Jalen Hurd Struggling

OldLofter

From today’s Dallas Morning News. Offered without comment.

Jalen Hurd, a converted running back, made a promise after he let a ball slip through his grasp in the fourth quarter of the UT-San Antonio game: "I won't let it happen again, Hurd said.

However, good intentions don't always get the job done when a bullet pass is zipping your way and a free safety is lining you up. Hurd had two drops within the span of three plays against Duke, and leads the team with four drops on the year.

"Jalen Hurd stays after practice and probably catches 300 balls," Rhule said. "We just have to keep pushing."

He leads the team in catches, yards and TD's. He's already got 18 catches for 251 yards and 2 TD's starting in the slot. Does not sound like he's struggling to me. For comparison our top 2 WR's COMBINED have the same number of catches for 50 more yards and 0 TD's. Don't hate just to have he's doing fine and I for one hope he keeps it up 4 drops in 3 games when u put up those numbers isn't bad especially for a guy learning the position.

When he left I was one of those "HE QUIT HE's EVIL SCREW HIM" type of guys.. but now that we have more information about Butch and such, really don't fault the kid for wanting out of that situation.

He's from tennessee. Grew up a vols fan.. I wouldn't know, but I assume it took A LOT for him to want to move on.

I'm rooting for him.

From today’s Dallas Morning News. Offered without comment.

Jalen Hurd, a converted running back, made a promise after he let a ball slip through his grasp in the fourth quarter of the UT-San Antonio game: "I won't let it happen again, Hurd said.

However, good intentions don't always get the job done when a bullet pass is zipping your way and a free safety is lining you up. Hurd had two drops within the span of three plays against Duke, and leads the team with four drops on the year.

"Jalen Hurd stays after practice and probably catches 300 balls," Rhule said. "We just have to keep pushing."

Hurd is not struggling. He is proving himself as the best WR on that team

He made a mistake with how he quit but thats life. You live and learn and I think he has learned a valuable lesson . Like CTV said, Hurd loved the VOLS and was our best recruiter at one time.. Wish him the best

You know how it is, some of our fans are in love with hating in general. They usually find someone to target. Whether a Vols player, another fan, a former Vols player, or the dog that preferred Gravy Train instead of Kibble-n-Bits.

He dropped out of being a running back for a reason. He sees his best chance at next level success as a receiver and looks to be trying hard to learn that craft. It's not like he hasn't got some athleticism.

I don't blame Jalen one bit for leaving butch Jones but I'd say in time he will regret how he left. Young people will make mistakes, I've made many I dont like to think about

He didnt just quit Butch Jones. He quit his teammates and a team that was undefeated. Jones had every right to chew his ass out "Pruitt-style" after the fumble in Athens. Pruitt was alot harder on Johnson last week than CBJ was Hurd.

OldLofter said:
Jalen Hurd Struggling

That's odd. I was watching The Locker Room last Sunday night and the panel of Packer, Price, Swain and Simonton had nothing but acclamation for the job Hurd is doing down there at Baylor.

They also took the opportunity to make the comment, Thanks, Lyle!, for whatever was Jones' culpability in Hurd's decision to leave Tennessee.

He didnt just quit Butch Jones. He quit his teammates and a team that was undefeated. Jones had every right to chew his ass out "Pruitt-style" after the fumble in Athens. Pruitt was alot harder on Johnson last week than CBJ was Hurd.

Agreed.

We got fans (that's plural) who quit on their Vols and leave the stadium in mid-game. Remember when we fell behind the Gators? A bunch of folks left in disgust, only to find we rallied to win in the second half of the game. So if you're going to hate on Hurd, hate on the fans who quit as well. Maybe include Tennesseans who left the state to live and work elsewhere too. Be careful as that would include ole Davey Crockett. I'm not proud of what Hurd did and hate it as much as any without hating him. My take was that something must have happened big time for him to make that decision. Not being on the team or working for UT Vols, I didn't know what it was. But I knew whatever it was, the man had reached a breaking point. I know from experience and observation, people can break. Some handle it in extremely unfortunate ways, very unfortrunate ways.

VN Store

Back