Ticket Sales Down

GoVols#18

Ticket sales are awful this year? Why are people so down when we have a new coach that might be a great one?

*A. The product doesn't match the cost
B. A Big screen TV without the hassle of gameday.

* As someone mentioned attendance is suffering across the board because the TV experience is so much better than it was 15-20 years ago.

Well, I don't want attendance to decline, but it has worked out well for me. I was able to upgrade my season tickets. I got closer to the field and closer to the 50 yard line. I was in QQ row 26, which were good seats for the money, but now I'm in FF row four. I'm pretty excited about it! Did anyone else change sections?

Also, I believe Battered Vol Syndrome is a real thing. Many are cynical and in a wait and see mode, and I can't blame them.
After getting bit by snake three or four times, eventually you'll stop walking in the grass.

I agree, people are in a wait and see mode. Come week 4 Neyland will be sold out
And everything will be fine. Fans just want to see results before they waiste their hard earned money again. Last year really did a number on the vol faithfuls.

Cheaper food, bathroom down the hall, comfy couch, alcohol in fridge, HD flat screens, no driving or traffic. It is an issue for all live events, not just UT.
You kinda sound like an old person (no offense!)... There is still nothing like the experience of tailgating with family and friends before the game and then watching the Vols in Neyland (the Wrigley Field of college football). The main problem is that the morale of the fan base is understandably low right now... We are going on our 4th different head coach since 2009 and he is just as unproven as the other 3 were when they got here. You also had the chaotic and embarrassing coaching search which led to our 4th athletic director since '09 as well. There is the impression that the administration just can't do anything right.

Attendance will not be a concern when ( if ) Tennessee gets this thing turned around.

You kinda sound like an old person (no offense!)... There is still nothing like the experience of tailgating with family and friends before the game and then watching the Vols in Neyland (the Wrigley Field of college football). The main problem is that the morale of the fan base is understandably low right now... We are going on our 4th different head coach since 2009 and he is just as unproven as the other 3 were when they got here. You also had the chaotic and embarrassing coaching search which led to our 4th athletic director since '09 as well. There is the impression that the administration just can't do anything right.

Attendance will not be a concern when ( if ) Tennessee gets this thing turned around.
Not an old guy lol, I just don't like crowds and people being in my personal space. I still make it to a couple games a year in Neyland, nothing beats the live experience, even if it makes me uncomfortable.

Actually...he sounded like a young person. Old folks actually don't care about that stuff, they just go.

Actually...he sounded like a young person. Old folks actually don't care about that stuff, they just go.
I don't personally think age factors into it. People have their reasons for going or staying home due to their personal preferences, I don't think it is an age thing, unless it is a mobility issue for a much older person.

I don't personally think age factors into it. People have their reasons for going or staying home due to their personal preferences, I don't think it is an age thing, unless it is a mobility issue for a much older person.
It depends on who you know, I suppose... the old people I know (parents and other relatives) speak of everything in terms of comfort and value, but I realize not every old (er) person is that way.

The problem is that we have these huge screen tv's now. We can fix our delicious wings and snacks cheaply, (as opposed to Neyland prices) go to a clean bathroom, and not have to fight a huge crowd going home. Still, for many of us, nothing beats that pre-game show, game atmosphere and being part of the noise.

Reactions: Volatility
*A. The product doesn't match the cost
B. A Big screen TV without the hassle of gameday.

* As someone mentioned attendance is suffering across the board because the TV experience is so much better than it was 15-20 years ago.
Also, every game is broadcast (unlike 15-20 years ago) plus you can watch other games too.

Reactions: onevol74
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm wait and see. The hill has been a cluster for ten years and I'm not convinced yet it's corrected. I have hopes that Fulmer can turn it around but there have been many more issues with the university than just the AD.

Add to that, it sometimes takes 3 hours to get out of a game and get home ( across Knoxville), when I could sit on the couch with friends having a good time, it's a no brainer

VN Store

Back