What I was most dissapointed in.

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper
I think I am most dissapointed because I had higher expectations for Pruitt.

I had higher expectations that he would at least have this team ready to compete against a bad UF squad.

All I read or heard last year is that we were a competent coach away from winning winnable games, and this one was winnable.

I also grew to expect embarrassing antics from Lane, Dooley, and Butch. I did not expect to see antics from Pruitt in his first SEC game as a HC.

I am sure there are defenses and excuses, or rationalizations for kicked white boards, risky back firing calls, and penalties against a coach but I expected more.

/End rant
I still think he can do it. But hell I believed Dooley and Butch could too, for a time.

What you heard last year is irrevelent.....or something. It.doesnt matter that last year everyone said we had good talent and we were wasting it with a bad coach. The narrative now is we have the greatest coach of all time and he simply has zero good players. And you better accept that narrative or you are a loser, banwagon fan that knows nothing about football.......or something

I’m the most disappointed that we always seem to be flat. WVU and FL especially. The other two I don’t care. Look beat when we run on the field.

The team is not playing cohesive football. I believe that many players havent fully bought in to the new coaching staff. Until that happens, expect more of the same play we have seen.

Reactions: FïreBall
I understand your frustration, but I think a lot of the mistakes that were made in the game were due to the players. I know Pruitt is the head coach and all responsibility is on him, but there’s not much you can do when your guys just fumble the ball or miss an assignment. I’m sure Pruitt has taught them to hold on to the ball and take care of their man.

The defense gave up a few big plays, but I think they played decent. Especially given some of the situations they were put in. Now the offensive play calling was terrible and I think that really hampered the offense all night. We were very predictable which allowed Florida to key in on us. We still have to support Pruitt and give him time. He inherited a mess. I am just looking for some progress and improvement throughout the year.

I think I am most dissapointed because I had higher expectations for Pruitt.

I had higher expectations that he would at least have this team ready to compete against a bad UF squad.

All I read or heard last year is that we were a competent coach away from winning winnable games, and this one was winnable.

I also grew to expect embarrassing antics from Lane, Dooley, and Butch. I did not expect to see antics from Pruitt in his first SEC game as a HC.

I am sure there are defenses and excuses, or rationalizations for kicked white boards, risky back firing calls, and penalties against a coach but I expected more.

/End rant
I still think he can do it. But hell I believed Dooley and Butch could too, for a time.

Antics.

I dont care if a coach brings a new puppy to kick every d#@n game. If the team looks like a D1 team I'm all in for him.

Of course I grew up loving Billy Martin, Tommy Lasorda and Earl Weaver go to work on umpires, so kicking a white board is kind of lame in my book. I told my wife once I saw the video I would have been much more impressed if he had picked it up and broke it over something..

What you heard last year is irrevelent.....or something. It.doesnt matter that last year everyone said we had good talent and we were wasting it with a bad coach. The narrative now is we have the greatest coach of all time and he simply has zero good players. And you better accept that narrative or you are a loser, banwagon fan that knows nothing about football.......or something

Agreed. I don’t know when we are going to get serious and hire someone with at least a proven track record as a head coach at a decent football school. I don’t think that is too much to ask. I don’t mean sabanesque but maybe Dan Mullenesque. Instead we get another “up and comer” and just hope he can win

Antics.

I dont care if a coach brings a new puppy to kick every d#@n game. If the team looks like a D1 team I'm all in for him.

Of course I grew up loving Billy Martin, Tommy Lasorda and Earl Weaver go to work on umpires, so kicking a white board is kind of lame in my book. I told my wife once I saw the video I would have been much more impressed if he had picked it up and broke it over something..
That would have been the only entertainment value from that debacle. I am not condeming Pruitt by any stretch. I respect the passion, but I don't think it's asking too much to want a smidge above laughing stock.

That would have been the only entertainment value from that debacle. I am not condeming Pruitt by any stretch. I respect the passion, but I don't think it's asking too much to want a smidge above laughing stock.

Agreed. If he went hulk on the white board it wouldnt have been much of a laughing matter...

Oh look, another thread blaming butch.
I'm not claiming Pruitt is the Messiah. But I do think it's unfair to be critical at this point, he deserves at least 3 years to get a decent team together

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
Need a spark of life from a QB. I remember in 2010 when Bray replaced Simms. Looked like a different animal.
I don’t think JG is the issue. I think Chryst is similar to Simms and doesn’t have enough arm to stretch the field.

Getting over powered at times is the thing that worries me because I don't think it is a quick fix. Blocking schemes and leverage can be corrected. On offense we get pushed back into the backs or qb. On the defense they stand us up and we can't seem to get to get the push we need.

Reactions: 1985Vols
I'm not claiming Pruitt is the Messiah. But I do think it's unfair to be critical at this point, he deserves at least 3 years to get a decent team together
Have said multiple times he gets 3 years. Doesnt mean we cant make judgments, share opinions and be critical of what we are currently seeing.

Have said multiple times he gets 3 years. Doesnt mean we cant make judgments, share opinions and be critical of what we are currently seeing.
I more speaking to the pitch fork mentality that some of us have not reasonable criticism. I can definitely identify with the feeling of being wasted on waiting though

When vegas says the Gators are 4 points better than us and we get blown out- well you have to look at the coaching aspect. It is unavoidable.

I more speaking to the pitch fork mentality that some of us have not reasonable criticism. I can definitely identify with the feeling of being wasted on waiting though
Yeah, I.think those wanting him gone now are either; just speaking out of anger.for.what they are.seeing, didnt want him in the first place because he is a bammer.Or they are just crazy. Either way, thats there right to think that.way, but it is a very very small minority or fans.

Need a spark of life from a QB. I remember in 2010 when Bray replaced Simms. Looked like a different animal.
Definitely some ice in Brays veins. That dude wanted to throw. Feels like none of our QBs since have that "I want to beat this team with my arm" mentality.

VN Store

Back