The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I think it can't be if they continue the momentum
Thought it a couple times under Butch only to be let down. This is the result of solid coaching though apparently.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
EY hopefully EMan makes the cav’s regular season squad. I can see a guy like that doing well in the D League and then getting the NBA call up at the end of the year and carving out a full-time role on the Cavs as a scrapper who gets rebounds and makes hustle plays while Kevin Love stays around the 3 point line waiting for a dish and not doing any of the dirty work.

Reactions: edyeary
I think it can't be if they continue the momentum
Thought it a couple times under Butch only to be let down. This is the result of solid coaching though apparently.
Looked more to me like they finally gained some confidence in JG and let him throw it down the field. Those constant dink here and dink there then run made it unwatchable.

Reactions: edyeary
Thoughts on Hayward’s new shoe? I believe it’s his first sig show.

Attachments

• 8B3DBE92-469D-4B8A-86AB-B97C9EEE7239.jpeg
    8B3DBE92-469D-4B8A-86AB-B97C9EEE7239.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 8
I expect the SEC to be a top tier conference again this year, and very competitive.

Improving the coaching quality has helped the entire conference as a high tide raises all boats.

Getting way more teams into the tournament now and for the foreseeable future.

On another note, this one for all the Will Wade droolers, there is possibly a reason he wasn’t given the time of day when we hired Barnes. His name has now been revealed thru testimony in the FBI investigation and court hearings as someone “prepared to offer illegal payments to sign elite players” by Christian Dawkins and Merl Code, according to ESPN.

Last edited:
On another note, this one for all the Will Wade droolers, there is possibly a reason he wasn’t given the time of day when we hired Barnes. His name has now been revealed thru testimony in the FBI investigation and court hearings as someone “prepared to offer illegal payments to sign elite players” by Christian Dawkins and Merl score, according to ESPN.

Yup...people kept pointing out him and Avery Johnson, Bruce Pearl and Ben Howland as coaches recruiting so much better than Barnes. They didn’t want to hear that Barnes wasn’t willing to even get near the gray area and said it was an excuse, obviously not as you’ve seen most of those schools mentioned to some degree.

Reactions: Stoked
Was just getting ready post this with the exact headline...”Game changer”.

Will the teams ultimately decide who? Meaning does a player have to reach out and get a feel from G-League teams as to if they will sign him or not? Is there a deadline for when, or can at the last minute a team say they’ll take a guy they previously said they wouldn’t and thus he leaves his college team hanging?

Will the teams ultimately decide who? Meaning does a player have to reach out and get a feel from G-League teams as to if they will sign him or not? Is there a deadline for when, or can at the last minute a team say they’ll take a guy they previously said they wouldn’t and thus he leaves his college team hanging?
A lot of those details are mentioned as things yet to be determined.

On another note, this one for all the Will Wade droolers, there is possibly a reason he wasn’t given the time of day when we hired Barnes. His name has now been revealed thru testimony in the FBI investigation and court hearings as someone “prepared to offer illegal payments to sign elite players” by Christian Dawkins and Merl Code, according to ESPN.

There is no doubt that something was going on with his recruiting. I know it's college basketball, and some people think it's normal for coaches to do that. He has committed more than just local players.

Yup...people kept pointing out him and Avery Johnson, Bruce Pearl and Ben Howland as coaches recruiting so much better than Barnes. They didn’t want to hear that Barnes wasn’t willing to even get near the gray area and said it was an excuse, obviously not as you’ve seen most of those schools mentioned to some degree.

And Texas has been mentioned...Wade must have learned it from Shaka.

Looking at that photo, I guess I thought Kent was thicker or was heavier. Only 225.

What are the reasonable expectations for him this year? Can we expect him to contribute in spots and stretch the floor?

BTW, BTO's new avi is getting me confused with Chris. When you visit this site as much as most of us do, your brain subconsciously knows a poster by the avatar, and I keep getting them confused.

VN Store

Back