iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone 10R

Has anyone updated to iOS12? Any issues?

I’m not a fan of the update to iMessage in regards to attaching images. When you hit the camera icon now it opens the camera then you have to reach to the upper left to get to the camera roll. It’s digging annoying.

While it was nice to snap a pick in iMessage on occasion, I have a hard time believing the majority of people use it for that.

I’ve gotten over the headphone jack. I have like 4 sets of the lightning earbuds Around plus a few dongles. Had some AirPods and loved them.... until I left them in some jeans pockets as it went through the wash. Actually the pods still work but it ruined the charging case.
I do a little more hi fi stuff than most. I'm also a sound engineer so I need it to hook up to the sound board.

I’m not a fan of the update to iMessage in regards to attaching images. When you hit the camera icon now it opens the camera then you have to reach to the upper left to get to the camera roll. It’s digging annoying.

While it was nice to snap a pick in iMessage on occasion, I have a hard time believing the majority of people use it for that.

Yea they regressed with this change. That tiny camera was good enough in the rare occasions I was taking a pic instead of attaching one.

I’ve read there are issues with dropped calls and charging problems with the iOS 12 update. Any one experienced that?

Anybody having issues with Screen Time? Mind resets randomly throughout the day. For example, I'll use the phone in the morning, check screen time, and see where it notes 30 minutes of use. Later in the day I'll check it again after having used it for a few hours, and the counter might say 20 minutes. It's resetting to zero at various points throughout the day, several times a day, and not calculating the total.

Anybody having issues with Screen Time? Mind resets randomly throughout the day. For example, I'll use the phone in the morning, check screen time, and see where it notes 30 minutes of use. Later in the day I'll check it again after having used it for a few hours, and the counter might say 20 minutes. It's resetting to zero at various points throughout the day, several times a day, and not calculating the total.

Have you checked to make sure you haven't been inadvertently time traveling?

Just bought an XS Max...how come the predictive emojis don’t appear as I type text? I have the emoji keyboard enabled...

Just bought an XS Max...how come the predictive emojis don’t appear as I type text? I have the emoji keyboard enabled...

Not sure why yours isn’t working. The predictive emojis pop up above the keyboard for me when typing.

Congrats on the phone and bravo on not letting Ben talk you into a Samsung. 😬

Reactions: GreatWhiteNorth
Went with the Tech21 case (Evocheck) - while it's about as small as you can get it still makes the phone feel bigger.

Also went with the Zagg - Invisible Shield glass+ but I butchered the application. Hope I break it soon so I can get the free replacement.
I got the otterbox symmetry case. I’ve never been a big fan of otterbox but wanted a bit more protection since I’m switching back the the large phone. It’s still slim with it on.

Also you might try the Belkin screen protectors they sell at the Apple store. They seem to go on a little easier than the zagg, at least for me. Mine is literally perfect. I put the zagg on my wife’s phone and got some bubbles. Could be user error though.

I got the otterbox symmetry case. I’ve never been a big fan of otterbox but wanted a bit more protection since I’m switching back the the large phone. It’s still slim with it on.

Also you might try the Belkin screen protectors they sell at the Apple store. They seem to go on a little easier than the zagg, at least for me. Mine is literally perfect. I put the zagg on my wife’s phone and got some bubbles. Could be user error though.
I know Otterbox makes a Tennessee case.

Not sure why yours isn’t working. The predictive emojis pop up above the keyboard for me when typing.

Congrats on the phone and bravo on not letting Ben talk you into a Samsung. 😬
So it’s strange...I got the emojis to work in iMessage, but they won’t work in a forum setting like here on VN...

So it’s strange...I got the emojis to work in iMessage, but they won’t work in a forum setting like here on VN...
Maybe take a screenshot when you are replying so we can see what you’re seeing exactly.

The Zagg was 90% good but I took it off and tried again - 75% good - took it off and tried again - 50% - my fault but I bailed on it and am just using the case.

Is it feasible to use screen protectors front and back with no case?

The Zagg was 90% good but I took it off and tried again - 75% good - took it off and tried again - 50% - my fault but I bailed on it and am just using the case.

Is it feasible to use screen protectors front and back with no case?
I’ve seen screen protectors for the back on amazon.

I’ve been using iPhones for several years and I never ever use screen protectors. Apple even discourages it, saying they spend a lot of money making those screens tough and scratch-resistant, and screen protectors defeat the purpose of the oleophobic coating on the glass that resists fingerprints and smudges.

I’ve never had a scratched iPhone screen. I’m still rocking a 6 now, got it when they first came out, and there’s not a scratch on it.

I’ve been using iPhones for several years and I never ever use screen protectors. Apple even discourages it, saying they spend a lot of money making those screens tough and scratch-resistant, and screen protectors defeat the purpose of the oleophobic coating on the glass that resists fingerprints and smudges.

I’ve never had a scratched iPhone screen. I’m still rocking a 6 now, got it when they first came out, and there’s not a scratch on it.

I’ve never had a problem with scratches on my phone screen either. But my watch has several on it and I thought it was supposed to have a thought glass.

I’ve never had a problem with scratches on my phone screen either. But my watch has several on it and I thought it was supposed to have a thought glass.

Yeah, that would be an interesting test for me. I don't wear an Apple watch but the watches I wear take a beating just around the office, knocking hard against door frames, handrails, desks, whatever. I'm not particularly careful with my phone but it doesn't take that kind of beating.

VN Store

Back