JJ Peterson's status, requirements and timetable after classes begin

Sad but hearing every day about how we are going to redshirt him and this and that sounded ridiculous. I was far from a scholar student but if he can’t be qualified to Tennessee how in the hell can he make semester to semester? Kid probably should get his academics in line and get help at a jr. college and then apply in next season or 2.

A little birdie, with a yellow bill, landed on my window sill. I loored him in with some crumbs and bread "Tennessee beats WVU is what he said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It’s pretty late for him to even go JUCO this year. Why not get his academic life together, keep working out and join the early enrollment guys with the 2019 class in January? Still has 5 to play 4 and gives him 8 months to get ready for next year when there’s a good chance he will be in the 2 deep if not a starter in what will be his Freshman year.

Reactions: smokeyz1
IMO it is more likely JJ's transcript eventually gets approved by the NCAA. I think it was asking too much for the NCAA to approve a transcript (apparently with a few very late class repeats) in a couple days.

Juniors are already playing too! You go to junior college when your grades will not get you into the big school. If it is clearing house delays then approval is granted, he will in all probability enroll in Jan. And why not--if he wanted to be here anyway. He didn't lose a year and it will give him time to grow into it! I just can't believe we can lay it all at the feet of the clearing house though! And college ain't for everybody!

JJ would only have to go to JUCO if the NCAA Clearinghouse rejects his test score/transcript for some reason.

If his test score/transcript is approved by the NCAA Clearinghouse after the UT Drop/Add date this semester, then he can enroll at UT in January. He would still count against the 2018 numbers. He could go through spring practice and be ready for the 2019 season. This is probably the most likely scenario now.

With that scenario how much eligibility would he have? 5 years to play 4, or does he loose a year. I assume that we loose the roster spot for 2018 but he still has 5 years to play 4.

With that scenario how much eligibility would he have? 5 years to play 4, or does he loose a year. I assume that we loose the roster spot for 2018 but he still has 5 years to play 4.

His college time clock would not start until the 2019 season...so he would still have 5 years to play 4. However, If he turned out to be an even better player than we think, he would be able to go pro after his true sophomore season since he would technically be 3 years removed from High School.

Reactions: Halph66
After 5 pm now and no word. That was the deadline from UT. Good luck to the young man

VN Store

Back