Georgia is Tennessee’s new Florida

Vfl2407

When the divisions came to be, it was us and Florida for so long.
And, when expansion came, newcomer Mizzou took advantage of a weak east that nobody seemed to want.
But, now, it looks like that Georgia finally has their act together. They have recruited like the best Auburn look alike bagman would blush over. They are loaded and look to be so under Smart for the foreseeable future.
Meanwhile, Florida continues to run in place and Mullen doesn’t seem to be a recruiting juggernaut.

So, instead of us chasing Florida it looks like it will be Georgia.
Of course, right now we are chasing everyone.
But, I think that will change in a few years.
I think Pruitt has the right staff to get us the talent to go head to head with Georgia in a few years.
At least, we all hope so.

I understand your point, but Georgia will never be the new Florida in my book. I don't care if Florida stays in the abyss forever, which I hope happens, I will always have a level of hate for them that no other school can duplicate. However, objectively speaking, you're correct. Georgia is now in the driver's seat in the east.

I understand your point, but Georgia will never be the new Florida in my book. I don't care if Florida stays in the abyss forever, which I hope happens, I will always have a level of hate for them that no other school can duplicate. However, objectively speaking, you're correct. Georgia is now in the driver's seat in the east.

Old Tennessee fans would rather beat Alabama than Florida. New younger fans it is Florida. Georgia has always been the stepsister to those two. I would much rather beat Alabama than Florida.

I'd like to fast forward a couple years when we would actually be competitive with Alabama or Georgia...... UF is down hard like we are..... A team we have a chance to beat.

Old Tennessee fans would rather beat Alabama than Florida. New younger fans it is Florida. Georgia has always been the stepsister to those two. I would much rather beat Alabama than Florida.

Alabama, Georgia, then Florida. Alabama and Georgia are a 1a and 1c, meaning there is a gap, small, but a gap. Florida is 2.

At this point, the entire SEC East is TN's new Florida
Understandable. And, this October is really going to be painful. November may be too.
But, Pruitt knows what is needed to be at Georgia and Bamas current talent level.
He knows we have to sometimes beat them and Clemson and Ohio State and Other big names in head to head recruiting battles. Let’s hope he does so or we will continue to be irrelevant on the national scene.

When the divisions came to be, it was us and Florida for so long.
And, when expansion came, newcomer Mizzou took advantage of a weak east that nobody seemed to want.
But, now, it looks like that Georgia finally has their act together. They have recruited like the best Auburn look alike bagman would blush over. They are loaded and look to be so under Smart for the foreseeable future.
Meanwhile, Florida continues to run in place and Mullen doesn’t seem to be a recruiting juggernaut.

So, instead of us chasing Florida it looks like it will be Georgia.
Of course, right now we are chasing everyone.
But, I think that will change in a few years.
I think Pruitt has the right staff to get us the talent to go head to head with Georgia in a few years.
At least, we all hope so.
So what you are saying is we are screwed? Cause we still haven't figured out how to beat florida at their worst....soooooo looks like we are chasing both of them.

Im hoping we finally catch vandy and usc this year.

So what you are saying is we are screwed? Cause we still haven't figured out how to beat florida at their worst....soooooo looks like we are chasing both of them.

Im hoping we finally catch vandy and usc this year.

I’m just saying that the pecking order for the next few years might be:
Georgia and everybody else. They are just that good and their recruiting is off the charts.
That’s the bad part.
The good part is, in my opinion, I think we got the better deal with Pruitt and this staff than what Florida has.
But, Pruitt is gonna have to win some recruiting battles, be smart in the Juco and graduate transfer market, and then coach up what we get more than others in our division until we can go head to head again, talent wise, with Georgia and Bama.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
we have beaten georgia many , many more times in recent memory than florduh. Florida beat georgia as much as they beat Tennessee. Still hate goergia but not as much as florduh. Georgia also has 0 iconic coaches aside from the real Dooley. Spurrier to Urban meyer to will muschamp is impressive... and aggravating. Georgia has a totally different feel when we lose to them

You're right. I'm 33 and became a fan in the 90s, so I cut my teeth on my hatred for Florida.

You were not around when Bama was beating us every year and then we had them beat and let some schmuck run around the right end for a 2 point conversion and a tie!!! Those years sucked far worse then the Spurrier years

VN Store

Back