run for the Raiders but he looks awful to the point I wonder if he regrets going back to the sideline.

Anyway, as an original Grudenite, I’ll always wonder what he would’ve done at TN a few years ago but that ship has sailed and I’m happy he’s in Oakland and not in Knoxville.
I like Jon Gruden as a coordinator, much like few other coaches, I think he's better suited for that role. He's practically .500 as an HC and a game over in the playoffs. He won the SB with Dungy's team against his former. He's knew Oakland's offense better than anyone, they never had a chance. I'm not saying that he won't be successful back in Oakland, I just think it's unlikely.

Oakland is cutting cap space and tanking to load up on high draft picks and create excitement for the move. Gruden will be coaching in the super bowl again before we appear in the SECCG.

That’s pretty cynical of you to say...this means we’ll never get into the SECCG

You are officially disinvited to Beaver's black tie tailgate

Attachments

• 337979557d235edec202de16197355a0--backyard-parties-outdoor-parties.jpg
    337979557d235edec202de16197355a0--backyard-parties-outdoor-parties.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1
Gruden has a 10 year contract. They don't care what happens until 2020. Gruden and the players to come are for the Vegas market. NFL is a different animal because you can buy your players out in the open. Hiring an unproven guy like Pruitt in college all your sizzle is going to follow wins. Auburn was a good win but overall the skillet is cold. Pruitt needs a few more conference games to put the pop back into the recruiting class or he won't be getting those 25 who play the right way.

Reactions: Devo182
He was never coming here. Never. Ever. It was a joke he decided to have fun with and trolled the living daylights out of people like you. That’s all.

Its always interested me that the fact that some fans wanted something they thought would be the greatest thing since sliced bread, bothers so many people, "people like you" just because they don't think it would happen. Some of you guys act like these people think the moon is flat.

Go ahead, explain it for the millionth time exactly why you think people like him are stupid, maybe this time I'll understand.

Its always interested me that the fact that some fans wanted something they thought would be the greatest thing since sliced bread, bothers so many people, "people like you" just because they don't think it would happen. Some of you guys act like these people think the moon is flat.

Go ahead, explain it for the millionth time exactly why you think people like him are stupid, maybe this time I'll understand.

Chill Behr. I simply meant that Gruden enjoyed trolling the believers. People like you was just another way to say true believers, since the OP was clearly that

Chill Behr. I simply meant that Gruden enjoyed trolling the believers. People like you was just another way to say true believers, since the OP was clearly that

Have you followed the conspiracy around Qanon? I read some articles the other night and it’s crazy how easy it is to follow “crumbs” that make sense. People swear it’s legit. (Not being political, just using it as an example) I know this: I ate it up. From early October to the Pruitt hire, I was engulfed in this forum everyday. It sucked me in and I couldn’t get way. It wasn’t healthy. Lol. 😳 All of that being said, I bet there were a lot more people screaming “he’s never coming here!” all the while following along hoping he would. Anyway, good times. 👊🏼

Sorry but Raider haters don't get the context here. He signed a TEN YEAR CONTRACT. TEN!!! Dude is playing the looong game, setting things up (roster, salary cap, drafting) for the long run. These are things, as cfb fans, we don't have to account for. But he knows he has 10 years and is setting things up for 3-4 years down the road.
I think he's cleaning house for the long haul as you say. Right now they have three 1st round draft picks after all their moves.

VN Store

Back