Movies you've seen recently II

A quiet place...8/10. Nice first directing effort for Krazynski. Tight 90 minutes and ended perfectly.

Blade Runner 2049...7.5/10. I'm torn on this one. Lots to live up to. Visually I think it was there for sure. Beautiful and captured Scott's vision. Story wise, not quite and it made it feel bloated and then rushed at the end. Gosling didn't have much and Harrison Ford felt shoehorned in. Could have been better, could have been a lot worse.

Reactions: 1 person
Blade Runner 2049...7.5/10. I'm torn on this one. Lots to live up to. Visually I think it was there for sure. Beautiful and captured Scott's vision. Story wise, not quite and it made it feel bloated and then rushed at the end. Gosling didn't have much and Harrison Ford felt shoehorned in. Could have been better, could have been a lot worse.

It was too long, but otherwise great. The soundtrack is beautiful.

Mississippi Grind....good story and pretty much one that has been told one way or another but the characters were well played and I like how they showed each city’s dives and historical spots. Overall I say about a 8.376

I rated it higher than you, but you nailed it. I agree with your assessment.

Yeah I hear Denzel really steps out of his comfort zone with this one.

When Denzel is Denzel, he's the best, but the amount of love he gets vs. how many good movies he actually stars in is so disproportionate. Book of Eli was 8 years ago, and before that, his last good movie was Man on Fire 14 years ago. I guess American Gangster was solid, but he's been in 17 movies over that time period.

When Denzel is Denzel, he's the best, but the amount of love he gets vs. how many good movies he actually stars in is so disproportionate. Book of Eli was 8 years ago, and before that, his last good movie was Man on Fire 14 years ago. I guess American Gangster was solid, but he's been in 17 movies over that time period.

Are you saying Book of Eli was his last good movie?

The quality of his offers seemed to fall off quick.

Dayum.

I think Denzel is overrated.

He doesn’t really move the needle one way or the other for me. That being said, I enjoy his Robert McCall character. EQ 2 was fun, I was in the mood for a revenge film so it worked.

He doesn’t really move the needle one way or the other for me. That being said, I enjoy his Robert McCall character. EQ 2 was fun, I was in the mood for a revenge film so it worked.

I like him and really like several of his movies, I just don't like him as much as some do.

Equalizer, Man on fire, Déjà vu I liked, I liked Inside Man and Training Day too. Didn't care for Flight. I look forward to the new Equalizer.

VN Store

Back