2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan Anderson c/o 2019 from GA just committed. His PG grade is a 10 and he’s #150 in the country.

Last edited:
Ethan Anderson c/o 2019 from GA just committed. His PG grade is a 10 and he’s #150 in the country.

I like 10s.

bo-derek-10_a-G-9791620-13198926.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Just got the first 2022 commitment Caden Marcum from Missouri. He’s 6’4 he’s a pitcher , 3B and outfielder. Very good power hitter and has plus speed. He plays on a summer team for one of CTV’s former players at Mizzou. I could very easily see other players from that team committing to Tennessee as well with the connection.

I have no confirmation we are doing this but I wanted to know this boards thoughts

Would you be ok with this if your son was being offered with such promises????

The player is signing a scholarship for 60% in year1. They are told they aren't getting anything for year2 and then back on the 60% for year 3. Year 4 is back to being a walk on

Thoughts???

I have no confirmation we are doing this but I wanted to know this boards thoughts

Would you be ok with this if your son was being offered with such promises????

The player is signing a scholarship for 60% in year1. They are told they aren't getting anything for year2 and then back on the 60% for year 3. Year 4 is back to being a walk on

Thoughts???
It would completely depend on what other offers he would have and what is the sole reason is he choosing a school. Is it about the scholarship money, is it about the school/academics, is it about the coach and the program, is it about playing team. All of these things would be evaluated when choosing a school. They don’t have to take the deal. They can choose somewhere else if there is a better offer. In this day in age a 60 percent scholarship is pretty damn good. Although 2 of the years you aren’t getting any money. Have you heard of programs doing this?

Yes I know at least a few programs are doing it. I had suspensions we are but no proof. It's a brilliant yet cutthroat way of doing things. Virtually assures lots of $ to spend in each class and only the really good players every make it on the roster for year3.

Yes I know at least a few programs are doing it. I had suspensions we are but no proof. It's a brilliant yet cutthroat way of doing things. Virtually assures lots of $ to spend in each class and only the really good players every make it on the roster for year3.
Yeah and it leaves year 2 open so the money can be free and they can recruit in that class knowing the money is there. They will know if the incoming recruit will make it or not in year 1. If they cut him that year the money comes off the books in year 3 anyway.

It’s essentially a 30 percent scholarship for 4 years. Only thing I wouldn’t like as a parent in year 4 is not having leverage against pro teams if you don’t like where you went in the draft. I see the coaches point of view because they want to knows years in advance if the money will be open or not because they aren’t sure if the recruit will be there. I guess that stuff could be confidential but the pro scouts usually know everything.

Last edited:
I don't know if any of that is going on, but I know this. No athlete on a scholarship, male or female, should have to be on a partial.

Not with the money the AD brings in every year.

It is ridiculous, beyond ridiculous...10 million a year would probably fund full rides, think about it...That's about Nick Saban's salary for a year...not saying he doesn't deserve it, but...it says something about our collective priorities in terms of education.

Back to baseball recruiting...

If we want to continue on this topic, we should start a thread outside this one which is for recruiting/commitments/signees.

Reactions: OldTimer
I don't know if any of that is going on, but I know this. No athlete on a scholarship, male or female, should have to be on a partial.

Not with the money the AD brings in every year.

It is ridiculous, beyond ridiculous...10 million a year would probably fund full rides, think about it...That's about Nick Saban's salary for a year...not saying he doesn't deserve it, but...it says something about our collective priorities in terms of education.

Back to baseball recruiting...

If we want to continue on this topic, we should start a thread outside this one which is for recruiting/commitments/signees.

agreed this would make a terrific stand alone topic.............lots of discussion over the years about recruiting/scholarships advantages and disadvantages per school and conferences.

With that said, I would like confirmation from others however I firmly believe that ALL incoming players realize they can be cut/letgo/released after any season, its the nature of the beast in todays climate in college athletics. Not saying its right but it is what it is.........

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back