2019 TN DT Elijah Simmons Commits to UT

I don't care if I'm a 450 OL, I would sheet my pants he lined up in front of me!

When I see him, the word pain comes to mind.

This kid hasn't even begun to peak, he is relatively new to football and he will refine his game and get stronger and faster and more menacing!

We could make him the next Paul Bain, and he might actually exceed our exaggerations.

Kind of a similar build to owen Williams from a few years back. Many would say he was undersized, but he was incredibly strong. Saw something that said Simmons went from benching somewhere in the 100s to 405. Imagine what a couple years of S&C can do for him. Low center of gravity and great strength is an excellent combo in this league. I for one am excited to see an instate commit on the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: 4 people
He will be a great player for UTC one day when he transfers from here.

Have you watched his film. This kid has a mean streak and plays like a mad man. He won't be going anywhere else. I for one am excited to see how these coaches will coach these kids up. We are on our way back to teams dreading playing the Vols because they know they will get punched in the mouth for 4 quarters. It will begin this year and only get better from there

Welcome to Rocky Top Elijah! I hope you enjoy the campus as much as I did. Study and make smart decisions and you will be glad you did. Looking forward to seeing you in Orange and White.

NB4 the pessimistic fans who know more than the coaches paid to make these decisions. Too late?

Also, it's July. It'll work itself out if his senior year doesn't pan out. Not that you've watched his film, I'm sure.

Ah, mostly everyone looks good in highlight films. An offer list speaks volumes. Maybe he just hasn't been discovered, but we see responses like yours every year. And you know what? It's old, I just want to win and it's hard to do without bluechip recruits.

Reactions: 5 people
We hope. His offer list is super weak. Not even a Vandy offer.

It don't matter tho, cause the coaches know what their doing. Just like Butch knew what he was doing cause he wasn't Dooley. And Dooley knew what he was doing cause he was smart, had good hair, and he coached under Saban, and his dad won a NC. Meanwhile, Ga and Bama just picked up another 5* and scored on us again.

This guy's big, that's it. Staff is just HOPING they can get more out of him

Reactions: 3 people
It don't matter tho, cause the coaches know what their doing. Just like Butch knew what he was doing cause he wasn't Dooley. And Dooley knew what he was doing cause he was smart, had good hair, and he coached under Saban, and his dad won a NC. Meanwhile, Ga and Bama just picked up another 5* and scored on us again.

I HOPE the staffs gets more out of him too.. Because if they do.. He will be a force.. He already dominates on both sides of the ball and in camp.

Ah, mostly everyone looks good in highlight films. An offer list speaks volumes. Maybe he just hasn't been discovered, but we see responses like yours every year. And you know what? It's old, I just want to win and it's hard to do without bluechip recruits.

Yep. I am in the same place as you regarding our recruits. I hope like hell this staff hits on every single one of these diamonds in the rough and they all develop into great players. However we've seen this movie before. I guesss am suffering from battered Vol syndrome too much to simply be optimistic.

Reactions: 5 people

This staff has way too many skins on the wall to chalk this recruitment as “HOPING”...specially this early.

To be honest, when I first read this kid's height and weight, 6'1" 355 ibs., I was expecting to see a sloppy fat guy, but that isn't the case. He's not only big, he's big, mean, quick and agile. A track & field athlete, shot put, discus throw and ran a leg on his team's 4 z 100 relay. They say he's also a good-natured, happy warrior, which I infer as he is coachable.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0ug-pKsjnE[/YOUTUBE]​

VN Store

Back