Best Morning Vols Talk Show?

can't do basillo. shock jock crap, and his voice is like nails on a chalk board imo. to each his own. but i can't stand Basillo....imo, as far to one side of the spectrum WNML is, he's at the complete opposite end. neither are all that great.
Basilio is extremely entertaining. Is a lot of discernment required when listening? Yes, but still entertaining.

Basilio is extremely entertaining. Is a lot of discernment required when listening? Yes, but still entertaining.
even if i thought his content was 100% spot on, i couldn't listen to that guy. just not my cup of tea, at all.

even if i thought his content was 100% spot on, i couldn't listen to that guy. just not my cup of tea, at all.
He at least says what's on his mind, understands football, and understands the dynamics of the program. His voice is kind of annoying (originally from Philly I think) but I can get past that. Most of the other ones out there are either PR for the program, non-stop ads, or just lazy takes.

Reactions: Jack Burton
He at least says what's on his mind, understands football, and understands the dynamics of the program. His voice is kind of annoying (originally from Philly I think) but I can get past that. Most of the other ones out there are either PR for the program, non-stop ads, or just lazy takes.

Basilio is VFL all the way. If something is wrong he will call it out unlike most of the Knoxville media worried about losing access to their 7 minute practices.

Reactions: TheNogler
The SwainEvent.I'm here in florida(no cap letter for a reason),so I listen to swainevent on theorangeandwhitereport.com(no smart phone either).He.is informative,no BS,and has former teammates and others call-in with guestions/comments and he gives straight and knowledgeable answers.Charlie Burris and Ben Mckee also contribute.You could do a whole lot worse.GBO

Reactions: Jack Burton
Locked on Vols Podcast (formerly RockyTalk) is my go to as a person who lives in middle TN and has a 15 minute commute. Just the news. Love Josh Ward.

Basilio is VFL all the way. If something is wrong he will call it out unlike most of the Knoxville media worried about losing access to their 7 minute practices.
Tony B is great. His coverage of the coaching search was really good. Stayed on for 12 hours straight I think. He doesn't kiss @ss. I

If you like hearing someone talk in circles and smacks his lips with every other word that comes out of his mouth than Trey Wallace is your guy.

I'm glad that I'm not the only person that isn't a fan of Wallace's show. He does a decent interview, but when he is just trying to talk about sports, it is virtually unlistenable. On top of that, his takes are just atrocious.

Tony B is a drama queen, but sometimes has "insider info".
Ainge sounds like he's still on drugs.
Hyams is a nanny, but like his "news and notes" at 3:05pm.
Josh Ward and co burn my ears.
Will try Swain.

It's not possible for a morning show to be worse than the McDonald's Wake Up Zone on 104.5 in Nashville. Marc Howard and Blaine Bishop together are like nails on a chalk board. 3HL on the commute home is pretty entertaining.
That kid on 102.5 in the afternoon all titans all the time it really sucks to

Fox Sports Knoxville is the only station that comes to being real and genuine. So many conflicts of interest on the other stations - especially WNML - so you'll never hear how they truly feel. In turn they have less inside connections within the program since they make enemies for not holding anything back - but IMO its well worth the trade off than listening guys like Ainge, Brian Rice or Jimmy kiss ass the whole time.

FSK was calling for Lyle's head 2015/2016 like most fans should've been as it was painfully obvious by then he wasn't gonna make it here. Adding Trey Wallace was a big boost as well as he's well connected.

Reactions: MiSean615
My only issue with Swain's show is he has too many damn segments. Sometimes I just wish they'd talk Vols and take calls. But no, we gotta get through "for what" and "atta boy." Also I'm so sick of hearing Turkey Man call in.

I really enjoy the segments on Swains show. And don’t dis the best caller. Lol

VN Store

Back