Thugs on ATV'S/Dirt Bikes Terrorize Streets

FallCreekVols

Have seen this in Nashville twice now myself, punks on non-street legal four wheelers and dirt bikes speeding down city streets, running down sidewalks, in the median, between terrified cars splitting them on the dotted line. About half of them riding with front wheels up on wheelies. Latest spotting was near State Fairgrounds in Nashville yesterday. Made the local news complete with cell phone video. We are talking 50-100 in a gang.

Internet search finds that this has become a thing in many different cities. Anyone seen this in your area?

I’ve seen the individuals wearing masks on UTV’s and dirt bikes. But I have not seen any gangs.

They'll find some of them. With people in groups that large it's hard to keep them all quiet.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
I live in very rural Indiana but have never heard of this before in the bigger cities and can't believe it goes on with all the cops and stuff in the bigger cities. Now out here it's legal and VERY common for myself and others to drive ATV's/UTV's everywhere! Back roads, high ways whatever...hell you see UTV's at Wal-Marts. Do these gangs cause violence and destruction or just traffic nightmares by being stupid?

I live in very rural Indiana but have never heard of this before in the bigger cities and can't believe it goes on with all the cops and stuff in the bigger cities. Now out here it's legal and VERY common for myself and others to drive ATV's/UTV's everywhere! Back roads, high ways whatever...hell you see UTV's at Wal-Marts. Do these gangs cause violence and destruction or just traffic nightmares by being stupid?
HoosierVol, yes we live in the country too, and yes there are some ATV's on the roads. That's not what this is.

That is freaking insane! Can't believe I've never heard of this before now.....I gotta crackle out of the "wannabe" gangsters doing wheelies on mopeds!

Have seen this in Nashville twice now myself, punks on non-street legal four wheelers and dirt bikes speeding down city streets, running down sidewalks, in the median, between terrified cars splitting them on the dotted line. About half of them riding with front wheels up on wheelies. Latest spotting was near State Fairgrounds in Nashville yesterday. Made the local news complete with cell phone video. We are talking 50-100 in a gang.

Internet search finds that this has become a thing in many different cities. Anyone seen this in your area?
Open the car door.

That is freaking insane! Can't believe I've never heard of this before now.....I gotta crackle out of the "wannabe" gangsters doing wheelies on mopeds!

I know, right? I LOL'ed at that too.

I have now personally encountered this twice in Nashville.

run across them here in Atlanta on Peachtree St. There was a story a while back linking them to vandalism and some "minor" property destruction.

A friend of mine drove his motorcycle though West Town Mall in a meticulously planned, covert operation.

lol
When I was in high school, a guy rode his motorcycle down the hall of the school during class time. His particular plan wasn't meticulous enough to cover the fact that lots of people could identify his bike. Sure was funny as hell though.

A friend of mine drove his motorcycle though West Town Mall in a meticulously planned, covert operation.

Oh, what the hell, another quick tale loosely related to your post. Also in high school, I worked at a movie theater at a mall in a podunk town. One night I was out sweeping the sidewalk after the last shows had started and the mall in general was closed. There was a mall cop who used to park his mall cruiser at the end of our sidewalk while he went into the pizza joint next door, and that night when I was sweeping next to the car I saw he had left the keys in the ignition. So what else could I do?

By the time I came skidding back around the corner at the far end of the mall with the yellow lights on top going (sad there wasn't a siren), I saw him standing out on the sidewalk looking like an idiot. I came screeching to a stop in front of him, hopped out, and before he could start in on me I smiled and said, "Ought not leave your keys in the car like that," and tossed them to him. He seemed to think through a couple things for a moment and then muttered, "Nah, uhhh... I knew it was you."

It was a pretty lame response given that we only knew each other enough to make small talk in passing but it didn't matter. I just grabbed my broom and went back inside.

Saw here in Memphis on the news a couple weeks ago a herd of about 40 or 50 atv’s running around downtown and tearing up the grass in a park. Didn’t know that was a thing.

I'm guessing that these punks acquired these vehicles solely for causing trouble. I doubt they are hunting or farming with their ATV's or motocross racing on Sundays. Weird.

I'm guessing that these punks acquired these vehicles solely for causing trouble. I doubt they are hunting or farming with their ATV's or motocross racing on Sundays. Weird.
Because you can only use them for hunting, fishing or racing I guess

VN Store

Back