Thugs on ATV'S/Dirt Bikes Terrorize Streets

I first saw this in the latest Rocky movie. All of them riding wheelies on 4 wheelers and dirtbikes. I thought to myself, "those things are 2 stroke, so loud a cop in Philly could follow the sound from 10 blocks away. No way that ever happens." I doubt the movie inspired the trend, but i bet it made it more widespread. Lets face it, in those big cities like philly, chicago, heck even central atlanta...there is nowhere at all...zero...nowhere...that it is legal to ride a 4 wheeler or dirtbike. Cant exactly ride that around on a .25 acre lot...and with gentrification, those .25 acre lots downtown have half million dollar houses on them. Even in bad neighborhoods that havent been bought out yet...they are tiny lots with tiny crap houses on them. No room to ride. So how do these thugs get away with it? Seems like they would be heard and get pulled over before they made it 2 blocks from the house...a gang of 50 of them? You could hear that a mile away...riding wheelies requires throttle wide open...

Is this yet another symptom of cops hiding in plain sight ? The old "just our presence deters crime" stance has led to a bunch of cops sitting in parking lots or the side of the interstate on facebook all day looking for some strange....causes traffic problems, and lets thugs like this roam wild. Seriously...roll down your car windows and you can hear a dirtbike or 4 wheeler for a mile....no excuse for this

Had no idea the activity had been shown in a movie. I had never seen it nor heard of it until being almost in the middle of it in Nashville last summer.

Saw here in Memphis on the news a couple weeks ago a herd of about 40 or 50 atv’s running around downtown and tearing up the grass in a park. Didn’t know that was a thing.

I remember seeing the damage down there but had no idea that was the cause.

There’s plenty of places to ride around here. I don’t know why they would do that.

Well sona, you are in the lead for the top contributor to this thread so far, lol. What a show.

This stuff is a racial unrest waiting to happen. Any innocent motorist who happens to hit one will be instantly surrounded by the mob. Heaven forbid the motorist feels threatened enough to defend himself/herself with force (justifiably so) It's a "stand your ground" law tragedy in the making.

Reactions: davethevol
With as many as they have m. They’d stop you and drag you out of the car. Would t be hard sense you just got your car door ripped off.

Hard left and punch it. (centrifugal force keeps you going towards the center of the car so you don't fall out the big hole on the side of the car where the door used to be.)

This is obviously reckless and dangerous behavior but I have not seen any tie in with serious criminal activity. Kind of like a motorized flash mob. I don't know how you stop it. Nashville won't even allow pursuit. They sure won't allow spike stris for motorcycles.

This is obviously reckless and dangerous behavior but I have not seen any tie in with serious criminal activity. Kind of like a motorized flash mob. I don't know how you stop it. Nashville won't even allow pursuit. They sure won't allow spike stris for motorcycles.

Dragging a police officer doesn't count?

Reactions: volfannbama

VN Store

Back