iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone 10R

Thinking about coming back to apple. Have the pixel 2 XL right now and looking to upgrade. How is the XS Max?

Thinking about coming back to apple. Have the pixel 2 XL right now and looking to upgrade. How is the XS Max?
Fantastic. Best iPhone yet. Pixel 3 looks to be solid too though.

Fantastic. Best iPhone yet. Pixel 3 looks to be solid too though.
Yeah love my pixel 2 XL and want the 3 but my truck's media thingy works so much better with apple than Android......like noticeably better.

How about the 8 plus, am I missing out on a ton going with the 8 plus and saving nearly 600 bucks? Lol.....like the 8 plus has the newer software right?

Yeah love my pixel 2 XL and want the 3 but my truck's media thingy works so much better with apple than Android......like noticeably better.

How about the 8 plus, am I missing out on a ton going with the 8 plus and saving nearly 600 bucks? Lol.....like the 8 plus has the newer software right?
I think the biggest difference between the two is the screen, IMO. 8 plus is still solid though, I just don’t like the huge top and bottom bezels. You don’t see that much anymore in 2018. Even the budget android phones have small bezels.

But the 8 plus does run iOS 12 so you aren’t missing anything software wise.

Reactions: BearCat204

Do you think you would prefer the home button with fingerprint scanner better or facial recognition and animated emojis?

I think the biggest difference between the two is the screen, IMO. 8 plus is still solid though, I just don’t like the huge top and bottom bezels. You don’t see that much anymore in 2018. Even the budget android phones have small bezels.

But the 8 plus does run iOS 12 so you aren’t missing anything software wise.

Yea but I don’t think they could make the home button any smaller with the fingerprint scanner. They could probably make the top one smaller but not sure how that would work for the display and it would look disproportionally weird.

Do you think you would prefer the home button with fingerprint scanner better or facial recognition and animated emojis?
Yeah the physical button or without doesn't matter too much to me. Think I have decided just to get the 8 plus now and wait for the bigger upgrade next September.

Yeah the physical button or without doesn't matter too much to me. Think I have decided just to get the 8 plus now and wait for the bigger upgrade next September.
Just go with the X. Its a good in-between from the 8 and the 10s

*hearing the thing about apple play pretty much just kept me on team apple. Our Outlander has it (though Ive never tried an android with it).

Car Play is pretty legit. I had pretty much dismissed it until I drove a rental that had it.

Just go with the X. Its a good in-between from the 8 and the 10s

*hearing the thing about apple play pretty much just kept me on team apple. Our Outlander has it (though Ive never tried an android with it).
I looked at them in store and decided on the 8 plus. X is too small and the XS Plus doesn’t really add enough for me for the 4 or 5 hundred difference.

This truck is the only one I have attempted to use my phone with and the Android is terrible.

I looked at them in store and decided on the 8 plus. X is too small and the XS Plus doesn’t really add enough for me for the 4 or 5 hundred difference.

This truck is the only one I have attempted to use my phone with and the Android is terrible.
Too small? It has a bigger screen at least. I was glad to get a smaller phone with a bigger screen. I had the 6s+ and that thing is too big

Too small? It has a bigger screen at least. I was glad to get a smaller phone with a bigger screen. I had the 6s+ and that thing is too big
Yes, the X is too small for me. The XS Max is the right size, but that price tag is a bit much for the upgrade. Look forward to seeing a redesign next year..::at least a redesign that gets rid of that notch :)

Yes, the X is too small for me. The XS Max is the right size, but that price tag is a bit much for the upgrade. Look forward to seeing a redesign next year..::at least a redesign that gets rid of that notch :)

I doubt the notch is going anywhere. I could get $565 for my X towards the XS Max, but I don't see any real improvement to make the jump

I’ve been using iPhones for several years and I never ever use screen protectors. Apple even discourages it, saying they spend a lot of money making those screens tough and scratch-resistant, and screen protectors defeat the purpose of the oleophobic coating on the glass that resists fingerprints and smudges.

I’ve never had a scratched iPhone screen. I’m still rocking a 6 now, got it when they first came out, and there’s not a scratch on it.

First iPhone was a 6. scratched. tons of finger prints. shows prints like crazy. charge port went bad. got an SE. scratched. shows finger prints. Charger port went bad. Replaced with another SE. So far no scratches. My sons 7 has a scratch. Screens are no better/no worse than any other high end phone.

But, I will say as everyone spends their grand on a new iPhone, my SE works great, does pretty much anything. Prob does a lot I don't know how to tell it to. And it's 64 gig.

The 10R may be the 'best value' of the new line.

I don't see a big enough difference in the X to get any one the new ones, but for someone making the jump, the 10R is probably the way to go

I like the new battery health tracker, though I wonder how accurate it is

After messing with the phone for a couple of days one thing that stands out is the processing speed. It's much faster than the X. Same with the camera. Yes the mp is the same but the photos are much clearer and works with the light better.

After messing with the phone for a couple of days one thing that stands out is the processing speed. It's much faster than the X. Same with the camera. Yes the mp is the same but the photos are much clearer and works with the light better.
The consensus seems to be that it’s a greatnesses phone for the price.

The consensus seems to be that it’s a great phone for the price.

VN Store

Back