'19 **Class of 2019 Tennessee Commitments**

As long as we continue to pull better talent from Georgia, NC, and other places, I don't care

I get that, and agree.
It is just unusual that the top talent in-state are barely looking at UT. That is all. It is also obvious. And if UT isn't recruiting them as hard, why? Is it these kids have no desire to even look at UT, CJP just smarter, or the know they can't get them.? Just a curious mind.....

Last edited:
Reactions: BucksnortVol
I get that, and agree.
It is just unusual that the top talent in-state are barely looking at UT. That is all. It is also obvious. And if UT isn't recruiting them as hard, why? Is it these kids have no desire to even look at UT, CJP just smarter, or the know they can't get them.? Just a curious mind.....

Seems like a lot of in state talent has always looked out. And I think a lot of guys are taking a wait and see approach. On top of that, the home state has been a bad team most of these kids life. And I'm not sure who our staff is looking at. But it seems they are not looking too close to home this year with what we have

I get that, and agree.

Four. And. Eight. Fifteen years of irrelevance. Take your pick.

New staff obviously had relationships with kids and hs programs they recruited at on previous stops. It will get better with time. They are looking for 2 things. 1. The best. 1b. The best who want to be Vols. I wouldn’t worry about where they come from in this 1st cycle. We know CBJ pulled a lot of in state and players with family ties, some were great.. some were not.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
New staff obviously had relationships with kids and hs programs they recruited at on previous stops. It will get better with time. They are looking for 2 things. 1. The best. 1b. The best who want to be Vols. I wouldn’t worry about where they come from in this 1st cycle. We know CBJ pulled a lot of in state and players with family ties, some were great.. some were not.

Why ever worry where they come from?

Done. Would've done it last night but every time I checked, the main forum wasn't up yet. And I had to get up by 4am today, so I wasn't going to wait up too long. I need my beauty sleep.

Class is filling up! And I really like all our guys. BOOM.

I just hear excuses.......

Reactions: EdEcEko77
Current class make up

1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
2 TE
3 OL
4 DL
2 LB
1 S
2 CB

That's 17 spots "locked up." I know numbers can be worked around sometimes, but I think the general consensus is/was we only have room for 23 this year.

Potentially only six more spots and we're still in good on the following four star or better players:

Jaylen McCoullough
Jaydon Hill
Devin Bush
Darnell Wright
Khris Bogle
Quavaris Crouch
Trey Knox
Khafre Brown
Taulia Tagovailoa
Kristin Williams
Charles Moore

Am I forgetting anyone?

Reactions: Volnut
Current class make up

1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
2 TE
3 OL
4 DL
2 LB
1 S
2 CB

That's 17 spots "locked up." I know numbers can be worked around sometimes, but I think the general consensus is/was we only have room for 23 this year.

Potentially only six more spots and we're still in good on the following four star or better players:

Jaylen McCoullough
Jaydon Hill
Devin Bush
Darnell Wright
Khris Bogle
Quavaris Crouch
Trey Knox
Khafre Brown
Taulia Tagovailoa
Kristin Williams
Charles Moore

Am I forgetting anyone?
They're still talking to Norton and Hampton a lot, but I wouldn't quite include them on this list yet. Could also include Zion Puckett

Looks like none of the recruits thread links are working in the OP.
Looks like the threads have a new link format.

Old - http://www.volnation.com/forum/forums/tennessee-vols-recruiting.25/269408-19-ga-wr-ramel-keyton.html
New - http://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/ga-wr-ramel-keyton-ut-commit-5-16-18.269408/

VN Store

Back